End Game PvP worst state ever?

On the flip side though, do you really want PvP to be a joke with EVERY team you face being super easy? That would be boring as **** and would affect the economy to a degree = they would undoubtedly reduce the gold and glory we currently get per match. It’s PVP guys. It’s supposed to be tough. Like multiplayer is in every game.

Currently we have a mix of people being “nice” and people putting up the best defense they can. Keeps it interesting imo. Like I said earlier, more Moa-like events would be the best solution and the devs have already said they want to do more of them in the future so I’m looking forward to that.

2 Likes

I think every team in my “team roster” would be a more fun PvP experience and many of them are not easy by any means as I’d expect most people like myself have 6 GW defence teams and 6 GW attack teams - these should not be cake walk to beat teams :thinking:

These “nice” people you mention are very very few and far between on PS4 in my experience my 3 ranked PvP match ups are almost always one of 3 teams. I will always fight any ‘4th’ team that I see that is different from the usual and it is very rare in my experience

That would require removing the incentive for winning at all, then people wouldn’t try, and you’d just bash your face against a bunch of single troop level one teams until you got to the one person trying to troll you that will win effortlessly because your defenses are down.

HAH! No, no. That’s exactly what everyone would do. Most would have everything but one group set to defense team and the last spot would be their invasion team which gets changed as needed.

The point is, if it’s so easy to fix this problem, then why hasn’t it been done yet? Sure, there are lots of suggestions, but most of them are absolutely garbage and either easily argued against or have had devs respond on why it’s not possible.

The reason they don’t respond to more ideas to tell people that they can’t or that the idea is full of holes is because that takes away from development time. Would you rather have them doing dev things, or would you rather have them tell every John, Mark, and Nancy with no game balance or development experience that their ideas won’t work?

I’ll go for having the devs actually work on the game as they have been, thanks.

^This is why I quit. The Justice League was winning everything way too easily, and nothing was a challenge, so it literally didn’t matter what my enemies were. Even now you can win most matches without giving the enemy a turn at endgame. That’s just… not fun.

Yeah that’s easy to do, but how many people really care about a person that they will likely never speak to or interact with in any way having fun? No, most people just want rewards, and so long as there are rewards for defense victories, which there should be, more people will tryhard their teams than just let their teams be fun or creative.

1 Like

You can’t set all but one group as the same team if you’re part of the end-gamers that focus on Guild Wars. Need a mandatory set of 6 teams of 4 unique troops, and most don’t even work outside of the day they’re set for.

This is why my idea is:

• Remove defense team from ranked PvP consideration.
  • Add new event conditions that provide PvP ranking incentives for having a defense team that meets certain criteria.

I admit it’s really hard to balance such that we still have “challenging PvP”. But I think it’s worth incentivizing people to change their defense teams weekly. That may mean re-incorporating wins so people don’t just make a “trash team that meets the criteria”. It will also probably mean some weeks the “ideal” PvP defense team ends up being a cheesy one again. That’s fine for one week every now and then! It’s not fine when it’s every week.

I’m willing to step back from making defense wins/losses if and only if we acknowledge, “There is no incentive to run a non-grief team” as a problem that should be addressed. I can think of some solutions to that without changing how PvP ranking works, but they’re even more complex and open new avenues for griefing that’d take even more work to handle.

1 Like

I want the old bone dragon version back!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes