Daily Tasks and you!

@ONOPALAVER
Why don’t you just do them and see what’s up tomorrow? The first task will reset regardless of completion, the other three will stay until completed or skipped.

(I’m not trying to attack you personally, or at all)
The time you spend in the forums to complain about the uselessness of the rewards on your given tasks could’ve probable granted you a fresh set of new tasks by now, if you just would’ve done them.
But to skip one each day to be presented with a different task that maybe yields 2000 gold is probably not your cup of tea either.
As a console player at around level 1200, I’ll advice everyone to just do them and check back tomorrow, regardless of rewards. You will accumulate around 100-150 gems per week when doing them daily.

And to make it a little easier for all of you, if you have a task to use 3x of anything, put an Infernus or Dragon Soul in your team followed by the 3x of whatever troop task you’ve been given. DF, first challenge, 10 minutes done.

5 Likes

because those rewards are insignificant also to new players. invested time in this is just lose time
is not for me, those rewards I don’t have before and I don’t think they could increase myinventory too much.

tell a new player to make 8 battles with this type of troops for 100 souls, and forget to make kingdoms quests or something more important

You’re right, but only the specific set of tasks you’ve been given.
In the grand scheme you’ll profit from them.

4x7 tasks is 28 per week, and I’ll “promise” that half them yield gems that you would’ve missed if you’re not doing the ones that give useless resources. Not counting the ones that can’t be completed, but they are always in slot one.

yeah I saw gems in all my guildmates tasks so…
I´m again the unluckiest

:thinking::unamused::disappointed_relieved::sweat_smile::joy:

I’ve spent the equivalent of 5000 gems to not get an Ubastet. That’s unlucky. :wink:

Any of the use 3x troop tasks are easy. I just throw a Bombot in with a +2 brown banner and don’t block the Bombots color.

About 50 maybe 60 pet rescues with only 1 pet as reward , that is also unlucky.

About 120 gnomes killed last vault, maybe close to 150 and only 1 vault key :sweat_smile:
Sometimes I feel the game jokes me, but maybe is this what it made me still here.

I´m crazy at hell right now so …:exploding_head::sweat_smile::upside_down_face:

Not when all you are offered are gold, map, and souls rewards. I’ve had two consecutive days with no Gem rewards, and the other rewards offered are almost universally things I either don’t need or can accumulate much faster in other ways.

However, I did get one 20 Glory reward and that one was probably comparable in speed to doing four 3-trophy PVP matches, so that was actually a nice reward to get. Kudos for including that as a reward!

I do think there should be some form of scaling to make the rewards more attractive to endgame players. Offering me 2000 gold for doing 8 battles when I can do one PVP battle and earn 3500+ gold in a fraction of the time is literally just asking me to play a lot slower for less rewards. Increase the value of the task to 7500 gold and it at least starts to feel worth doing.

I’m not asking for the ability to reroll more than one task per day - I understand why this is a limited feature. I just want these to be something I look forward to as an alternative way to play.

2 Likes

Finally, I do mines :disappointed_relieved:

I hope and guess something better :crossed_fingers:

:sweat_smile::laughing::neutral_face:

1 Like

Thanks. That’s what I was missing. Yeah that’s crappy. However, in the grand scheme having a single daily task that can’t be completed but will reset automatically at the end of the day pop up every so often is hardly a massive issue and should be more than acceptable considering there are still 3 other tasks available to get free stuff.

The “I must be able to complete everything” mentality really hangs up a lot of people (myself included at times). We need need to stop expecting every single thing in the game has to be useful and relevant to every player.

Over the last few updates I’ve come to terms that the sole purpose of all of the new modes & content is designed to force players to decide what’s most important to THEM to complete and what needs to be passed on. Tasks are completely extra. You’re not losing anything that you had before by not doing them and have nothing but gains if you do them (albeit the cost of time you could be accomplishing something else so again it comes down to choosing what to complete & what not to).

And for every one of us that can’t complete this type of task there are dozens who can and would be greatful for the super easy reward. So I feel we can suck it up on 1 of 4 tasks 1 or 2 times per week.

