Council of Chiefs

Already filed two for highly suspect event behavior:

Based on the well established grounds that the difference between a bug and a feature is documentation, which seems to be distressingly absent here. Just who considered it a Good Idea™ to release a competitive event without any useful information how scoring works?

8 Likes

I kinda think collecting Orc skulls is, like, the second most Orc-ish thing you can do (the first is collecting Elf skulls).

Edit: @Magnusimus, I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a mere user to come in with all the answers before the devs do. On the beta server, maybe, we could have taken excess gems and thrown them into Tier VII until we had enough data points to make a decision. But we have been told that almost anything possible in the game could be used to score our matches. There is no way to winnow down the numerous possibilities ourselves without getting terribly lucky.

3 Likes

No specific numbers (not gem-rich enough to experiment)—but I noticed not every battle has a “boss”

Perhaps those playing battles without them included are earning fewer skulls?

Still no idea if the Sol’Zara boss is worth more or less than the Gar’Nok one—just have a hunch I shouldn’t even bother fighting a Brawlmaster unless I want to diminish the size of my skull pile :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Elf ears. Why would one want an elf skull?

1 Like

Because they smell less after a time, and are a handy holder for blood-wines :+1:

3 Likes

First you get the skulls. Once you get the skulls, then you get the Puddlings. Once you get the Puddling, then you get the Power. Krystara will be mine. For the Horde.

3 Likes

Only if you manage to keep your head.
*Points at ChunkyMono*
Anybody looking for extra points?

4 Likes

Do we keep our medal of chiefs after the week is over or do they reset each week and we should use them on a troop sunday after all sigils are used?

They’re converted into tokens/badges/medals of Seasons. The Medal of Seasons give +4 attack, +4 life and +armor.

3 Likes

They turn into medal of seasons at the end of the week

3 Likes

Thank you both for the response.

My skull is larger than most. It might even be worth 4. I think I’ll go into hiding until this event is over.

Edit: I have not logged in the game since GW ended, so have no first hand knowledge about the event. But in an effort to stay somewhat on-topic, it is possible that the reward tiers are bugged. I believe it was mentioned that Invasion initially had the reward levels ridiculously high, and then adjusted downwards.

And while the Tower of Doom guild rewards stop after defeating 700 Dooms, Guilds still fight far past that. I plan to wait an event or two before doing more than the minimum Weapon purchase. gl hf

1 Like

Okay, i’ve bought 6 ranks and made calculations.

So, buying 3 ranks you will get somewhat about 3100-3500 at the end of the week, buying 4 ranks will get you to about 4000 points (if you are lucky otherwise seems to be less).

So, a full guild with all members buying 4 ranks will get 100-120K points for a full week.
That is rank 10 to 11 rewards.

As far as i remember previous events required way less efforts. It could be okay ish if last reward be other that usual, but it is not.

So i do wait for 30-50% reducing of requirements to rewards hopefully.

1 Like

Wait a minute… why on earth is Token of Chiefs the reward for this event? It only lasts for this event? … o.O

Jesus christ…

Edit: the only way I would use Medal of Seasons over Medal of Nysha is if Medal of Seasons gave Magic.

Well, actually, I run a Zuul’goth team for explore, so maybe +12 Attack, Life, and Armor on all my troops WOULD be better than Nysha. Unfortunately, I want +12 Magic for my Defensive teams in PvP, and I can’t run both sets of medals…

13 Likes

Here’s how: Spend more Gems. Buy more sigils. Eventually you’ll have enough skulls! (Just in case it wasn’t detected in my reply: /s)

Yup. Random scoring mechanism is a great way to slide a higher average purchase requirement into the mix…and just think, ALL new events are going to have a degree of random!

Is your wallet ready?

(yes, the /s is strong with me today…)

6 Likes

This is just an early April fools joke right?

Average out? Are you kidding? I have seen multiple screenshots showing people with the same amount of battles, hundreds and a thousand plus more points than others…

Here with go with the rng streakiness nonsense again.

They clearly test NOTHING

You can’t make this stuff up…

3 Likes

Hard to play a strategy game, when you’re not privy to any details
All I understand for the new event, make a groshnak team, pick a random battle, kill some troops, and hope for the best

11 Likes

You know… I’d say, the devs should make it easier for themselves and us alike and scrap that whole matching game nonsense from the next introduced event to simply replace it with reward tokens purchased from the shop. Maybe in randomized amounts, why not, keeps things “fun and addictive”, as the phrase goes. Bet 50 cent for the chance to reach max rewards instantly. The next attempt might be your lucky one. Or the one thereafter. Keep spending to find out.

I can’t remember the last time, a new feature did NOT make me regret ever starting this game.

5 Likes

A complete lack of documentation on new events leads to FUD, which leads to multiple bug reports for you to track down and dozens of forum posts to sift through. Is that really saving you time?

18 Likes