Daily Tasks and you!

Please don’t give out all the secrets too quick or else they will get fixed.

Also almost always I do daily’s with three of whatever and dawnbringer. half hour most days is all it takes. if that. do on easy explore too.

I don’t see what all the fuss is about.

3 Likes

Nope. PC/Mobile should stay as it is. Many players play their account on both their PC and the their mobile. There’s no reason to change that convenience.

3 Likes

Yup. I actually had 2 tasks that I could complete together - 3 unique monsters & 3 unique from dame kingdom. 1 team to finish both at the same time!

It’s not a defeatist attitude. The majority of “complaints” are based on something not being useful to a specific player or something directly conflicting with their play style. The player base is so large & diverse there’s no way that any change or addition will be 1) liked by everyone 2) useful to everyone.

2 Likes

In this particular case, when the complaint is that “I can’t do the trait a troop task because I already have every troop fully traited”, it’s the very definition of a 1st Krystara problem. (To be clear, I have every troop and class fully traited. I used to leave a few troops untraited for when this task would come up, but stopped bothering months ago. If I happen to get the task on a Monday, it is a happy coincidence but otherwise I don’t sweat it.)

Some time ago, there was a legitimate problem when this task could appear in any of the 4 slots and none of them would automatically clear. Some people were getting genuinely stuck for days with no way to clear this task (and some were even getting the same task in multiple slots). Restricting it to slot 1 and automatically refreshing slot 1 daily was all the remedy that was ever needed. Still is. Now that we can manually refresh any task we want to once a day, so much the better.

If the devs want to go further and run a check to see if we already have all of our troops at maximum level and fully traited before assigning daily tasks, I can’t stop them. But that doesn’t sound like a quick and easy process. Actually, it sounds like exactly the kind of thing that is likely to introduce some negative unintended consequence that we’ll all have to live with for goodness knows how long before it too is fixed.

4 Likes

Ok so PvP is more profitable. You realize the complete x battles will be incremented by PvP wins. So the way I see i. 3500x8 and upon completion I get a 2k bonus. Win-win to me

Sure, if you can form the required team and win 8 matches as efficiently as you can win the 8 matches with your standard PVP team(s). It’s possible for some color, race, or kingdom tasks it could be doable, but I think a lot of us use Explore for those 8 matches because we can knock them out so fast.

If it doesn’t change your efficiency then yes you’re absolutely correct. It affects mine. I can do 9 battles with my regular PVP team faster than 8 battles with a less efficient team.

That is a very valid point and I forgot about the must have 3 of x type of troop tasks. I’m still under 100, so my complete battle missions don’t have that additional component.

1 Like

I agree strongly with your post, all the more so because a new “Class Event” (?) happens tomorrow. If that doesn’t break the camel’s back, so to speak, the next new “event” will. Or the one after that… other than that guy who plays 16 hours/day, eventually no one will be able to do everything!

That said, I wonder about the sentence I quoted above. Are we really not losing anything? With all the hand-wringing the devs do about the “game economy” I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find that they’re fiddling with drop rates so that what they give in the Daily Tasks gets taken away by, for example, lower Gnome appearance rates during a Gnome Event (that example comes to mind because last weekend’s “Gnome Event” for all intents & purposes didn’t happen at all in my game…).

Have the devs made any noises about this stuff, one way or the other?

Can you give us infinite quests instead of daily ones? It would give us variation to our explore/pvp grinding after we have done everything.

Also can the quests requirements show in the troops menu? It’s kind of inconvenient to have to leave the troop page to check the dailies for a reminder of what troops are needed only to go back into the troops menu.

We’re currently reviewing the tasks system and taking on feedback to how people are finding it. A drastic change like that isn’t one to be made quickly or lightly. Thanks for the feedback though, every bit helps :slight_smile:

Also to update people on the getting daily tasks you can’t complete on the day, we’ve made change recently to hopefully stop those tasks from appearing in the first slot for people who can’t currently trait/ascend/level a troop of the troops they already own. So let me know if you see them after reset today (in the daily slot).

6 Likes

The “Make N 5-matches” tasks used to accept matches in Treasure maps but doesn’t any more. (Or at least the 100 5-matches doesn’t.) Is this an intentional change?

You could allow players to switch one task for a random one every day (The Elder Scrolls Legends does this).

[Edit: reading on, I see the devs already did this!]

Had to get creative, use an orb to ascend and then souls to level to 18. But I got the task done!

Hahaha joke’s on me. Reward: 1200 souls :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: