Feature request: treasure map bulk use option

Ok so I know those tricks and used to average in the 120s but since the 2.0 update my TH runs won’t break 60 to save my life?

I even started a thread but devs said that they did not alter drop rates in anyway.

So… I don’t get it but I just don’t play TH anymore. Used to be a favorite for trait stones. Now I can do 6 explores in the same time as a single 100+ move TH takes. If those were even still possible for me…

I’m interested in the time metric of those high-turn treasure hunt runs.

I don’t use Tyri and haven’t except for a just a bit after this change went live. I am currently sitting at over 1500 treasure maps, nearly all of them from cascades. Tyri more removes the barrier-to-entry for the newer players that need the maps for their rewards the most. It is, in part, a supply issue, but mostly because of how long it takes to complete each treasure hunt minigame. The very object of the game is to extend your turns (and therefore time spent) for as long as possible. Maps are still being treated as this exclusive currency, but I’d be spending about half of my play time in treasure hunt if I just played the ones I earned from battle, from this point on, not using Tyri, earning rewards which, for the time spent, still can’t really be considered “good”.

The main reason I don’t play is because I don’t particularly like the mini-game for extended periods of time. The reward metrics require you to play for extended periods of time to earn any kind of significant rewards. Despite the removal of the worst rewards from the best chests, you can still get “bad” rewards for rather long games. If I spent my time playing treasure hunt to the point where I could actually cut into my backlog of 1500 maps, I’d be ignoring the rest of the game, for probably months, which would make the rewards pretty much irrelevant.

The numbers in the original post are way off for bulk use, as I would likely pay 10 maps at a time for a double reward and 25 for a triple reward treasure hunt, and 50 for a 4x, even if (especially if) the boost option were only available once a day. And by double/triple/quad reward, I mean that each instance reward instance rolls that many times, so you are far less likely to get 2 vaults and end up with no keys to show for it. These may be a bit to the other extreme, but I have so many maps, and without the inclusion of another map-based minigame that uses multiple maps a time to enter, they are and will continue to be totally worthless to me and many others while continuing to take the place of other potential rewards, like the gems that used to drop from 7x cascades. I’m really just looking for anything that would both make the map currency feel like an actual currency and the treasure hunt minigame to feel like an actual bonus minigame. Those that actually enjoy the game for what it is would can still have it, one map at a time. In the meantime, every map I get from a cascade is a gem I don’t have just because treasure hunt exists.

Treasure Hunt can be streaky, just like other aspects of the game. I’ll get streaks where I finish with 30-50 moves… but I keep playing & the streak ends, I go back to getting higher scores.

Player skill matters a lot but sometimes the board won’t cooperate.

I don’t really measure it… I really like treasure hunt. I find it really zen and soothing and pleasant. The more the merrier.

2 Likes

2016 and i still think that maps are useless… the bulk option keeps sounds like a good idea :smiley:

1 Like

Bolk use option that scales rewards and/or turns would be nice. Like use two maps double rewards and start with 8 turns, use three maps start with 8 turns and triple rewards. In hindsight you would be getting possibly less rewards but you are also using the maps faster.

OK, then i suggested with Sirrian and/or Nim before, that you could spend MAPs on EXPLORE to enhance them that way too.
as an option. can spend 10 maps to increase arcane drop chance to 10x instead of 3x as it is now. THEN it is not “giving” u arcanes, so this way, it has an alternate usage for your “extra” maps.

MAPS for EXPLORE, seems like a logical choice! and poor tyri might get some much needed attention again :}~

1 Like

I think being able to rage quit the map and getting rewards is a better option for dealing with excess maps.

Treasure maps would be more useful if you could just apply them to your normal play matches to boost your accumulation of resources like Merchant and Necromany traits do for gold and souls.

1 Like