Does anyone find arena enjoyable?

it is man before we got use whatever… it was nice to be able to pick a color that meshed with my draft now sometimes im just stuff with sumthin crappy.

Liked it for a week or so, then never played it much. But sometimes I do.

I think the missing piece of the equation is time/match. PvP matches tend to go much quicker than Arena matches, so you can squeeze out about as many souls in the same amount of time even if the per match breakdown isn’t as favorable.

the arena allows to use different card choices while still getting good resources, not counting on using a valk to increase the souls u get per cast as well as the bonus 50% at the end. if using a valk then yes you can/could very well then at 90 souls max per game on normal i think it is thats 12.5 games so 13 games for same souls if u get 90 every time. and if your using cards that max your soul gain, if your not using valk then your talking about several to a whole lot more games. Unless i’m overlooking something.

1 Like

Console players choose from a list of 3 random epic/legendary weapons. It’s not limited to weapons you own.

It makes arena MUCH more viable for low-level players, and keeps it even for all levels. Otherwise high level players (with all the weapon options) dominate arena matches.

can you buy the troops and weapon at the end?

Troops yes, weapon no. (You still earn weapons normally through weekly events & gem mastery)

well that makes more sense and not as bad.

I enjoy the Arena because (up until the 1.085 update for consoles) it’s an even field. I have since used knowledge gained here to trait troops that i commonly pick in Arena. So, back to even again, without 4 fully traited, max leveled, Rockworms, or the common Skull bashing, board clearing, Legendaries found in PvP.

Troops Yes, but you will need to play for a week or two to save up the gems just to buy 3 poor to average troops. I can’t imagine anyone buying troops from the Arena.

I just finished an arena and was offered Lance Knight, Ancient Horror, Nymph for 259 gems. I have all three leveled way beyond level 10 so…?

Thanks for responding about EARNING the weekly weapon. I can’t seem to find a way to buy the weekly weapon like before the update with Glory.

Thanks

Gem costs are now related to the souls necessary to get troops to level 15, not 10.

Buying troops after Arena only makes sense in a couple of cases:

1. If you pull a UR troop you are missing, or really need more of to ascend.
  2. If you have all of them at level 15+ already, and want to speed up your ascension.

For most players, it does NOT make sense to buy your arena troops. They are priced to appeal to a very narrow set of players, and to be clearly overpriced to most players.

In terms of weapons, that’s largely a shift in cadence. PC had a year of alternating troops/weapons, and then shifted to troops-only. We’re trying to fast-track that process, to shrink that lead over time. You won’t see Weapons for Glory for several months yet, while we get you a bunch of critical troop and kingdom releases.

it sucks not to be able to pick a weapon that suits a team… also the pc’s way makes gem spawners and transformers much more viable…

Why wouldn’t you pick a weapon and them that suit one another?

I love Arena for the random troop face-offs.

BUT it got screwy with the scythe (now mostly fixed) and isn’t really worth it for souls. More fun than farming with the Valk though.

I would hate it if I couldn’t pick my weapon though. Would make no sense, generators would be nearly pointless.

i mean with the pc/old way i could pick a hero weapon and fill some color gaps of my drafted troops. now sometimes I’m just stuck with sumthin horrible since well a lot of hero weapons suck…

Picking a hero weapon is just like picking a troop. Sometimes you get some synergy - sometimes not!

Being able to pick a specific color-generating weapon to compliment a team was super cool IF YOU HAD SUCH A WEAPON - but impossible if you didn’t. If you balance Arena around the assumption that players have every weapon, you’re balancing only for high-level players. And high-level players have a lot of options.

Arena is most important when you are low level - when you want to experience a lot of troop combinations, powers, and so forth. But since low-level players didn’t have the awesome weapons Arena was balanced around - arena ended up being for nobody.

On console, we are making a concerted effort to appeal to low-level players. So instead of keeping arena as second-tier choice for high-level players, we’ve made it a primary way to get experience with the game mechanics.

don’t people tend to get at least 1 weapon of every color pretty low… like 25ish or even lower?

Usually by level 11. But those early weapons are pretty weak compared to the 2-color legendary and epic weapons we give folks in arena.

and what if i get golem as my first pick and then my rare choice is unlucky enough to make me select between alc,gob sham and valk… the way the pc is i could take a weapon that would use that gem if the UR doesn’t… but this way i could just be stuck with a useless troop.

and yea you are right arena rewards are much better from a low level perspective before you are farmin with valk and getting over 1k gold per invade…

they are but some of the hero weapons you can gert in arena are weird and/or weak… hero in general is weak on console til we get him updated…