Council of Chiefs

Yeah but there’s nothing new in the shop.

This made me gigglesnort because it’s so accurate.

If this is indeed the new normal for the new events that are rolling out, I would expect to see a lot of guild event requirements fall by the wayside, the same way guilds accepted that the “new normal” included no longer earning LTs.

I would still like to see some kind of official statement confirming that the it is entirely by design that these events are intended to require an average investment of 1,350 Gems per player from all 30 members of a guild in order to complete.

9 Likes

Let’s see if the major chaos orb is still present in Reward 12 on Friday. Because, if that is the case, then these accelerated events are just applying the Tuesday complete-in-one-day delve logic now to what used to be a full-week event (although there will be 3 days to complete these shortened events).

I don’t dislike anything as of yet
But it would be nice to know how the scoring works

Delves are at least an easy source of gold and glory (I don’t need anything else from them), and thankfully the orb at the end is just a minor one. In fact, if I’m time constrained, it’s useful just to do the delves to get the vault key and stop there.

2 Likes

This new event is bad. I understand that with a 3match 2D game, there are limitations to creativity when it comes to a new game mode but still its disappointing.

Also the total of points needed to unlock all 12 stages must be bugged. It looks like all 30 members must buy tier 7 to unlock all. And what the hell are these crazy numbers to unlock the stages?? like 4649 for stage 6…6981 for stage 7…etc… For me its a clear indication that something is bugged here. Usually its always round numbers like 6000, 6200, 6500…

4 Likes

That would be nice, but that type of statement will never come.

The official line will likely be somewhere in the ballpark of “Participation in all weekly events by individuals or guilds are fully optional, as has always been the case with any weekly event in the past. No player is ever forced to purchase any shop tiers at any weekly event at any time. Discussions and decisions regarding whether individual guilds should invest to pursue higher reward tiers in weekly events are solely between members of those guilds alone.”

4 Likes

Actually i don’t mind restrictions. I’m fine with it.
I want way quicker start and no boring returns of low level fights.

And of course the scoring efforts must be same as before. Full Guild on T-7 for last reward/s of same quality is of no interest. Or last reward can trippled at least to be worth the efforts.

No there isn’t. I can come up with lots of different ideas.

• During a battle, new Orcs keep showing up (like a true horde) every time the enemy gets down to 1-2 troops left, and you have to keep going until they’re all defeated.
  • Enemy team will occasionally “convert” a troop of yours, like stealing an orc into another horde (TRAITOR!)
  • Enrage sometimes backfires and causes you to attack your own troops
  • You can only use each weapon once, but you get a new random one every time one breaks
  • Enemies sometimes gain double attack or armor from their abilities, or their enrage causes them to attack twice in a row

Scale all of these with the level you’re fighting on to make it more difficult.

3 Likes

Right, discussion on whether or not to complete the events is for each Guild to handle, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t approach it like the ET announcement and just call a spade a spade. They revealed the full cost of ETs up front despite knowing the response it would likely trigger.

If the per-player cost of completing an event is going to nearly triple, I think it would be reasonable for the players to be informed of that. Just to clear up the idea that scoring could be bugged/glitchy/etc because it’s taking so much more effort to rack up points.

4 Likes

This is what happens when reward tier thresholds are determined by a dynamic math formula. When the devs change the variables guiding each event (collectables, kill count, match-4s, etc.) the formula recalculates the reward tier thresholds for that event and allocates varying points to the individual reward tiers based on the result. Division calculations practically never end in round numbers.

3 Likes

I can only answer in ways that will anger the devs, anger the community, or anger everyone.

14 Likes

Council of Chiefs is very boring.
It doesn’t make sense, nothing new, the score is not clear and more resources are needed per week, not all of us have competitive guilds, personal rewards should be better than guild rewards.
More games does not mean more fun, this already requires many hours of play and you can not always do it.
Invasion, Tower of Doom, Raid Boss only needed a few tweaks to keep it fun.
The developers have run out of imagination. :-1:

3 Likes

So I just learned about the medal popup. What exactly is the point of THIS level of stupidity?

