Council of Chiefs

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/council-of-chiefs/

New Epic Troop: Brawlmaster Bur’Nakh Brawlmaster Bur’Nakh will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Weapon: String of Teeth This week it will be available in both the Event shop, and in…

1 Like

I don’t think this is a bad orc, but it is redundant. I think it would have been better to either give a higher attack, or damage to all allies troops by 1. It may have been a power creeped Luthor, but it would be useable.

Assuming all world event posts will be exactly like this like this one this week.
@Saltypatra can you please include if they are an individual event or guild event?

4 Likes

Also what the macguffin is?

Give 1 Attack… haha.

3 Likes

Wow, so no information about the event itself?

10 Likes

Its magic/2 + 1

1 Like

just found this =/

2 Likes

Right.
Each one is “Unique” so it requires more info than the normal cut and paste posts.

3 Likes

I guess it’s “we’ll tell you how it works after it releases and we see what parts are implemented”?

2 Likes

There’s a lot of extra information that is needed for World Events, so it’s not likely that we will include it all in our weekly posts. We will be seeing how they go, and if we feel it’s necessary may clarify one or two points in the weekly troop posts.

I think it would be cool if we could potentially even just copy the event’s Lore text above the newly-released troop(s/weapon) on the website, which would then cross-post here. Bonus points for adding:

• Scoring method: Collect Orc skulls (actually, this is pretty obvious/explicit from the Lore text)
  • Team restrictions: _________
  • (If applicable, any unique rewards, not including unique Titles/Portraits, though - e.g. “this week you can earn a special RAINBOW UNICORN FILTER FOR ALL OF YOUR TROOPS AND COOL SHADES FOR GOBTRUFFLE”)

E.g. This week’s Lore text, from the screenshots in the Help Centre article, is

“Every 5 years when the moon bleeds, the Orcish Tribes gather together to determine who will become the new Warlord of Grosh’Nak. Only the Warlord…”

2 Likes

At the very least.
Just let us know if it’s a guild event or an individual event.

Folks would like to know if they need to make Requirements for their guild prior to the start of the week. If it’s an individual event then of course it won’t matter in that aspect.

4 Likes

Just give us the info and stop doing auto posts. Sigh.

2 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t have that kind of extra time, auto posts are where it is at. Sorry for the inconvenience, I wish I could do manual posts every time for you, but I can’t, and I’ve explained why in the past. :frowning: I know it’s not ideal to wait 8 hours for reset, but as soon as the event is live you will have all the information you need.

To clarify World Events, they are technically all “Guild Events.” However, the Leaderboard is either by Guild (like Tower of Doom) or by Individual (Like Raid Boss/Invasion).

6 Likes

Are you sure about your clarification?

4 Likes

Hence the confusion.

Tower of Doom and Guild Wars are guild LB rewards.

Raids and Invasions are individual LB rewards.

Tower of Doom, Raids and Invasions are guild portal rewards.

It’ll still matter.
I can’t imagine I’m the only GM who has higher Requirements for guild based rewards than individual rewards.
For instance I don’t require Raids and Invasions for AWR.
However I require Guild Wars and Tower of Doom.

I have nothing against the auto posts that you do.
I just ask that you attach in the title of the world event:

“Guild Based Leaderboards” or “Individual Based Leaderboards”.

Similar to what you have set up in on the Switch posts.

I know others are asking for a lot more work. I’m simply asking for less than 30 characters a month. (I didn’t actually count …so those who bother to. I’ll be excited to find out how close my guesstimate was.)

1 Like

Thank you very much for the troop posting, Salty. :smile_cat:

Just curious though… Why the title? It doesn’t seem to corrolate well with what you’re enlightening us to. I clicked on it because I thought there was to be some specific talk about the new event coming to us, called “Council of Chiefs”.

I’d like to be able to provide my Pride with some in-depth information on what this event is going to be about, what we can expect when it starts tomorrow.

Thank you.

2 Likes

This is what has me confused.

We get leaderboards are either individual or guild based.

But the actual scoring system has been asked about a few times now, and we have been told yes its all guild, or its both. The patch notes also say its both.

Im not sure if its just a miscommunication, and its all guild based point scoring system, as its a guild event, or what the go is.

Would be great to get clarification to share with our guilds.

2 Likes