Daily Task Data

Everybody’s so hung up on that “abuse” term. Don’t think of this change as a reaction to abuse; think of it as a balance decision because the rewards were previously too easy to acquire by players who focus on racking up rewards via the daily task system to the exclusion of the rest of the game. Despite what @VegaDark541 claims, that’s a tiny minority of players, but we don’t want repetitive min-maxing via tasks to become “the way” to play Gems of War.

I guess I am part of that 1% then cuz I thought I was being smart by doing the aforementioned. I didn’t realize I was “abusing” the system :unamused:

3 Knights? Use Knight Coronet, Griffon Knight, Valkyrie, Wolf Knight.

You weren’t abusing the system. Hence my first sentence. It was a poor choice of phrase by one of our devs who should have described it as a balance change (like I did), but who instead chose the wrong word and unleashed a storm of confusion and panic.

This is why you keep seeing “abuse” in scare quotes with so many people wondering why other people are talking about it.

Earn 500 Souls is 10 Gems (use Valkyrie)

Earn 50 Trophies is 10 Gems

@nex

Text/Completion conflict on an A Task: Win 20 Invasions, 10 to complete

Speaking of text errors, can we get ALL of the tweaked Troops’ text accurately displayed?

@Nex I just want to say that the design of the new Task system is good. @Mr.Strange did a nice job adding some variety which was needed. Not having stuck Tasks is great!

However, the Rewards for tasks over level 150 need to be re-evaluated BIG TIME.

2 Likes

Well, today I had:

Contribute 50,000 gold to your guild, for 10 gems
Win 20 battles with 3 unique Adana troops, for 5 gems

I did those two earlier today, but I can’t remember the other two now because THEY ARE GONE! Not on the screen and just unavailable, not hidden by L/R buttons, just nowhere to be found. There’s a big empty space on the left side of my screen. I even started another game and then fired GOW back up and they’re still nowhere to be found. Anybody else have this issue?

Level a troop ro level 15 is 1000 souls now.

I’m adopting the pc approach toward tasks now.

1 Like

Level 15 always been 1000 soul and level 10 was 500 so no changes there

I wouldn’t mind these longer tasks if the rewards were better. But 5-10 gems for every task is way over the top.

I think if they had some glory and soul rewards the update would of been well received.

It was 1500 not 1000

4 Likes

Nah level 15 was 1500 souls.

I believe there was once a thread on here with all the old task data. Having trouble finding it

1 Like

So just for clarity’s sake, what’s the ‘right’ way to play Gems of War? I’m genuinely curious. I asked about clarity about the ‘abuse’ claim because I legitimately didn’t know if there was an exploit that people were utilizing to break the balance of the game. As for some of the responses to my original question, I personally see no problem with people properly planning within the context of the old tasks structure, and if anything, perhaps the issue/debate at hand is whether the rewards were too generous for particular tasks. However, with the ‘rebalancing’ of the task/rewards structure to push players towards playing the game a different way, the current setup will now create unintended consequences where the best/most time efficient way of earning traitstones and resources will be farming and playing treasure maps ad infinitum. Very few players are going to embrace the prospects of fighting 20 battles a day with willy nilly requirements for a few gems when they can just as easily make that and more with treasure maps. Or people will continue to PvP and amass gold and pour it into guild tasks that will collectively net them keys/souls/glory, while the current guild task setup remains the same. As it seems to me, the options with this update seem even more limiting than before, despite good intentions from the devs, and will have a longer lasting effect of separating the lower level/beginning players from those more experienced (due to the high level players accumulating and benefitting from the current guild task/reward structure) and possibly pushing away lower and mid level players entirely.

2 Likes

Just got a bug im playing against black beast and king gob and black beast is not devouring king he heal himself and spawn skull and get stronger he just did it twice

This is exactly the point that’s been lost in the semantic argument over what “abuse” might mean. It’s got nothing to do with players exploiting some weird bug in the game or the devs wanting people to play the game the “right” way, and everything to do with reworking a system that wasn’t working as we’d intended.

1 Like

What about the system wasn’t working correctly? The stated aim with the changes was to rebalance the game. Given the changes, how do you and the other devs want players to engage the game in a way that’s preferable/more balanced? You might say on one hand that it wasn’t about devs wanting players to play the ‘right’ way, but at the same time, these changes would indicate that you felt something was far enough amiss to warrant the changes.

Well at the least it was possible to have 3 impossible to do tasks often needing to wait at least a day for 1 to clear and up to a month or so for the other 2 to become possible.

Many, many things. Do a search for “tasks” and you’ll come up with dozens of threads on the topic.

There is no “more balanced” or “preferable” way for players to play the game. We create features, see how players “engage” with them, then make decisions based on what we observe.

1 Like