Does anyone find arena enjoyable?

Thanks! That explains a lot. Thanks again for clarifying the missing Glory weapon selection as well.

Traited arena opponents suck :frowning:

1 Like

Hello, I’ll create a ticket for this if I understand it correctly. I thought if you had the 3 troops selected in arena that you owned that you could buy them for a few gems (1-3) at the end. I just finished a run with Giant Spider so I thought great I can get another copy. I had all (2) at 15 and (1) at 20. Yet the “Troop Offer” states 137 Gems. Is this a bug or did a update do away with reasonable cost troop purchasing, or is this not how it works althogher?

Thanks.

Sounds like it is working properly. The gem cost is based upon the number of souls needed to level the 3 cards to 15.

You don’t need to already own the cards, and you don’t need to have them leveled at all. (That makes them significantly more expensive though!)

You do need to win ~5 or 6 matches in arena in order to have the chance to purchase those for gems.

In an older patch, the minimum cost for the troops was 1 gem. So if you already owned all troops at level 15, you could purchase them for 1 gem. This was rather exploitable, so the minimum was raised a bit.

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, Let me see if I understand this.

The old minimum to buy all three troops after a win in Arena, (if you had them fully leveled) was 1 gem.
Now the minimum to buy all three after an Arena win is 137 gems.

Assuming they are all 15+ in your Troop tab. I’d say 137 is more than a bit of a raiseâ˜ș

I’m still hoping the arena values go back up with the next release to match the pc. This was a great way for lower level people to get some easy bonuses until they get stronger troops. Even now I still run the arena just for something different but still hope for the better rewards.

Next console update will match arena awards to 1.0.9. It will also add the “gradually increasing difficulty” system already in place on the PC/mobile side.

It’s not as simple as “minimum is now 137 gems.” I believe the lowest it can go is now 50
 137 sounds more like the price when 2 of those cards are level 15 and one is still at level 10. But all of this is based on some internal value calculations - I can’t simply open a file and check the base values. But in my personal games, that 137 figure sounds pretty much right on.

1 Like

Again great to hear. Looking forward to 2.05

How much harder does Arena have to get for us Console players? You already took away the Combo Breaker, making every Arena run a complete crapshoot if we can even get the 7-8 wins to clear the Task(s).

The PC side has it on Easy Mode, go make their lives more difficult :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hate losing in the 2nd round. and it’s just going to get harder? hurrumph. I play arena to stay away from having to do PvP.

1 Like

Umm

Lance Knight Level 20, 3 Traits
Giant Spider Level 15, 3 Traits
Summoner Level 15, 1 Trait

I TRIPLE CHECKED the stats before the first game, because I wanted another copy of the Spider
 but at 137 Gems?.. Pass.

Anyhow
 don’t worry about it if there is an update, but please reconsider the buyout at the end. Even this theoretical base of 50 gems seems high.

One trick to making arena enjoyable: if you end up with a rotten team, quit and start over.

When 1,000 gold was a LOT to me, I’d take the team as far as I could. Now that I don’t sweat the entry fee, I’d rather enjoy the games.

I finally have a couple of weapons from mastery benchmarks that are stupid OP with the magic bonus, so I’ve been playing arena a lot over the past week or so. Definitely less stress than the PVP matches that pit me against players with 2-3 times my level.

Having played arena on the pc I can say it is similar to the PvP. Early matches are against weaker teams and the combo breaker is on, but the more you win, you will find the opponents do get stronger and the combo breaker gets turned off.

That said, unless my draft picks are absolute garbage, it’s not hard winning 8 out of 9 matches. While PvP still has better returns, arena is far easier and safer if you do want a decent and guaranteed return (especially since I have Dragon armor now.)

wait
 8 out of 9?! headdesk

Arena matches require 8 wins to complete them but allow you 1 loss as well. So it will end after 8 wins or 2 losses. Hence 8 wins out of 9 matches (1 potential loss).

1 Like

Lance Knight at level 20 is raising the price. This was a glitch PC/Mobile had when the new level cap kicked in where over leveling troops was equally as expense raising as under leveling.

Currently, on PC/Mobile the lowest the price can go is 20 Gems. If it’s any higher on Consoles it is likely from an older build when they were messing with the prices more. (1 Gem, initially raised to 10 Gems, etc.)

Zelfore,
THANK YOU! For pointing out what is going on.

I’ve noticed this a number of times in post Arena rewards
 crazy high prices even when my troops are leveled. I just reposted this question because I really wanted another Giant Spider.

So to avoid the bug I must have all 3 troops at exactly level 15, not 1 point over, or under.

For the record 20 gems sounds fair.

sorry, i keep forgetting about that math thang:D never mind me.