Coronavirus Generosity

People wanted to discuss it, so we did, and then moved on. It was a stream happening just as everything was hitting, so it was always going to be an interesting time.

3 Likes

Are you sure the drop of numbers was cuz the virus talk?

I am not a great watcher of streams (even more cuz they happen to a lame time for me anyway) but in ALL the few i watched ppls always logged with every device they had in home until reached the last code (that always was 150 for last code in those i watched) and once the code was given in about 2 minutes top at least 50 “ppls” was gone.

Look like this time there was gonna be 2 more codes but once seen wasnt likely gonna reach them and there wasnt anymore stuff in house useful to raise viewers count ppls gave up.

I know, and I’m not trying to put blame on anyone, there have certainly been lots of other streams where we didn’t reach code thresholds. Just kind of sucks that I’ve seen tons of companies bending over backwards for customers, and all I see 505 doing is… well, releasing an event that impossibly low numbers of guilds completed stage 12 of, on top of releasing a normal event that people had to spend normal amount of gems on to get the same rewards. It’s the opposite of what other companies have been doing. It’s just greedy. You gave us more content, but required more resources to complete the content, and required too many resources to complete some of the content, and did nothing to help us. What does that say about 505?

2 Likes

This is me posting off the clock after work hours:

I’m just going to point out that pointing out how stingy and greedy everyone thinks we are while simultaneously asking/demanding(?) free stuff is an interesting choice and that you usually achieve more in life by being polite to others.

You’ve also backed us into a corner where no one wins:
You look bad for trying to get free stuff out of a pandemic
We look bad if we don’t give you anything
If we do give you something then we’re positively enforcing antisocial behaviour in our community and directed at ourselves.

I’m not going to respond here again, I was just here double checking the bug reports before closing down GoW for the night, but I feel like someone needed to point this out because I’m not sure people have realised what they’re doing.

26 Likes

Hi Rambler! I run an active guild on ps4 called DnA Maji, another member pointed you out to me. If you’re interested to find out more drop me a psn message? PSN is Kittymadcow - can find my guild in the top 20 of Tower of Doom :grin::grin:

1 Like

I get that companies are being generous during this time where the world is franked up.
To demand or feel an individual is entitled to generosity because of it really makes me uncomfortable.
My issues with last week’s world event would of been as true 4 months ago as it was last week. The devs unfortunately just had bad timing with the attempt.
I do wish someone was aware of it enough to make a jerk in the less greed direction of the event. But understandably, I could see how they were too distracted by what was happening in the real world to have their finger on the pulse of the game.

If the devs do something to relieve the C-19 economic issue felt by a majority of their players then understand that they don’t have to. And that nothing comes free without a lot of approval from higher up. Higher up being located in Italy. If someone reading this doesn’t understand why that’s a big deal. Then I ask that you instead spend your time reading the world news then the video game related crap that I spew here daily.
505 games is the devil, but even the devil doesn’t deserve the hell their country is going through right now.
Let’s make sure we keep Krystara and Earth as the seperate worlds that they are. And not sound so Joe Pesci dammed entitled. Thank you, and Joe Pesci Bless you. :grinning:

1 Like

So, just to be clear… I personally don’t think the company is greedy/stingy. I do think the vast majority of purchasable things are priced way higher than I’m willing to pay, so I don’t buy them, but a lot of people do and that is obviously working to keep the company going, so yay for business and I can still play how I want to. I only said that because I didn’t want to get attacked by forum users for being an idiot thinking we might get anything.

I also never “demanded” anything or “felt entitled” to anything. I was simply asking if anything might be coming. Because it would be cool if something did. I’m bored out of my mind stuck at home the last two weeks and in my state we still have minimum 4 weeks of lockdown to go. Literally, everything is closed by order of the government here. At some point even GoW is going to get old and I’m going to go insane. If I knew some cool stuff was on the way it would give me something to look forward to. And the folks who don’t follow the forums would be pleasantly surprised as well. Everyone gets a tiny bit happier. If you’d just said no I would have been disappointed… for like 5 minutes. But my gaming would be business as usual and life would go on.

Sorry I asked. Didn’t think I would be branded a jerk for a SUGGESTION that would bring happiness to players.

2 Likes

I just find it weird you won’t buy anything in game and support the devs but you think it’d be cool to ask the devs to give everyone something because you’re about to get bored out of your mind from a lockdown.

4 Likes

I actually appreciate GoW because it’s not like other mobile-ish games, which typically stop your ability to play with “energy” systems. When I play a game, I want the ability to play for however long I want.

GoW allows players to focus on whatever they want to do and I feel that they don’t need to do the same kind of handouts other games need to do to keep players interested. There’s so much I haven’t caught up on so don’t mind if they don’t give us anything. Just keep those servers working.

