Console devs, lets talk tasks

Im not sure i want them to remove it, when we will get the 2,1 update, getting gem will be harder

I prefer a revert to the old system, i wont even complain about getting bad tasks that make me stop being able to continue them anylonger, i swear… cause right now i only log into the game for the daily gold and guildgains and log out again.

@Stan
@Rickygervais
@wskill

Yeah either remove them or give them to PC since we are supposed to be on equal ground soon.

I assume that this is still in the plan, though probably not until November or so. Unless they have changed their minds since Sirrian posted this, getting us on the same page will be by addition of daily tasks to PC/Mobile, not by deletion of daily tasks from console.

1 Like

Like I said, either way is acceptable.

They’ll change then, because as YOU said, the biggest whiners on here are PC players.

1 Like

I didn’t say they were the biggest whiners. It’s just that there are so many more of them! :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t forget they are the preferred platform, that helps

I’ve been biding my time on making a “let’s talk tasks 2.0” thread, but I guess bumping this works as well.

Overall I have been very displeased of the direction the tasks went after the last change, and am hopeful the new devs will agree.

Most days I only complete 1-2 tasks. The rewards just aren’t worth it. There’s a huge discrepancy between rewards as well. 2000 gold for 8 matches with Khaziel troops? How is that worth it? I can get more in 1 pvp match that takes a third of the time as a single match with Khaziel troops

There needs to be a system where you can request a task clear to free up a slot for tasks you don’t want to do, at minimum. Giving a list of tasks for you to choose which ones you want would be another possible solution.

3 Likes

“bad tasks” like making us spend souls on teams we’ll use for those 8-15 battles not even being able to recoup on souls because we can’t use Valk? yeah, those can go take a flying leap.

You have to eventually level everything anyway. Most players use the same 15-20 Troops anyway, you have your “main Troops” leveled?

1 Like

Let me add my two-cents as a mobile player. I, for one, am looking forward to the introduction of tasks similar to consoles. I used to watch my husband play on console, and wonder why mobile didn’t have tasks. I feel that such things would give me an incentive to try something new, break out of the “daily grind”, and have a little fun. Playing the game is fun, of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be anymore, but sometimes I need a little something different, and from what I can tell, some of those tasks add just that. They make you break out of your shell of 15-20 troops, and try something new.

Like I said, just my two cents!

3 Likes

yes!! I’ve got about that many on various teams. I understand eventually the end game will have them all leveled, if i ever get there. I have 170+ odd troops, and i must put away some souls in the bank for my eventually getting my missing Psion.

1 Like

Awesome then. I agree with your sentiment though, I hate using outdated/underpowered Troops as well.

1 Like

You didnt get psion last week? Damn girl get your finger out :grinning:

2 Likes

I DID NOT. however, it wasn’t for lack of trying, those fingers WERE out. every single gem last week (except for the 93 i accidentally spent on gem keys (and today)) was spent on event keys. i have a TON of watchers. Mythic watchers. headdesk oh, PS Robert, i changed my defence team.

M-Chimera*
L-Crimson Bat
L-Mist Stalker
M-Watcher*
so far this am, 3 victories no losses. :smiley:

4 Likes

I got two last week. If only I could give you one!

Bring back the peasant! I want to pound it!!

Edit: F’n exclamation champ

1 Like

“are we still doing ‘phrasing’?”

3 Likes

I think its all in your mind :scream:

Ladyfaes peasant is going to need stitches :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Interestingly, Psion is the only legendary I have Mythic. Funny how the RNG works like that.

1 Like

That’s how I try to look at it, but it can still be frustrating when you get a task with a requirement that just doesn’t work for you. It can be hard to keep things in perspective and be willing to let a rotten task sit for a few days or weeks, knowing that if you just cleared it, you might get a good one the next day.

I get the complaints about the level of rewards, and wouldn’t mind a bump on some of them, but for the most part, I try not to think about it.