Design-a-Troop Competition! (WEEK TWO: Theme & Visual Style for the troop)

It’s time for our second round!!! Please let us know what kind of theme and visual style you are after. It’s time to get creative!

PS, please don’t suggest a submarine, it’s just a little to easy. We want something unique~!

Remember, the chosen kingdom is Blackhawk, and the troop type is mech/merfolk!

Link to the post where it starts.

What’s that? It’s time to (finally) start our Design a Troop competition?

GENERAL FORMAT

• The troop being designed will be an epic troop.
  • The competition will run for 4 weeks.
  • Each week players will spend 4 days suggesting ideas for 1-2 categories.
  • From these suggestions, the developers will choose their favourite 8 ideas.
  • For the next 3 days players will vote on these 8 ideas. The idea with the most votes will win and be included in the troop.
  • Each player with an idea in the 8 selected will get some points based on what position they finished.
  • At the end of 4 weeks we will have a troop!
  • We will then distribute rewards to the players with the highest finishing points values over the course of the competition.

CATEGORIES

WEEK ONE

• Day 1-4: Suggest a Kingdom & Troop Type for the troop (From existing kingdoms.)
  • Day 5-7: Vote on Kingdom & Troop Type for the troop (From existing troops types.)

WEEK 2

• Day 1-4: Suggest a Theme & Visual Style for the troop
  • Day 5-7: Vote on Theme & Visual Style for the troop

WEEK 3

• Day 1-4: Suggest a Spell & Colour for the troop
  • Day 5-7: Vote on Spell & Colour for the troop

WEEK 4

• Day 1-4: Suggest a Name & Traits for the troop
  • Day 5-7: Vote on Name & Traits for the troop

After this process, final balancing will be done by the developers.

SCORING:

• Each week, 8 suggestions will be chosen by the dev team & voted on by the players.
  • Players score the following points after voting has closed (from 1st to 8th): 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1.
  • We will keep a thread open & pinned showing the relative positions of the players.

PRIZES:
Top 10 players (at the end of 4 weeks) will receive a prize:

• 1st Place: A Mythic version of the new troop, fully traited & levelled. 1000 Gems.
  • 2nd - 4th Place: A Legendary version of the new troop, fully traited & levelled (to 19). 500 Gems
  • 5th - 10th Place: An Epic version of the new troop, fully traited & levelled (to 18). 250 Gems

So, without further ado…

Suggest a Kingdom and/or Troop Type! Go go go!

EDIT: Ooft, I forgot to include the EULA. I’m so sorry everyone! I’ve uploaded it as a separate blog post as it’s quite long. Please go and give it a detailed read (bonus points if you can read legalese) and make sure you’re aware of the terms and conditions. Design a Troop (Legal EULA) – Gems of War

This is the part that I think is very relevant for the majority of users here:

a) Entrant must, during the entire Contest Period, be a legal resident of the United States (excluding residents of Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, North Dakota, and Vermont), Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec) and Europe (residents of Europe are ineligible to the extent that their individual Country of residence prohibits entry into this Contest in any way) in order to qualify for any of the digital prizes.

I’m so sorry for all of you have already entered that aren’t in the catchment area. Please let me know who you are or amene your posts. You won’t be eligible for prizes, I’m in the process of finding out whether you can still enter and waive your right them in order to participate anyway. Please bear with me while I do some additional digging.

22 Likes

Pre-existing kingdoms and troop types!

Broken spire,Monster

1 Like

Silver glade, wargare.

3 Likes

Division Fields - Daemon Centaur

3 Likes

Silverglade, Elf - Daemon

There’s too much shiny happy elfiness going on in Silverglade, it needs a little evil for balance.

18 Likes

Suncrest, Dragon- Stryx

A match made in fantasy

Hit that like button…you know you want to see a bird dragon as much as I do!

2 Likes

Leonis Empire - Mystic

1 Like

Divinion Fields - Daemon/Divine

Like me a lil good n alot bad :hugs:

6 Likes

Suncrest- Undead, Styrx

Skeleton Bird. So many possibilities

2 Likes

Whitehelm - Divine/Daemon

A divine who was the product of a forbidden love. A hybrid of death and glory.

8 Likes

Suncrest - Stryx / Centaur

Holy cannoli, a Pegasus man, this has to happen! There aren’t many centaur troops or Stryx troops, so this would just be fun to bring on!

5 Likes

Forest of Thorns - Beast/Construct - just a bit of a bleedin’ rose are ya?

2 Likes

Suncrest - Stryx / Naga

Okay, so we are all somewhat familiar with the story of Quetzalcoatl, and an epic tier troop that married Stryx and naga would be an awesome “demigod”-type offspring or descendant of this old god, wandering the Stryx city even today. :slight_smile: Also, we don’t have many naga, so I love the idea of bringing more diversity into the game via this new troop.

1 Like

Khetar: Undead/Dwarf

Do dwarfs keep their Fortitude in the great beyond? Do they gain Undying? Find out next week(s)!

12 Likes

Whitehelm: Divine/Daemon

A demon who is reformed it’s ways and is trying to redeem itself. A “Risen Daemon” as opposed to the much more common, “Fallen Angel” archtype.

2 Likes

(Cause this is just mean^^^^)

Troop needs to be from Glacial Peaks

• Undead/Beast (doesn’t exist yet)
5 Likes

Grosh-Nak

A mystic/beast. Intrigued where this might go. Me too! Come down the rabbit hole with me…

Urska-Mech, from Adana.

4 Likes

Drifting Sands
Elemental / Mech

2 Likes