Explore petition

Oh? It hasn’t really felt that way. I’ll have to double-check. BTW, I’m assuming that next week’s PC Event will be Red/Green again, so that would be a 3rd one since May 15 (Marilith, Dragon Cruncher, and now [new Leonis Epic that has been spoiled in other threads]).

Is there a good list of the event history somewhere? If not, maybe I’ll start a thread for that.

You’re misunderstanding the original suggestion. It was only about completing all challenges before being allowed to enter explore and/or change difficulty in explore.

2 Likes

I like the idea of requiring higher kingdom power (not 5, maybe 2 or 3) or completing some of the challenges before explore becomes available. In so doing there needs to be a far better chance of actually getting an arcane or at least a runic trait stone, but after you get so many of those the chances begins to diminish. That way this actually feels like a resource that does diminish if used a lot.

As it is I don’t see explore as a viable alternative to pvp or maps in getting valuable trait stones.

Imo you can just leave explore as it is. Before they added it, the only really reliable source of traitstones was the glory reward packs. Now they added another method of getting specific stones you’re looking for.

And I for one fully traited the new class and Carnex on a sunday… and I had no single arcane that I needed. So it’s not that hard to get them. Sure, it takes a lot of games to be played, but still… it’s arcane traitstones… and you shouldnt get them handed to you on a silver plate.

5 Likes

Bring back the original Dust Devils!!!

hands over Astral Spirits

Done!

2 Likes

If I may…

You can think of Arcane traitstones as 200-300 glory each. That’s fairly true for high-level players.
If they drop 4.5% of the time in explore, that means that about every 25 games you are getting 200-300 glory. That’s an average of 10 glory per match.

Better than PvP, in terms of glory/traitstone rewards. Lower gold, of course, but that’s why it’s called choices - because each has different strengths & weaknesses.

10 Likes

I’m happy with the drops so far, like people are saying… they shouldn’t be trivialised with a higher drop rate. Gems of War is all about the grind/reward after all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To hearken back to OP, something is definitely wrong with the difficulty scaling of troops. A starting Fortress Gate vs a summoned FG have incredibly different stats (or is this due to the summoning glitch that was introduced with 2.0.1?).

@Nimhain
@Sirrian

That summoning glitch already existed way back when they added the Darkstone kingdom… at least that was the first time I experienced it (Dark Master summoning a Thrall with 100+ hp)

Explore is the Fastest way to trait epics/legendaries, just use Celestial armor when farming it and its a piece of cake

Ah, okay, thanks. I wasn’t aware of that. Any word as to when it will be fixed?

Sry, no clue.

Lets say that trait stones, outside of explore had a 80% chance to drop. Within that 80% chance each stone has its own chance to drop. This is only in theory to make a point so bear with me here as the math might be kinda wacky.
These must not exceed that 80% drop rate as far as the theory holds. Each rarity must have the same chances.
Minor 1, 20%
minor 2, 20%
major 1, 10%
major 2, 10%
runic 1, 5%
runic 2, 5%
arcane 1, 5%
celestial 1, 5%
Of course these are not the correct current values but for the sake of argument at 80% chance they could be. Now in explore the chance of a trait stone dropping is 100% so what happens to the above values? They would also increase to equal 100% but that is only a theory, a game theory.

The drop chance of a traitstone is 100% across the board, not 80…

This is true now, but before explore it used to not be. So in theory now that it is 100% all the chances for all the stones has increased as well even though the chances have not been directly changed (outside of explore)

It was 100% before Explore came out. @Sirrian (iirc) confirmed it not too long ago. Explore isn’t the only place where it is/was 100%.

2 Likes

Explore mode takes some percentage chance from minor and major traitstone drops and gives that percentage to runics, arcanes, and celestials.

5 Likes

One could wish it took the chance all from major stones, but alas, that doesn’t appear to be the case. :rolling_eyes: