Chat not working

Yes! We appear to have angered the Grear Profanity Filter again.

So now its a daily thing that chat doesnt work? grrrrrr…

1 Like

Here we go again. Potato servers?

1 Like

Some word from the devs would be nice. It seems to be crashing every day right around the time school starts getting out here in the US. Darn kids! Get off my lawn…er…chat!

1 Like

No chat seriously dampens my enthusiasm for this game.

Like wtf is this third day in a row?
I really don’t like this at all. .

1 Like

Chats been down for me for at least a day… I miss chatting with my guildmates!!!

We’re investigating this.

Problem is each day it seems to go down in our middle of the night. We then fix it first thing in our working day.

We’re going to try find the root of the problem, and will make our servers a bit beefier to try and prevent the problem from happening again. We actually haven’t made any changes to chat recently, it’s probably happening due to the increased activity lately.

5 Likes

Sigh. Appears that devs are turning off the chat every night to save electricity and/or give the insanely obtuse and puritan profanity filter a break from me saying anything that ends with “sh” (like wish) followed by the word “it” thereafter.

Chat. I wiSH IT weren’t down! :frowning:

6 Likes

You’re probably already aware of this but the chat seems to be going down soon after school lets out here in the US.

So, basically the devs are taking down chat just as you arrive, ET. I wonder why that would be.

1 Like

I think the funniest block it does is for horsemen as hor***** when trying to say something like the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse troops, yet it doesn’t block it at all when saying horse cum. xD

thats because you can’t say horse and men together without discussing a certain verboten bodily fluid.

Can so! “Menhorse!” See?

4 Likes

The Four Menhorse of the Apocalypse… I dunno… something is off there. Slightly.

5 Likes

It lacks a certain…distinguished ambiance.

So chat been down this whole time or what ?

its been over four hours since I was able to get into chat.

It was working earlier, then it went down about 4 hrs. ago.

Andrew and other GoW Dev, I’m good at reading logs and looking for failures (as I used to do it for 15+ years in EMail and Enterprise software solutions with millions of transactions per second.

If you need have someone parse through (I’ve done log4j, apache, jboss, tomcat, homebrews :slight_smile: )

3 Likes