Council of Chiefs

@Sirrian has said numerous times before that he doesn’t want a pay to win game.
Each of these guild events are supposed to be designed that if each member purchases tier 4, doesn’t lose a match or a Valraven. Then their guild can get all the rewards.
If that’s no longer the case.
Then how many tiers on average is the World Event going to need to get all the rewards?
And when do we all get “B” in our name for clearly beta testing this for you?

7 Likes

@awryan I think someone on GM retreat figured it out and you will need to get everyone to buy up to tier 6 to get the rewards, my main problem is that it is as much fun as watching sap drip out of a tree into a bucket with repetitiveness

6 Likes

This is boring as hell
That is all.

10 Likes

Wonderful. If that’s the case. Then I look forward to telling my guilds not to waste their time and gems with it. Just play Explore instead where they are free from restrictions and using gems for mediocre rewards. :man_shrugging:

To clarify… Tier 6 should only be the base norm for guild leaderboards rewards. Similar to ToD. Requiring Tier 6 from various groups of activity is basically changing the rewards to from standard portals to “Epic portals”. If done on purpose then there should of been way more transparency about it. Instead of a generic cut and paste auto post.
I’m going to assume the best and figure this was more based on ignorance than anything else.

8 Likes

It’s not only boring but also with broken reward scroring.

Well, i hope for the best. Fast start, diversity in troops (and may be levels), same efforts/rewards as other events - can make it decent event. But the fixes are needed, that is for sure.

3 Likes

What is the purpose for non-transparent scoring?
I would very much like to know how many skulls I’ll gain before entering the fight and there is absolutely no reason (that I see) why any other approach should be valid.

In case of multiple identical rooms being on screen, they should all raise level after I beat one of them (just like we don’t unlock explore levels separately for every kingdom).
Right now there is level 70 Brawlmaster’s room and level 75 Brawlmaster’s available - doesn’t make a lot of sense. At one time there were three level 60 Sol’Zara’s rooms available; I left one of them untouched, played for a while and then there was level 100 Sol’Zara’s room along with level 60 Sol’Zara’s room…doesn’t make a lot of sense.

9 Likes

After how long are you getting level 60 opponents? I’ve not had anything above 30.

Should be at least 3 tokens.

It’s a joke that I basically won’t have 3 medals until the very end of the week when I won’t have time to play CoC because I’ll be busy grinding Invasions instead.

I did Tier 7 this week because I have the time to get through the ignorant scoring system and overloaded servers causing extreme load times.

1 Like

If this winds up being true, things are going to go atomic.

Tier 4 costs a total of 500 Gems. Tier 6 costs a total of 1350 Gems…nearly three times the cost.

My guess is to rely on RNG to increase impulse purchasing similar to how the Class event can leave you a single battle from finishing the rewards if you lose the coin toss on getting enough Valravens.

4 Likes

Is anyone seeing Common, Rare, or Ultra Rare options?

I’m not asking for them (I don’t want them if they’re of even less value than higher-rarity rooms. Again, an assumption, since we know very little), but I wonder if that’s “broken,” too?

#lessvarietythanintended?
#workingasintended

Maybe they did this way to avoid players from setting up a tie for the orb of power.

1 Like

Tell me about it… Steps to win every fight:

Step 1: Match skulls.
Step 4: Next battle.

2 Likes

Honestly…I would just like to see a clear statement from the Devs regarding what average tier purchase this was designed around.

1 Like

Win battle at level 80
Next battles, choice of one level 15 and two level 40, both of which are exactly the same.
:smirk:

3 Likes

I imagine this was done with really low level players in mind, so that they don’t reach a point where they can’t proceed because they’ve reached too high of a level with everything. You know, if only there was a way for a player to spend extra sigils to increase their stats to make it easier…

1 Like

Each enemy group (there’s 5) levels up each time you play it, in a way. You may get offered the same level twice in a row, but its cap increases each time. Mythic rarity is +15, legendary +10, Epic +5.

I hope they realize Version 1 of this event is a massive failure and revise it

6 Likes

Honestly…
Given how unsuccessful Class Trials are.
Who’s brilliant idea was to make a week long event that’s more restrictive than Class Trials and less options for battles? (Instead of 5 different battles, I think Council of Chiefs offers 4 different battles.)

Gems of War is regressing instead of progressing. The developers have lost so much touch with the game that they can’t see it. I’m too saddened by this realization to be angry over this new event. You’re killing something that was once great.

11 Likes

The World Event will soon be replacing Invasions, Boss Raids, and Towers Of Doom which will all be moved to 3 day weekend events and still be in the ‘guild events’ tab.

I think the plan is for it to look something like this:
Council of Chiefs + Invasion
Council of Chiefs + Boss Raid
Council of Chiefs + Towers of Doom
Guild Wars + Bounty

So we will also have double the guild event req’s to finish each week.
This is on top of the triple ammount of gold farming needed to complete the ‘epic’ tasks.
And this event apparently requires all 30 members to buy tier 6 for 1350 gems.
An ammount of gems that is unsustainable so many guilds won’t finish this event.

3 Likes

Bingo. You, sir, win the Internet for today.

Weekly events just got Epic Task’d.

I’ll give a better answer.

The current situation answers the question what players were going to spend gems on during weekly events once mythic’ing the weekly troop via Tier 6 (or Tier 4 + a minor ascension orb via those fortuitous enough to be in that situation) was no longer a thing in World Events. What the devs did was simply move the major ascension orb to require an average of a guild-wide Tier 6 purchase to obtain. AKA, the same change that happened to Legendary Tasks that pushed it out of the reach of ~98% of the playerbase probably forever. RIP to those who haven’t been able craft Zuul’Goth.

Even more fun, after playing the “final” version of this event, is that similar but even moreso than Raid Boss mode, scoring in this mode is VERY, VERY heavily backloaded onto the very high level fights. If players don’t buy in to the deep tiers of the shop, they will never reach the high scoring matches of the event (not even close). And now, the ENTIRE guild has to do this and play all the sigils for top reward tiers to even be a possibility.

And guess what’s going to happen next World Event, when Earth’s Fury and Mang are not going to be allowable weapons to somewhat trivialize the event?

They know exactly what they are doing, from their perspective on the matter. This is going “in” on weekly event monetization, while requiring players to hard invest in weekly shops, pets, deeds, and every other advancement system in the game to the max to scrounge up enough stat points to even be viable in an event.

Oh… and wasn’t it already said that there was going to be a full shop price Invasion event this weekend? Good times, ahead…

10 Likes