Console devs, lets talk tasks

@Alpheon @sirrian can we expect some info (cost) soon on the event bundles that may start dropping next week?

I have Bone Dragon*, Carnex*, and Gloom Leaf* mythic. oh, also just realized my husband’s account has both Psion and Infernal King. aaaannd now i guss that’s why i can’t do an IK team:/

1 Like

Now if tasks gave you seals not affected by the 1500 limit, then they’d be worth it…

3 Likes

They could Give seals keys

1 Like

Guild Keys for an individual accomplishment?

i prefer say seal keys :slight_smile:

Doesn’t make sense. Guild Keys should be rewarded in Guild Wars if anything

Where do you see it name guild keys? I only see seals keys

We don’t see either on Console, plus you know what I’m talking about, don’t change the subject :wink:

1 Like

The XBox version of GoW is what got me hooked. I went on vacation and needed my gem fix so I installed the mobile version, and was amazed at how much more complex it was. By the end of vacation I liked it better.

But, it had no daily tasks - and that’s what I was addicted to. So I continued to play the console version. Then the task revamp came. I was cured of my task addiction in less than a week - haven’t played GoW on XB since.

If daily tasks do make the jump from console to PC, I hope they’re improved along the way.

2 Likes

If not they’ll be whined into submission.

2 Likes

There are incessant whiners, and then they’re are “Meh, it was good while it lasted”.

1 Like

I’m not terribly excited about the tasks coming to mobile. Not really sure why. I guess b/c it feels like it forces you into a different play pattern?

It’s because they suck

4 Likes

Not to nitpick, but that’s a far different sentiment than what you expressed previously:

I can’t believe some of you are calling for Tasks to be removed. I agree that the Task rewards could be better, but a decent number of Tasks involve things you would in all likelihood be doing anyway, like winning invasions, opening chests, using maps, leveling troops, traiting troops. They’re essentially free rewards. Who wouldn’t want that? I happen to be in an amazing guild that gets me plenty of gems and glory keys, but the vast majority of players don’t have that luxury. The tasks at least give them something, as well as an immediate objective to strive for, which can be helpful in a game that doesn’t have a ton of direction.

Plus, with the soon-forthcoming update, having Tasks in conjunction with Explore mode will be awesome. With that change, there will never be wasted effort. Of course, you can accomplish the same multitasking concept right now by using your Task-based team in PvP, but usually those teams are sub-optimal and more suited for the teams you scout out as having a single Peasant. Soon you’ll be able to field your team of lowly Constructs, rack up a few gems, and still have a decent shot at Arcane or Celestial stones.

My only little issue with Tasks is that I wish there was a bit more variety. I know Mr. Strange had at one point expressed his desire to expand the number of cycleable tasks. I, for one, would like to see this implemented. At the very least, I think they should add in a few more kingdoms or races for more variety.

But yes, any developers who may be monitoring, please keep the Task system in place. Nobody is being forced to partake in it, and it’s nothing but beneficial to the ones that are.

2 Likes

It’s not nitpicking, I was a fan of the new Tasks because they were a huge improvement over the old system. Now they seem like a chore and they are distracting.

Well i wrote such a passionate thing about it before it was implemented (and was temp banned for that sentiment i suppose… sigh) that already explained why i for one am calling for it to at least revert… in short; tasks were fun because they mixed things up… the problem back then was when you got tasks that made you stop playing because you just couldnt complete them quickly, some would take a day or longer, the answer to that/new task system was tasks that only refreshed once a day/week which is exactly the point of critique of the old system rather than an improvement. So instead of devs listening it was ignored and the task system changed into exactly the thing that killed fun in the old system; doing a single task and then have nothing to do for the rest of the day. Right now my own gems of war session goes like this; log in, look at if theres a task i can do within atleast 20 mins cause i dont have all day to sit in front of my ps4 for a single task obviously… if yes; do the task then log out, if no… log out and start up diablo 3 ros ultimate edition or something. -wskill.

2 Likes

Glad to see you back @wskill .

Tasks frankly got boring when all four slots were locked for the day. Now, if they could let slot A change three more times for the day, then that would make a good compromise. As it stands, its very restrictive since the last three can take a while to complete for lackluster rewards.

As long as slot A remains locked with the other three, I have every reason to believe its done for. Doesn’t matter what Sirrian said before about adding it to PC/ Mobile. The devs are weighing every thing in the long term. Something like Tasks can be incorporated into Guild Tasks. It probably needs to be in order to keep the game running at optimum performance. Probably. Only they would actually know.

Just something to consider, guys.

1 Like

Would be nice if we could pay some gold
To change task we don’t want to do

2 Likes

I made a nice infomercial for devs to understand the task problem:

Top is obviously old system that had tasks that would continuously refresh after you completed one so you could constantly play different ways for decent rewards that really… DO NOT NEED TO BE HIGH.

Bottom is current system that has only a specific set of tasks for the whole day which dont even have good rewards but even if they did, that system would still not make me want to continue playing.

I dont get why the focus is constantly on the rewards anyway, who cares about the rewards… the incentive that refreshing tasks brought to the game was the fun part. Ive been trying to explain this for ages.

4 Likes