Community Weapon Spell (Sorry team, we gotta do this again!)

And what is the meaning of weapon rarity anyway? The color of ingot needed to upgrade? The mana cost?

Dev logic is Mythics > Legendaries > Epics.

Player logic is, but I don’t use any epic weapons. Why are we voting on a weapon too weak to ever be used?

10 Likes

Spell Description: Steal {1} Life from all Enemies, then inflict Bleed.

And it was stealing something laughtable like half of magic life.

1 Like

A Scythie McScytheface should probably deal damage to each enemy equal to their attack, because they are all face-palming. :smirk:

It’s only an epic. How often are those used?
All in all, this is a little sticker showing that the community has some influence in the game, not a contest to design the coolest weapon ever.

2 Likes

Voted gain life and either curse all enemies or bless all allies. The game needs more curse all sources, beside Maraji Queen.

Thanks for the info. I’m curious why they found that so hard to balance. :woman_shrugging:

Diabolist class weapon curses all and is also a scythe

Because the cast would have to do like 3-5 true damage to each opponent to keep it from being op for an epic weapon.
Which means they would have to remove any boost from magic like Tesla is designed, but pretty rare when it comes to weapons (if it exists at all).
Or scale the magic to the crazy “magic/blank” formulas.
In this case it would have to be divided by like 8 to keep those players with 40 magic at bay, but therefore also making it worthless to most of the community.

True damage is going to be supremely hard to balance for them moving forward.

Of course no dev has said this. I’m trying to use dev logic here and now am closer to death for having to tap that dark force power. You’re welcome. :wink:

9 Likes

I keep forgetting this thing is an epic weapon. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I am too lazy to read through it all, but why did it HAD to be an Epic weapon and not Legendary or Mythic?

4 Likes

Lol… my thoughts exactly. Does it matter what I vote? It really doesn’t.

Currently, almost never. Epic troops are used though, so I don’t know why Epic Weapons have to be terrible. It’d be nice if they actually made another decent Epic Weapon.

I like Eternal Flame though.

1 Like

I voted for the worst choice of spell, since the weapon is gonna get a dumb name…

1 Like

Yes that name is terrible.

Waiting to hear the answer to Mithran’s question before I vote.

The two exploder options are a bit tricky to decide between. I tend to favor the disease option, as there are a lot of ways to passively inflict disease and it could be a bit more reliable for mana generation.

But hitting multiple enemies while ignoring submerge, as the other exploder does, is always a nice tool to have too.

1 Like

No need to vote as the weapon being epic means I’ll never use it anyway…

Or it can give all 8 troops (4 enemy & 4 of yours) all nosebleeds. (bleed effect).

Scythie McScytheface is a terribad name imo,
I can see why the dev’s may not take us seriously about the 4.7 update.

4 Likes

Ye, but is a mythic class weapon, with the corresponding mana cost.
The community weapon is supposed to be epic class, so lower mana cost and more versatile.

Fiend Fire is only 14 mana. same 14 mana cost as the Epic purple scythe deaths grasp. Less than ultra rare purple scythe of corruption (15).

Also less than legendary scythes Morthanis, fleshripper and deathspire (15, but 2 colors)

As for more versatile… guess we’ll see which spell wins :wink:

And the poll is closed! Our spell will be…

Choose a Gem and explode 4 Gems of that Colour. Deal {1} damage to All Enemies of that Colour.

1 Like