Event Journey

Hello everyone,
I saw that the Event Journey would be back soon! Great !
But, the question I ask myself is: Last time, I couldn’t have the 20,000kms Trophy because of the lack of gems! Will we start from scratch or will we pick up where we left off? For my part, I stayed around 16,000 km if I remember correctly!

From how the steam achievement tracks it it seems like the scores will be additive I only spent the gems to upgrade the troop. Personally I don’t plan to spend a ton of gems just to finish. Hopefully they don’t muck it up too bad. Because of the way they messed up the turn tracking we ended up not being able to get as many points as we should have we will have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Steam just displays the highest number reported by the game, it will stay at 9.138 until a higher number is reached, even when starting out at 0 again. Back when Journey was released there wasn’t any persistent counter in the player profile to track miles across events, so it’s somewhat likely they have to be reached in a single event.

3 Likes

Even lamer if that is the case. I won’t be spending gems on it especially if they don’t fix the scoring so you don’t lose all bonus points from turns taken because they accidentally made it moves taken.

I too will do the same!
There are still weird things in this game, I’m going to appeal to a Consumer Defense Association!
Do the same :wink:

please please please have these journey miles be cumulative. I think I made it to 16-18k but ran out of time on a busy weekend and 500 gems for tier 5s was crazy. I don’t want to have one achievement unearned but 3k gems is too much to spend.

I didn’t finish it the first time and when I open my achievements it shows my progress saved at 69%. That makes me think it’ll stack with whatever I do next time around, but nobody really knows until the next event.

It was 10k+ last time

Indeed. At the beginning of the day, it showed me the 10,532 miles I did in the previous event. Now shows the 7503 that I have in the current event. Too bad they haven’t fixed the way of scoring, the points to obtain rewards, or they have put that the miles from different events are cumulative for the achievement. Sad, but I’m not surprised anymore.

I think 2xT7 shop purchase should give enough sigils to reach 20k miles in a single event with reasonably good scoring from fast battles? Can anyone confirm based on last event?

I bought up to T6 last event, and scored 12618 miles from those 28 shop sigils + 24 daily sigils = 52 base sigils. That would imply another 32ish base sigils would be needed to reach 20k, and each T7 purchase gives +20…

Some members of my guild needed T7x2; some needed T7x3.

1 Like

This event really be cheating, giving the playing less than 10 in each stat while putting enemies at level 300. I’m not even at 10k miles yet.

1 Like

Not a journey a rip off with endless summoning reducing chances of reasonable match finishes. Usual shameful gaming tactic we have come to expect from a blatant gem and cash sink event. Best avoided and grind something else.

It’s easily the most apparent gem sink in the game, at least if you want the achievement at all. Weekly events shouldn’t necessitate a gem pool from months and months saved just to get adequate results. Especially when dumping that much actual money, earned or not, doesn’t even necessitate victory. I lost several times to the one team with the sister or brother of darkness, that barriers when the target is purple and has stealthy. That paired with 300 damage to each of your dudes is just toxic.

2 Likes

Some seriously annoying AI teams for sure. Ive had a game where i killed the last guy (nocturnia?) who spawned a full egg on death which immediately spawned something else and so on until I lost. The self cleansing is clearly accelerated and elementalist seems incapable of hitting troop 1 with his 3rd trait. Enemy resistance to status effects is ramped up and level 700+ stats hit hard while you tickle them with L&D, The gray king or whoever. Save up, do it once and leave it well alone (apart from ur guild share) for evermore.

1 Like

If you want, I’ve been using Trickster’s Bow/shot, whatever its actual name is, because it armor tears and stacks a bunch of magic, to the point that you just tear each enemy then cycle back through. Usually kills the fourth guy, which you can optimally choose based on the enemy team, and is safe if you just keep any hero up front with barrier on browns. You just gotta watch for burns or skull spam at that point. Otherwise, I have the gray king, the journey troop, and umberwolf for the purple storm every turn. Just opt for green and purple and take it slow and steady. That’s how I got past the 20k, if only because I had to buy 3 tier seven potions to get the sigils for it. Maybe two would have worked for it if I waited the week out…

1 Like

Is the magic stat just to give false hope?

Or has anyone been awarded it in a battle this week?

I mean… infinity plus 2 would NEVER… mislead it’s cost tumors (that’s how they see players who played for years and stopped spending money) into thinking something is possible when it isn’t.

1 Like

I found it once.

3 Likes

Awesome, then it’s not an equal and fair pattern for everyone. But instead RNG based. Shocker.

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty shocked that there is such a wild difference in stats collected since our miles travelled aren’t that far apart.

1 Like