Event Journey

Similar here; 5550 miles, found a bunch of the other stats boosts, but only one magic boost so far: +20 +36 +18 +2.

(I have been always picking the battle with the stat boost, even if it’s fewer miles than the other battle(s).)

A journey gets somewhere. You set out for a place. Its a goal within reasonable range. This is not a journey even as a game. Its shameful rubbish and needs to be called out.

3 Likes

Sometimes the stat boosts are offered for the battle with lesser mileage which players may opt against despite the longer term potential benefits. But 2 magic ain’t gonna do that much lol. Getting a score above (mileage - 10) × 3) is rare due to many reasons (respawn, status resistance, turbo cleanse etc) except at lower difficulty. To complete the event I will need to win a couple more 800+ fights. Tricksters shot aint bad but i would have it P2 behind eg Bone golem with vanya for summon plus the guide. I tried L&D for a good while but it just takes a long long time and 1000 health can go in one skull cascade.

I have always taken the highest miles fight offered. Here are my miles traveled (misspelled in game, as seen in photo), enemy level, and my boosts:

Not sure where I picked up the +2 Magic, but again, I’ve always taken the highest Miles fight offered, so it must have been from one of them. I purchased Tiers 1-6 in shop.

As for the difficulty, I haven’t lost a fight yet. And I would expect high difficulty, because the rewards are way better than normal events – Deeds, Books and Imperial Deeds.

[1252,6789,6428,7176,3046,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,14011]

3 Likes

Xathenos! 1st time seeing that troop in a squad.

I use Xathenos with Gray King a lot, especially with Deathknight hero. The magic gain is incredible, and if I lose my hero or gray king, I can summon more troops with Xathenos.

Kill me, please.
Going for 20k miles is seriously depressing.

5 Likes

@dank-o Best luck mate. I did it myself.

I would have paid just to see the Dev coding this streaming it reaching 20K.

2 Likes

If just going for 20k miles achievement, you can buy an extra tier 7 and take the lower paths. Takes more battles but enemy level ends up around 550-600, taking the more miles path enemies get up to 750-800.

Also if you are scouting the enemy and you face a team with synergy or a very scary unit, you can restart the game and it will reroll the enemy team.

1 Like

4 hours spent so far this morning… and only gained about 4k miles. Still 4k to go.

That’s half a working day for “most” adults for just 1/5th of the whole journey.
Sure, someone might be able to do it faster, I’m not spending 100% of the entire 4 hours of time on the game with my eyes glued to the game only (plus… adhd brain keeps distracting me) but good grief.

This is a truly miserable experience. I’m feel absolutely freaking miserable & frustrated here.
I didn’t even touch the damn raid boss event yet. Never mind whatever else I actually had in mind to do, because I would be busy over the weekend and not able to spend much time then either. Why am I doing this to myself?

:frowning:

2 Likes

Wow, I assumed teams were set. Thanks for the tip. I’ve been doing decently well in this event but there was 1 skull team that was the bane of my existence.

@igniteice “Travelled” is spelt correctly, at least if ur in the UK. I used a similar team to yours (its quite safe and dependable) but it became too slow and i switched to Tricksyers shot around 12k. By the end they had about 850 life/armour and 400 attack so L & D P1 becomes risky and slow with ANY class inc elementalist. Troop choices are poor overall and the AI are often just a move away from causing serious damage. Leviathan at the end (20k+) springs to mind from a recent fight, and the odd lost fight and valraven escape becomes inevitable. Journey’s achievement is a war of attrition, with high cost tier 7 and a need therefore to be effective with sigils. Moreover it is an example of gaming which seeks no player enjoyment from its design. My advice; do it as soon as you can afford it with your best team for winning. Ignore mileage speed boost because you will be losing max mileage in most fights by half way. 1 or 2 tier 7 is plenty if you keep winning. A summoner is wise if only to act as a sponge producer for P1 and i used vanya for this role. This of course reduces options further because you cant use pathfinder as a tank cos u lose 3 x miles boost if he dies. So its tank, hero, damage/summon, pathfinder probably with elementalist class and 2 orpheus medals minimum. It will take a long long time for L&D/TGK to deal with the life stats faced and teams are usually resistant to this combo anyhow. Trickster shot is more effective than this pair combined and allows room for a tanky summon build. Finally, I doubt anyone below level 1000 should even attempt this unless they have a LOT of gems and a thrall like personality.

1 Like

Missing just 100 miles, gotta be careful with tomorrow’s sigils…

1 Like

I was there myself on Friday, terberos. Nerve-wracking if it’s the last day, otherwise you have to sink in 500 more gems.

Fortunately we had 3 people going for the Journey achievement in my guild, so it was done a few days ago. I’m just glad I have it done, and won’t be shelling out thousands of gems for the like again. Other than upgrading new cosmetic pets on release or trying to get first on leaderboard, I can’t think of a larger gem sink than this achievement.

I know that 2 tier 7 are 1000 gems, how much did it cost for the other tiers?

Never again will I walk 20,000 miles :joy:

3 Likes

I like the rewards in the event, but can’t help but wonder if giving us a 3rd book would actually be more fair.

An example, 2 purple books needed for me to up Ghulvania, 2 books gained from event = net zero. A third book would make it a net positive from completing the event. @Kafka is this something that could be asked of the team for future journeys?

I decided when Ghulvania had the chance of being upped with 2 purple books from 15 to 16 that those books were far better spent on magic kingdoms like Darkstone and Blighted Lands, as it’s absolutely pointless to level Ghulvania ahead of them for 1 life. With the scarcity of books, using them on magic kingdoms first would probably be better, albeit for 1 magic.

An extra book in an infrequent event would no doubt be better received by the playerbase, in light of the issues raised in this thread perhaps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes