Duskbringer parts

I meant the game being a thing but good job twisting that to fit your narrative.

Did I say that was what I would do? if you read my full statement I said not all players would that. Again, a nice twisting of what I actually said. My point remains, taking away the carrots from a player, means players are less likely to keep up the chase. Do I personally like the chase? No, I’m a min/maxer like many here and will always try to complete everything I can. But to assume the game is obligated to let me have everything for free in a reasonable time frame, you now have to define reasonable. Goodluck with that. it’s a F2P game, we are fortunate it’s not as bad as many others in my oh so humble opinion.

It was literally stated by the devs a few days ago. You can disagree with this as much as you want. But this is as much a quality debate as RNG in gems is. You can say it’s an easy fix all you want, and who knows maybe it is, but in the end it’s your subjective assumption. You can fault me for taking the devs at their word in this case(I don’t in every single case), but the point is we both agree the fix should occur. So yay for common ground.

Is that what I said or meant? lol, I just love how people put words in my mouth today. First of all, I never said I didn’t care about anyone other than myself. I was specifically referencing extreme end gamers and as someone who manages a guild full of them, I care about them a lot. I don’t have sympathy for the extreme end gamer plight and I’m also speaking as one myself. Let me be more clear, i’m speaking specifically to the endgamer hoards. Should I feel sorry for someone who couldn’t get the latest mythic in the campaign because they chose not to spend money but has all the troops in the game and enough diamonds to craft a team worth of mythics at once? No, I don’t feel sorry for that player, anymore than they should feel sorry me a F2P who freeloads. Do i feel bad that the game hasn’t gone in a direction those players or myself would have wanted? Yes, of course yes.

I help endgamers and beginners alike in my network and I’d be a complete dingleberry of helper if I felt 0 empathy for how a player feels about the game. I don’t judge them for feeling a certain way and only look to give them a different perspective when viewing long term goals. I did an entire post on this subject of FOMO but long story short, it took me a lot of effort and time to get my account where it is, and from all accounts, that length hasn’t changed for the meaningful things in the game(good troops/good weapons/boss troops).

Was I asking for one? I’m F2P. Not only do I NOT expect a special exception, by all indications, gems seems to be ignoring our group with every update. I just don’t believe it’s harming me or a beginner in terms of progress. As soon as something gets perma paywalled I’ll be the first one to raise a pitch fork! Let’s not talk about those P2W weapons though lol

Everyone should have their own goalposts to begin with. As I’ve always said, gems is a game that can’t be won, only played. Everyone should set their own short term and long term goals and set a path to hit them. Going by the games goalposts is going to have you missing short forever.

I completely respect that opinion, and respect any player who feels the way you do. I apologize to anyone if I implied that feeling a certain way about gems is their fault or that it’s a bad thing to feel that way. If a player hates gems, hates the updates, and feels their time in the game isn’t worth it, reducing that playtime is def a healthy thing, because it’s not worth stressing over. The game isn’t going anywhere. Taking breaks is healthy. I’ve done it and I’ve been better for it. I’m not telling anyone how to play gems. Just because I play it very actively and probably will till it’s dying days, I understand my perspective and experience is my own.

ummm this thread was about duskbringer right? :joy: So yeah, it will probably take players about a year to get all the parts for the weapon. That 100% sucks, and I completely agree with anyone who also thinks that sucks! Those weapons should have been craftable just like dawnbringer weapon parts. #agreetoagree

The most funny part is that I probably would not had used it much if I had it. So on the paper it is not a huge loss for me. But I think the thing I gotta work with @ButtStallion is to remind myself of that that there is a new time now and eventho I was used to get everything fairly easily and fast in the past, it is still fine to not do so anymore - most of the stuff I can survive without. Thanks for your input tho.

1 Like

In the Naughty&Nice Troop balance thread Salty mentioned that it was more difficult.