4 Likes

I think you’re responding to Rambler’s comment about things being priced too high so he doesn’t buy them, but I think the majority of players who I see “asking” for stuff are actually fairly high VIP level. I myself have dramatically cut back in how much I spend on the game. I went from spending $30+ a month down to under $10 (usually just the vault key flash offers). I’m 675 points into VIP level 9, which means I’ve spent $600 on this game (675 at level 9 actually translates to $645, but I got 250 VIP points for buying the Steam pet when it only cost me $5 because it was 90% off on Steam). That’s $29 a month still on average since I started playing.

So yeah, I’ve given my fair share to this game. That’s twice the amount monthly that I spent playing World of Warcraft for nearly a decade. Believe it or not, people who are critical of games and the designers/producers behind them aren’t always freeloaders.

2 Likes

I wonder how many of these same people are pushing for positive changes and assistance from their government during this pandemic
I’m gonna take an educated guess of 0 Lol
Just be happy the game is still rolling out on schedule

2 Likes

I never said he was critical of the game. All I said was I found it strange he expects something from developers when he has really done nothing financially to support the game.

1 Like

I get all the free stuff I need every hour in the form of tributes. And currently, I am home to collect more of them. Thank you Devs for that feature.

1 Like

Free stuff good, Warmaster.

MOAR free stuff is good-ER

For the Horde

:joy:

2 Likes

Even if they did give us something because of this it would be like 3 gem keys :laughing:

Hope everyone is staying safe though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the more critical feedback comes from people who have put money into the game. Not all of it, but I suspect a significant portion of it does.

VIP 6 here. I started putting my money where my mouth is (i.e. stopped spending) when I started disagreeing with the business direction.

I don’t spend on many F2P games, but that’s because my criteria for spending are high. I have to genuinely be enjoying the game, and I have to genuinely support the direction the game is taking. If either of those things is not true, I don’t spend. If both are true, I’m quite happy to throw some money at the game. F2P games specifically are competing for business, so if one “wins”, it’s only logical to show them some business, right?

In terms of dollars spent on a F2P game, Gems of War for me is #2. Given how much I’ve spent on #1, I kind of wonder what VIP level I’d be here if I was still as happy with the game direction as I was back when I was actively spending.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right Kafka. The game is already quite generous in free loot and coranavirus is just an excuse to beg. What the forum really needs is a sub-forum called ‘Give me more free stuff’ where all of those topics can be moved.

2 Likes

Do you realize how much the game begs me for money? Every time I get a new legendary or mythic troop, I get a flash “offer” asking me for $30 to upgrade it, even though I have thousands of traitstones and millions of souls.

Every time I finish an Arena run, the game offers me troops in exchange for gems – the same gems they give away in tributes, but also the same gems they sell in the shop for up to $100.

When I log on in a new week, or sometimes just randomly it seems, I’m blasted with the weekly offer, bundles of a single troop and some other crappy stuff for $50.

All of these things are literal pop-ups in my game screen begging me for money, because you know, the three spots on the game UI (Shop in bottom row, Offers in right column, and flash offers under my hero) aren’t enough.

So don’t tell me that I am “begging” for anything when I’ve spent a fortune on this game already and I still get bombarded asking for more.

7 Likes

We backed you into a corner???

You seem to be the type of person that thinks when they are in a hole, digging deeper will get them out.

Remember this, you are unemployed without players like me and others who have spent stupid amounts of money for your mediocre game. Your studio needs to start understanding that and treating us as though our input, criticism, and wants matter.

What you need to stop doing is thinking the 10 people who liked your post are what the majority of players think or want.

2 Likes

This is the type of thread where there is a lot of miscommunication issues and not looking at the problem.

Lets put aside all the shop and microtransactions aside as the devs gotta eat, but a lot of people felt resentful over the poorly introduced world event.

For the players, it was repetitive, had the worst scoring method unknown or otherwise, and was too expensive to finish all the reward tiers. It was the first event for a large number of players where you could not earn enough gems in the week to break even. Completing the event would set you back and at worst, you converted gems into a couple epic medals.

For devs, I’m sure no cave or rock rooftop could possibly shield them from the response to this event. They know it has to be changed, I hope it gets improved, but that is up to their negotiating prowess. Despite recent history, let’s be optimistic or at least hope that by the third or 4th run, it gets better.

For the freebies, I frankly do not want or care for it. While I thought Kafka worded it poorly, there was a good point about using this virus for free stuff. Anything they give wouldn’t be enough, and I’d rather future practices have better resource balance from over a year ago. We saw what happened when they “gifted” us for that, frankly put, embarrassing lack of QA for a feature, then went off for a weekend.

Attacking the devs on this freebie stuff for being owed is just wrong, especially with such vitriol for a temporarily more expensive orb lottery. I think that better testing and balancing of new features is more important than fighting aggressively for 10 gems and 500 gold for the 1000 extra.

The devs didn’t unleash the virus, they are the victims of bad timing with a preplanned schedule that is more akin to a train hitting a cow because it had no brakes. The company won’t add brakes, but instead adds a fence around that section.

Attacking the conductor is not the proper train of thought for this issue. It’s not worth getting all steamed up about.

15 Likes