Explore petition

Could Devs consider adding difficulty level to explore games also?

I totally don’t understand why explore is excluded from that option. What’s the point of that?
Why are explore games needed? To farm traitstones - especially arcanes. And even with higher probability than normal it’s still difficult to get one, so it demands to play A LOT. So the level should be possibly lower to play very fast battles. Instead players are forced to struggle with fully-traited legendaries…not everybody has some kind of upgraded killer team like Maw/Mab combo to deal with that fast!

Conclusion? Explore is a waste of time for now and there’s no sense to play it for not-hardcore players with average teams…

+1 to this…

Can I also suggest that Explore mode is locked until a player masters (to 5 stars) all the challenges on that kingdom… just a little thing to try and make the challenges relevant again… (as with Explore mode available, people may never do the challenges again)

3 Likes

Don’t like that, instead of punishing players for not completing challenges how about reward those that finish it. So, if players masters all challenges then runic/arcane multiplier is increased from x3 to x4.

As for difficulty, I would love to see every fifth or tenth battle be against boss with guaranteed runic/arcane drop.

9 Likes

Well, it could be not bad idea to lock explore difficulty changing until player complete all challenges from that kingdom to 5 star. Players can choose challenge difficulty, so it sound pretty fair to me. And if player masters all, he will be rewarded with additional explore-unlocked difficulty bonus which is always nice…

1 Like

What do you mean? Enemy stats are still effected by difficulty. ???

You cannot modify enemy’s team difficulty in Explore game by changing difficulty level (normal, hard, warlord I etc) - it is only possible in case of challenges, kingdom quests and custom games if I remember correctly

I see clearly that the enemy stats are way up exploring in WLIV, so am I missing something here?

1 Like

Difficulty should be applying to Explore battles like they do in Quests or Challenges.

What difficulty doesn’t do is affect traitstone drop rates.

2 Likes

Im farming Explore mode on Warlord 4 since it was implemented.

Having the challenges increase the chance of getting good traitstones from explore is a great idea.

1 Like

They could have done that months ago when traitstones were first introduced, and haven’t done so despite upping the overall drop chance of any traitstone to 100% regardless of difficulty. It stands to reason that they considered and discarded the idea of increasing arcane drop chances by difficulty already.

1 Like

Thank’s Nimhaim, good to know that :wink:

It’s great that people complain for months about how hard Arcanes are to get and then they actually introduce something to ease the pain and now folks want more.

Personally, I’m surprised Explore is as easy as it is. Are folks really struggling with it? I just assumed everyone is grinding it like crazy (when not play PvP).

4 Likes

At least in my experience, explore mode just isn’t worth it. I’ve done it maybe 100 times and I’ve gotten three arcanes. Compared to PvP which gives you glory, four or five times the gold, and trophies for your guild, I’m better off just waiting for the event packs.

3/100 is quite good though, and it’s very easy to farm. Does it really take any longer than Challenges did?

If you have legendary troops to trait that still hours of grinding and it’s a lot less fun that doing PvP. Probably for most people weekly glory packs are the main source of arcane traitstones.

Oh yeah, I’m sure most people are grinding PvP and using the glory for the weekly packs. Just saying that if you need a few of a specific Traitstone then they’ve made it surprisingly easy by my measure.

2 Likes

If it Is not too much to ask at this time, can difficulty change the drop chance in explore mode like higher drop rates for higher stones?[quote=“Lyya, post:11, topic:10448”]
haven’t done so despite upping the overall drop chance of any traitstone to 100% regardless of difficulty.
[/quote]

Doesn’t upping the change of all stones to drop also increase the chance or higher ones to drop passively do to the removal of 1 of those chances being nothing at all? [quote=“Studs, post:13, topic:10448”]
Personally, I’m surprised Explore is as easy as it is. Are folks really struggling with it? I just assumed everyone is grinding it like crazy (when not play PvP).
[/quote]

Explore is new hotness.

3/100? You’re at the mercy of the RNG.

My experience has been more like 1/20 or 5/100, maybe even a little better. Since Explore was introduced, I’ve traited out 7 cards, including one legendary and one Hero Class which was previously completely out of reach. I’ve gotten literally 2 dozen or more arcanes since Explore was introduced. To suggest it’s worthless couldn’t be further from the truth! My fear is that they’re going to find it’s TOO good and lessen the drop rates.

As for difficulty, it absolutely does apply to Explore. I mentioned this before but even without the traitstone drops, Explore is worth doing to farm SOULS.

3 Likes

I am saving for both the priest and the rabi class. (necromancer or sorcerer)