Can we please rethink the treasure map rewards?

This is a unique and interesting idea!

I’m a fan of something like this. I just played TH and ended with a vault, four red chests, and I don’t remember what else from there. Got no keys or gems. In fact, got almost nothing besides gold out of those top 5 rewards. That’s just not cool. I don’t mind getting gold occasionally because it is a resource I need lots of still, but I really like gems and keys too. :confounded:

I don’t frown on getting lots of Gold, i just dump it into my Guild. Until we get the option to upgrade Kingdoms with Gold, that’s all I’ll do.

The main problem isn’t that gold isn’t useful. It is that TH is an incredibly inefficient method to get it. To me TH is about gems and keys. Resources we don’t have a lot of instant gratification options to obtain. The souls, gold, and glory handed out for lesser gems make sense as you should need to upgrade them through the mini game for effect. But having those rewards on the higher tier gems is really counter productive to what the mode is best used for.

Like others have said though, it doesn’t seem like improvements are going to happen. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t offer suggestions, but we definitely shouldn’t hold our breaths that the mode will be improved. Shame for a game mode that I personally find relaxing and a lot of fun. It is a nice break from the cheesiness of invades anymore.

-Razlath

I dunno, I routinely get 1000+ gold, and almost never less than 800, out of a TH run. It’s not the MOST efficient way to get gold, but until they made invades free (and thus risk free in terms of potentially losing gold) it was definitely the safest way, and not horribly inefficient either, especially when you get tons of gold in one game like I just did. lol

But yeah, there are definitely better ways to get gold in the game, and I generally see the gold I get out of TH as a nice bonus on top of the other rewards. My favorite sessions are when I can make back the glory it costs to buy the map, plus a decent chunk of souls, hopefully some gems and keys, and at least 1000 gold, which is more than I almost ever have the opportunity to make in PvP anyway.

Same for me. And I too find this minigame relaxing.

The strategy to play this game is very simple. This is the priority list:

1. Any 5 items from top to bottom
  2. Any 4 items from top to bottom
  3. Any 3 items from bottom to top

The only rule is: if there are only 5 or less moves left, only use copper, silver, gold or goldsacks.

I don’t even have to think playing this way, and the result is almost always rewarding.

In any case, +1 for the possibility to use multiple maps simultaneously.

At beast TH will being 1500-2000 gold for about 10 minutes play. Invade will give you 1000-3000 gold for 2-3 minutes play.

1 Like

Escuse me if i’m wrong, I just started to play one week ago but I do play treasure hunt for the 2-3 gems i’ve got for each run. It worth it no ?

I don’t realise at the moment if it’s interesting for a high level but i think it can’t be meaningless ?

i do it as a boost for the souls and possible keys and gems. :slight_smile:

For players lower than level 100, I believe it is very much worth it. You get a decent chance at keys, you get extra souls, and a chance for gems.

Once you get to a certain level gold from PvP, gems from tributes, and souls from farming, become the main income streams. All that are faster and easier than the maps.

Also, if you enjoy the low pressure, or extreme puzzle aspects of going for lots of vaults, then they are another fun game mode.

Sounds like those players with limited playing time rather not use their time on Treasure Maps.

I think the solution is either the as-before-mentioned mode where you can use multiple Maps, or some kind of “trade-in” system for the Maps.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick word from me on this…

So we want to review the Treasure Hunt mini game, but only when we have the chance to. No promises when that will be or what that will be.

Just want to let you know it’s on the list should we get the chance.

5 Likes

The only real option I would like to see is the ability to spend multiple maps at a time …

Nominate before entering the game that you would like to spend 100 maps and have the result multiplied by 100 (or 90 or whatever you think is appropriate for a multiple map spend) …

Have to say I like the multi map wager idea.

Same here, like the idea of using multiple maps to increase the payout.

Maybe if you’re a really high level, or playing some kind of Warlord difficulty. I rarely find opponents whose base gold payout is more than 600 unless they’re way above my level, especially after the change to free invades. It is still faster to invade for gold, but you can’t get gems out of it, nor can you get the same number of souls and glory, nor even the types of keys, that you can get in TH. So yeah, if all you want is gold, invade away. If you want other stuff, I think TH is valuable long after level 100 is in your rearview mirror.

Agreed, but the problem is quite often treasure maps give that gold instead of the other stuff. Thus the suggestions to tighten up higher gem rewards to eliminate the gold and souls payout only for those higher gems. Two things better obtained through other methods. Being given a resource you could have obtained quicker / easier in a different method doesn’t make it useless of course, but it does make doing treasure hunt overall less useful since your rewards are watered down. This gap widens as your ability to generate gold and souls in more targeted methods becomes better and better.

Excellent news! Hopefully our discussion has gotten the creative juices flowing on the dev team and we see a fun game mode become even more useful.

-Razlath

I consider myself a high level, but I’m playing on hard, don’t like how much more time is needed on higher then that. You need to reapeat search sometimes to find good loots.

Honestly is maps that bad? I have played some now, and often after 3 games I end up with close to 10 gems(its an awesome gem chest), and bunch of glory. It is one of the few good ways to end up with a nice bunch of glory, folks. And in addition some gold and souls. I am still not so experienced, but I might say that someone that is, might agree with me.

But the “problem” is that treasure maps take much longer to play than PVP, while you can get more gold from PVP. You also don’t gain experience from treasure maps, and many of the more experienced players don’t need the glory from treasure maps as they already have plenty and get loads of gems from their guilds. Why would I play a treasure map for 10 minutes to get 2-3 gems when I get 100-150 gems a day from my guild? Then I’m better off playing PVP and contributing to the guild tasks, IMHO…

I’ve got close to 500 treasure maps now, with no incentive to play them.