Famine too strong for Guild War? [SOLVED]

How does Famine drains that much of mana? You never cast anything?..

Mana drain does have a counter its… Guess what… Mana drain

1 Like

I meant once cast.

1 Like

Ahhh i see… My bad

The Famine fanboys will nit pick any and all statements to attempt to derail the argument/position as they know its OP but they have Famine (likely multiples) and want to keep the party going. I hope the Devs can see through the BS that all the “Famine is fine, its you who suck” or “Famine is fine, its ok to lose once in a while” or “Famine is fine, other troops do the same thing” arguments try and sell as vindication that Famine should not be nerfed.

Then there is those that don’t give two cents about Famine at all and are simply trolls looking for an argument to incite so they can feel special.

To those Famine supporters who do not fall into any of the above categories (there maybe 1 or 2 of you) I hope you do not take offense at this post as none was intended.

3 Likes

Yeah and which am i?

@Vangor - Only you can answer that…:slight_smile:

Well u tell me… I have 2 famines fully traited and my GW def is DK/BM famine plague famine all fully traited and i do not think he is OP

@Vangor - I guess you fall into either

or

Or a combination of both.

I didnt say anyone sucks (although im sure some ppl do)

My list of types of Famine supporters was not meant to be exhaustive.

So you are saying maybe im not on the list?

Correct, the list is not all inclusive.

Good i would hate for someone i dont even know to be able to categorize me so easily

2 Likes

I don’t have Famine, and I think his spell is fine where it is. His traits aren’t balanced around multiple copies per team and need to be looked at.

My arguments against a nerf have to do with making the game easier. If there are only a few teams capable of giving endgame players enough of a challenge that they actually lose on occasion then the problem is that there aren’t enough troops at the correct power level. Nerfing the few that are at the right power level might increase diversity (one of the few good arguments for nerfing), but at the cost of any actual challenge.

3 Likes

In general end game players don’t want a challenge - they tended to be among the ones so strongly opposed to eliminating 1-troop defenses because they wanted to farm gold/traitstones faster. Oh sorry, that’s not it. It was so they didn’t have to see the same famine and beast teams as all 3 of their pvp choices. Or…hmmm…wait a minute…

In general players of all levels will take speed and ease over challenge. Generally - there are exceptions out there.

Exactly!!! And it is the job of a game’s developer to keep the game challenging. Nerfing everything till we are all using peasants isn’t the right direction.

#buffsbeforenerfs

You’re missing the point - more gamers want to skate through and collect things than want to be challenged. Their ‘challenge’ is so see how many LT they can complete, how much more gold you can donate, how many mythics you can acquire, can we complete all guild tasks 5 minutes after reset rather than 6 minutes after reset. None of that can be accomplished by making battles more challenging and slowing them down.

I certainly don’t think every time someone complains about something it should be nerfed. It’s always about figuring out whether nerfing something improves the experience for more people than if they don’t.

I want a challenge but I want variety as well. Playing the same defense teams over and over using the same color team per day is not a challenge, its not fun, its not entertaining, its boring. With the Unity update the CPU AI is getting a huge upgrade and that upgrade coupled with an OP Famine and all the people using it in the meta defense adds up to far more of a challenge most people will accept.

What I want is for defenses to be varied for whatever reason to add flavor and variety to the game but have those matches be a challenge. Just because there is currently only one troop in the game that gives a challenge is not reason to keep that troop, the troop should be nerfed down to the same level as the rest of the Mythics and the AI upgraded so that it uses a large variety of the current troops in game more effectively.

2 Likes

There is no question famine is a very nasty troop, but it’s mana draining attack can be held at bay by quick charging mana draining troops like morthani’s will, succubus, spirit fox, moloch etc.

What makes the famine particularly nasty is it’s third trait that reduces some skill on the first troop by 3 points every turn. That should not be allowed to stack with another famine. That’s just too much of a drain. Troops that stun will help, but there aren’t too many of them. EK is probably the best, but it’s random (with the 4 or 5 gem match) or the famine happens to be in the first or second troop (via EK’s attack).

1 Like