Discrepancy in "damage" determination

Ugh I wholesale agree with Lyya here.

The way the spells execute, it ought to be possible to generate the ability text. Then it would always say what it does, in what order it does. It would take some effort at this point, and things would have to be re-localized. But once done it’d work right for every troop forever.

Instead, a manual process is used. I’ll bet a lot of times, the text is localized before they finish tweaking the code, and they end up with a skill that does something slightly different than what they wrote. But the cost of re-localizing (in both time and money) can’t be paid, so they just stick with it.

It makes GoW feel like cartoons from when I was a kid. It’s hard to go 5 minutes without seeing a spot where you know the dev opinion is, “The players who pay money won’t stop paying if we don’t fix this, don’t bother.”

There isn’t even a clear design path to avoid releasing meaningless troops of high rarities or maybe even a design goal for future kingdom updates like releasing a troops that is already designed with a sense of purppose.

Honestly with each weekly release i’m more and more inclined to think that there are more than one design team, and with that said, there’s only one competent design team who knows/cares about this game.

Is this a feature request to review Spell terminology or a bug report?

if it is the former, the thread should be moved into the appropriate category.

Whether this is a feature request or a bug report depends on whether the issue in the OP is the intended behavior. If the intended behavior is inconsistent, then we are making a feature request that there be a consistency pass over the game’s traits and effects. If the OP shows something the coding team did not expect, then it demonstrates a bug that needs addressing.

This is currently working as intended.

We agree consistency is very important with wording however, there is a lot of text in the game in several languages so this is not something that can be fixed in a hot patch quickly, but rather something that will take some length of time to review.

2 Likes

…sorry but that’s the expected reply… and nothing will change… I agree there are likely bigger things for the devs’ budget to be spent on, but at least new stuff released could get this right?

2 Likes

Kafka, this discussion declined too far, but if you’ll check my first post, it’s not about terms - it’s about damaging mechanics.

Again, in every case that I seen before new orc armor was introduced, “Remove armor” effect treats as non-damaging. It doesn’t disturb barrier, it does not triggers “gain attack when I hit” effects, etc.

Orc armor, just opposite, triggers on “remove armor” effect just as on hit. And it looks wrong.

If it’s not overlook, but bad wording about orc armor (it’s totally possible to fix it with replacing “take damage” with something like “lose life or armor”, as I see), then yes, you are right, and it’s wording problem. Can you confirm that, please?

2 Likes