Didn't get extra turn after gem transformation into a 4-match

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Steam on Win Vista, in PvP:
I cast Alchemy making some yellow matches, at least one of them with 4 gems. The game stopped for a moment, as if there was a lag or glitch, then without clearing any matched gems switched to the opponent’s turn. He made a move (swapped gems), and only then the board was cleared, including matches made by my Alchemy - granting both mana and extra turn to the opp.
In fact I think that wasn’t the first time. I use transforming spells extensively and there was already a couple of times I was positive the spell guaranteed a 4+ match, but I didn’t get the extra turn. It was the first time I’m absolutely sure it wasn’t my mistake as I saw those 4 yellow gems in a row for a couple of seconds and the opponent obviously moved while they were on the board.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
I don’t really know. My only clue is that it may be somehow connected to the memory leak or the lags that occur when it happens. When I play GoW for some time (1-2 hours without closing the application) it starts using huge amount of memory (like 1.5GB compared to 100-200 MB normally) and at the same time starts lagging (randomly stops responding for a couple of seconds). This glitch before switching turns looked like one of those lags.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Sorry, but no. It took me by surprise :wink:

Sometimes i get an extra turn on 3 gem matches. About every 20 battles or so .

I have emailed the devs before about this. In addition to the usual “not sure whether I made a 4 match, but control passed anyway”, there was one time where the game started with me making a 5-match, but the AI got the next turn.

Unfortunately, without a video the devs don’t have much to go on. And I don’t know how to record on a non-jailbroken iOS device.

Hey,

Part of the reason we ask for videos, is so we can see the the game before, as and after the problem occurred. This gives us clues where the issue maybe in the code base and makes it easier to track down.

It’s still a thing in 2.0. I’m pretty sure it happens when there are some lags in the game (by the way I think they are less frequent now - congrats :slight_smile:), but still no video - sorry. The really ridiculous thing last two times was that after I cast Valkyrie’s spell the AI swapped two blue gems (both of them blue) to get that 4-match and extra turn…

I got this bug again today. For me the trend is Mab on the opposing team. This time it was a first turn mercy cast with a resulting for match that did not resolve an extra turn.