Fix Tassarion please

Cast once pretty much makes him unusable when there are so many other troops. Should definitely tweak the amount of gems created to maybe half magic +3 or something but fixing Scorpius was nice please do tass!

9 Likes

This is pretty much true for all older one-shot troops (Sand Scuttler is probably fine). Roc don’t wanna be an island!

1 Like

I think Sand Scuttler is fine with the one time cast since he’s a pain to kill otherwise (Looking at you Leonis Raid) or if the remove that, hard nerf the magic on him. Others don’t seem problematic if removed like Tassarion or Roc.

Tasserion is fine the way he is. The reason it’s a one shot is the amount of gems created at once.

1 Like

Yes, also the reason he is more or less useless. I wouldn’t waste a slot on a one time cast to give allies 3 magic and a one time mana burst especially for 18 cost… that’s crazy. Being a storyline character you’d think they would make it playable. Never really used Scorpius much until it was able to cast multiple times and now it’s definitely worth using.

I think keeping his mana cost at 18 but changing his spell to give all allies 1 magic and create magic/2+3 gems of a chosen color would be balanced and usable if it were no longer a one shot.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums. Tassarion is an odd choice to single out of the 80-90% of the game’s 500+ troops that need a buff to be remotely comparable to recent stuff, or useful…

1 Like

If I’m going to use a troop like Tassarion who gives others benefits on a one-shot, but then does nothing else useful, I’d combine him with Black Beast or Princess Elspeth such that, once he’s done his thing, he can be killed off.

Then add any other Summoner Troop to fill the empty slot :+1:

I like that idea, he uses his Forbidden Tome to cast magic onto the board and create gems but before others can learn it, he is killed and replaced with a random troop from Glacial Peaks. That sounds kind of viable and would open up using 4 (If you wanted at least)

Thought about it after Scorpius was made no longer a one shot and suddenly a troop worth using… idk, just thought that being a storyline character he deserved a little bit more play but I guess popular opinion is otherwise so meh :man_shrugging:

You can use him up front as a meat shield and after he casts he no longer blocks mana.

"
BARBELITH

4h

I think keeping his mana cost at 18 but changing his spell to give all allies 1 magic and create magic/2+3 gems of a chosen color would be balanced and usable if it were no longer a one shot.
This. Please do this. He would be very useful, instead of worthless.

1 Like

I wouldn’t waste a slot on it, the suggestion of using as a sacrificed troop via Elspeth or another similar troop is a better idea but still more or less useless in my honest opinion… before when Scorpius was a one shot I tried a few different builds mainly focussed around his trait because can’t really make a solid strategy out of casting once and I ended up putting him back in the box and on the shelf to gather dust until this update made him pretty awesome. True that Scorpius is a base mythic and Tassarion is a base epic but… Tassarion is a storyline character and I just feel like he deserves to be useful.

@HounganAtLarge especially with his arcane trait which would slowly ramp the gem production. With cost at 18 it wouldn’t be overpowered but definitely worthy of using where at present he gathers dust making guest appearances in quest lines more than most other troops…