CONCEPT TEAM: Need a PC/Mobile tester

Famine and Death are the the “best” ones, both on invades and defense. Plague is fun on invades. War is niche, but not altogether super useful. Drakk is a tankier Crimson Bat with more mana colors and thus can do pretty much the same stuff Bat can do. You’ll probably be having two at a time available while catching up, so War/Famine, Plague/Death, Drakk/(next one). Tough choice there, since Famine can absolutely stop a team in its tracks and is, in my opinion, a cut above every other one in terms of raw power, but if I had to choose, I’d probably go for the Plague/Death week. Death is one of the two I’m missing, and I’d actually use him, unlike War.

Is that the order they were released in? I believe the plan is 2 at a time… which is a little strange; hopefully the exclusivity week is kept.

I had Famine in mind as he seems the most powerful and War out of personal preference

Yes, it was War - Famine - Plague - Death - Drakkulis. If you dont get an exclusive week, but rather 2 crammed into the same week (rather than, say, an exclusive week every other week instead of every month), they could potentially be much harder to obtain because RNG is a cruel cruel mistress. Death is the one I spent the most trying to get and didn’t get - 7k+ glory keys, 100 VIP chests, and around 150 gem chests during the exclusive period and no drop.

Sounds brutal. If they lump War and Famine together next week I would have about 16k keys to use. Probably get 1 or 2 of one of them

The accepted droprate is apparently 1/4000 to 1/5000 for glory keys (and thus 1/400 - 1/500 for gem chests, and 1/40 - 1/50 for VIP chests). This was roughly my observed rate on Famine and Plague, I just got really unlucky when Death rolled around.

There’s no reason to mix true and normal damage. No doubt rowanne is great thought. My invade team is EK/Valk/EK/Amira.
Fun part about Amira is that she kills any mythic troop with blue color :slight_smile:

1/4000ish is enough for me to get 1 famine and to consider trying for another!

@DonBoba absolutely, I usually bin teams with true and normal damage but Mab is there just for her third trait. Currently thinking EK/Valk/Bat/Mab or leave the team alone

I tried that same exact team, and by try I did maybe 200 pvp fights and I find that double EK is way better than ek+Crimson. Why? Crimson damage is awesome. But he has no effect on enemy team which is for mythics (that are usual on high level) bad. Double stun on the other hand is marvelous. Plus doing very high true damage to 2 first troops is better than doing medium true damage to whole team. After 2 or 3 at most cast those first 2 troops will go down.

1 Like

Valkyrie doesnt cause enough 4 gem matches for 1 Khorvash to stun effectively?

Does Khorvash do that much extra damage in practice? On paper it is only 4 more than Bat does to each troop; results in 1 less cast required?

There is only one solution… I will have one EK/Mab team (likely with Bat for now), an EK team with full true damage, a double EK team and a double Mab team :dizzy_face:

And 7 more when in first spot. . It’s not little.
A bat with 18 damage can’t kill any high level troop without at least 3 casts.
Nothing surviveshort 3 casts of emperor. Rarely few survive just 2 cast.

That’s why my bats third… I have Mort will first as a tank and to drain eks mana… now jarl and ek… they have taken my team down quick…

1 Like

I run EK / Valk / Bat / Mercy. Pretty much mows through everything except the occasional Death or Bone Dragon mistake.

1 Like

So, now that you have all the troops, what do you think?

I agree with this completely, as much as I like crimson bat, double EK is more effective.

Emperor Khorvash and Queen Mab are really easy to abuse.

With all the 5* kingdom bonuses and the +2 Guild bonus for completing purple tasks, bat can do 19-20 True Damage to all enemies.

One cast of Bat and 2 casts of EK kills pretty much anything. I find it much faster than double EK.

1 Like

Yeah, I call that my “lockdown” team. Although I find using Bat more fun anymore.

But it’s rather for being sure of winning. Double stuns stops those crazy mythic traits that can ruin you. Bat is a great troop but his traits are awful (not the worst among legendary troops but mediocre at best.

The double stuns depend on getting the right number of 4 or 5-gem matches (same applies to EK / Mab combo). I find just killing the Horsemen as fast as possible is much more reliable. It also helps to have Mercy as she can continually heal EK once he takes a little bit of damage.

You either need bat EK casts to kill first 2 troops or 2 EK casts to kill the first 2 troops. So in terms of killing speed it’s the same. But only one of those combinations has double stun.