3 Likes

I’m loving these tasks. 20 gems is a really nice reward and it will come in handy if I ever have to start buying the weapons from the raid/invasion shop.

It’s funny to read all of these responses, as a Console player. All I can say is: “Welcome to the crap we have been dealing with for quite some time.” Lol. I just hope, now, that the Precious* PC/Mobile players have Daily Tasks, maybe the Devs will actually fix some of this garbage.

*For the record, I said “precious”, not as a way to belittle you PC/Mobile players, but to point out how little the Console platform is respected. Honestly, I know we’re second class citizens around here. That’s apparent to anyone thats played on Xbox or PS4 for more than a month. But, now, with something coming from Console to the rest of you, I’m just hoping that Daily Tasks will actually be looked into and made better, instead of given the “good enough”/“close enough” approach, like most things, on Console.

2 Likes

One minor nitpick - I would change that to Precious* Mobile players. PC players have been told repeatedly that we are a very small segment of the playerbase. Mobile is obviously the target market.

2 Likes

In general, that’s fair, but even PC players get codes and can play on Mobile. We can’t even play with the other Console, let alone you guys or Mobile. But, yeah, things could be better for you guys too.

It’s probably more like this:

1. Mobile Players
  2. PC Players
  3. Console Players

But, overall, I would still say PC players have it much better than us.

1 Like

“PC has it much better”, not true. In the past they defiantly directed their attention with content and updates to PC big time. Now things are almost equal. Yes Sony forbid free stuff on PSN so the Devs will not reactivate redeem codes on Xbox.

PC Positives: can play with mobile (MUCH bigger userbase), has redeem codes, can collect tribute on the phone when away.
PC Negatives : Cheating, hacking, trainers, etc. (I don’t think there has been a single major incident on either console). If you like competition console is about as level of playing field as there is.

1 Like

Okay, I think you all are spinning this way out of control. My point was: now that some stuff (in this case, Daily Tasks) are out for everyone and not just console, it might actually get the re-work/re-balancing it deserves.

I don’t want to play the “who has it worse” game. Even in my original comment, I said my point wasn’t a cut on any players, it was a critic on how the game, itself, is designed. I have no “beef” with any of you guys.

Yeah, I prefer not to have the defeatist attitude.

The level a troop or trait a troop task being impossible to clear at the top end has been an issue for a long time on console and that’s why I brought it up in here to a developer while it was possible to get his attention.

I’d like you to know that rerolling a task is brand new to Console. Despite daily tasks being a thing since the beginning of time on console, we only now just got the chance to reroll. Its definitely a step in the right direction, however the daily task system can still be improved upon.

I’m not asking for a full removal of those 2 tasks, I’m merely asking for a change to when the situation becomes impossible from the top end. I’d love to think these developers are good at their job and are capable of coming up with a solution that can leave the task for players that still qualify and adjust it for others that can no longer approach it.

They could easily remedy this situation by adding in a limited per day self-refund of troop level/traits or just not have it show up for some players.

2 Likes

For me, I’m satisfied with the situation as it is. We have the choice to leave troops unlevelled and untraited. If you have the means and choose to level and trait all your troops, these tasks are restricted to slot 1 which guarantees that you will, at worst, get a new task the next day. The reward for the “level a troop” tasks is souls, which (Dawnbringer aside) you really don’t need if you already have all your troops levelled. And now that they have given us the option to re-roll any task once a day, if you get one of these and want to try your luck with something else, just re-roll slot 1. Worst case, you get the other one and wait until tomorrow for a new task.

I haven’t had this one since 3.5, but prior to that, if you want to quickly burn-off the 5 maps task, you could enter a map, retreat, repeat 4 times and collect 40 glory. Takes about 30 seconds. Hopefully that still works.

5 Likes

I hate that they group console players together… as if we are somehow connected. We have a different player pools and play on separate servers… should be
-Mobile
-Pc
-Xbox1
-PS4

1 Like

Agreed. Though, to be fair, PC and Mobile do play together and share some things, like redeem codes. Consoles are very separate though. Outside of Xbox and PS4 being called a “Console” and (until the new update), only Console had Daily Tasks, we have nothing else in common. Separate Guilds, players, save data, etc.