You try to start the event without the medal/s equipped. It points this out and asks if you want to equip it. BOTH options have REALLY DUMB RESULTS.

If you say “YES, I want to equip this newfangled obscene medal thing (that should just be a buff that we don’t have to interact with)”, it takes you to the medal screen for you to tweak one of your loadouts. From that point, I expected it to just go back to the map afterwards and make me click through a dozen screens again to get to where I was. It does not do that, which is good on the face of things but it is not consistent: we’ve gotta ask why this isn’t so easy to reach from EVERY TEAM SELECT AREA! Of course, its not even that “good” because we can’t actually take that shortcut again - when we go “y’know what I want the cleanse ones” and look for however we just went that much faster than normal, there’s no option and we have to go to the map!

(And of course we have to change our medals back to something useful to leave on defense, when we’re done with this. Or want to play any other part of the game.)

Then there’s the other button. The one that says “NO, I don’t want the medal for some reason (even though I just spent ALL the gems on it)”. I didn’t click that button, but I was told about the result. So yeah, that takes you straight into battle without letting you think again about those medals. Pretty nightmarish for a low-leveled player whose only chance was those medals, goddamn annoying for everyone else.

I say again: What exactly is the point of THIS level of stupidity?

10 Likes

This part I like, actually, except for agreeing it shouldn’t be a medal at all, but just a universal buff. But I often forget medal loadouts— a helping hand is appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks as always for your discerning perspective, even if it’s bad news, it sort of makes you review your future involvement in the game. Managing gems is going to be (it appears) much more difficult and 2 bad Mythics in a row destroyed my previous months of management!!

And that’s where decisions as gamers need to be made moving forward. People will not be able to afford the gem costs, choices need to be made.

My overriding choice has been to not ever Mythic a pet, never buy past T5 (now that will be T3, maybe 4) on new faction delve weekend, occasionally go T2 (but been doing it mostly at T4/5 recently) in bounty and never go past T4 in any other event, T2 weekly faction. That strategy costs me gold and hoard, makes it difficult with insufficient treasures, but saves gems and time. I will aim to complete all delves without potions, but that still has some ways to go.

This new format obviously has been reviewed by the developers and it follows that they want more gem expenditure, so bottom line every player unless swimming in gems or want to invest wads of cash, will have to make stark choices, as you explain.

At 22k gems pre last 2 Mythics, I could afford to make more gem expenditure on events. That’s now shrunk to sub 6k and it’s struggling to gain equilibrium from play time.

3 Likes

Just throwing a data point out there for reference.

This is what my game board looks like after Day 1 with a Tier 6 normal “full shop” purchase. No losses, no missed ravens.

Multiple event medals do appear to stack. I’ve done some ridiculous damage amounts on skull matches stacking event medals with Earth’s Fury/Mang. High-level dynamic difficulty modifiers causing those (in)famous skyfalling skull matches are hilarious to watch on the player’s side when they happen, as the other side just fall like bowling pins on 4x speed.

My Tier 4 purchase got me here:

Not pictured of course is the other fights, like Gar’Nok’s Hang and Sol’Zara’s Shamans and the Mythic one. Those are around level 100 for me, but of course the game gives you no way to view those unless they come up as a choice.

I wish, but no averaging around 4 skulls a match now I think.

I bought t6.

1 Like

This was discussed on the beta thread?

This was also discussed on the beta thread, on stream, and in the patch notes?

The devs couldn’t find a solution that they were happy with in the UI on mobile devices by the time the update had to be pushed out the door to be on schedule. Hence, the commitment by Salty to work on this for a future update.

That said, after playing with this on Live for a bit, I think similar to unique Event-only Team slots, there should be unique Event-only medal loadouts (now that multiple loadouts is a thing). It’s driving me up the wall every time I go into the event and then back out, that I forget that these event medals do nothing outside of the event and wonder why my team suddenly was so weak.

If there is a warning about not having event medals equipped when entering an event, why can’t there be a similar warning about going to non-event matches when useless event medals are equipped?

2 Likes