Froozen troop still gets extra turn

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC/Steam

Screenshot or image:

Screenshot taken after enemy’s turn

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
A frozen opponent made a 4 gems match and got an extra turn

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time a 4 gems match was made in the new class event. I remarked this in other games but I wasn’t sure about it at first but when playing this game I was more attentive for it and here I was really sure it happened.

Steps to make it happen again
Play class event?

do you recall what gem color the enemy took?
it would lose its turn only if it took purple, green (its mana color), and skull (since its 1st slot)

So, if you’re frozen, you still get an extra turn if you match 4 or 5 gems that are not your mana colors or skulls? In the case above, if enemy matched 4 reds, it would still get an extra turn?

Yes it does and this goes for every troop except for the first slot or skull damager.

Noob has already pointed out above but the first slot loses any extra turns from its colors and 4 or 5 match skulls also.

Also to add a little more, if any troops share the same color as the frozen troop this also means extra turns are negated which is why Freeze is so potent against mono-color teams.

yes, and if your 1st slot isnt frozen you still get an extra turn from skulls

yes

Thank you, @noob and @Fiara

My apologies to @WWDiver , I did not mean to distract from your bug report.

2 Likes

As you can see on the screenshot Nyx was the only enemy left and she made a 4 skull match which killed of my first troop and after that she made an other 3 skull match which shouldn’t have been possible.
This wasn’t the first time this happened, but it was the first time I was really sure of it as I said in my first message.

2 Likes

Hey, 4-5 Skull matches are affected by the first Troop’s status, in this case Nyx is the first (and only troop) so a 4 Skull match won’t give an extra turn.

Is it possible the 4 match exploded rather than matched?

We tested this but we weren’t able to reproduce the issue.

Nope the 4 skull match was the first move done by the Nix. It was also not a unique event. I can’t say exactly how many times it happened but it surely happened more than once.

I can only confirm this. The problem here is that it doesn’t happen all the time, not sure what the cause is, but it’s there. Also, I also had a move (T-shape match), but when I moved a gem, it was not counted as an extra turn. So, yes, there are issues at times.