Campaign configuration error causing loss of rewards

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting campaign tasks to impose the same time constraints as before, two days for the silver Adventurer task. The silver Adventurer task, and possibly the follow-up Dungeon Lord task, is blocking progress for three days this week.

It’s the final campaign week, so this bug will cause unaware players to get timed out of their final campaign rewards unless addressed quickly. I’m assuming this is a configuration error, not some nina move to pressure players into paying skip fees, there hasn’t been any announcement in regards to changes to the ongoing campaign.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since this weekly reset.

Steps to make it happen again
Play the campaign.

7 Likes

The adventure board blocks three days, but with the dungeon task it’s actually a five day block.

I giggled at this post, but doubt it’s a bug. :frowning:

2 Likes

Most certainly working as intended. :cow2:

2 Likes

Only 4 if on day 3 you do AB first, then dungeon.

But either way, :poop:

5 Likes

Good point. Not sure if I should be happy its not five, when its still far too long!

So practically, a week-long thing, where you have to remember to at least pick up the game 4 of those days. Rather than just 1.

I spoke to the team about this issue. This isn’t a bug, but I have passed the feedback on.

2 Likes

“The team”? Who is the team? Do any of them EVER listen to any feedback? Sure doesn’t seem like it

6 Likes

This bug report isn’t about tasks getting picked by RNG, this is about the task definitions themselves having silently been changed. They now require extra days to complete, on the final week of the campaign. This is bound to catch players by surprise, time gating them out of the final reward of their paid for elite pass.

I’ve removed the incorrectly assigned [NOT A BUG] tag. Please provide the team with correct information, it’s very distressing to see an issue with such a high impact treated like this.

2 Likes

I don’t understand this, what would you have expected them to do here? This isn’t the first time we have a 3 day AB task, we had it on week 1 of this campaign as well. Week 3 and 7 had 2 day tasks, so I guess the rule now is “AB tasks will be 1-3 days long”.

And all task changes are silent, they’ve never announced any task details. Maybe what you’re looking for is a support article detailing possible tasks? That could be an actionable request for the dev team.

1 Like

We only ever had it on that first week of the campaign, after which it never showed up again. There’s a very well established communication pattern in GoW, some game configuration gets messed up, it eventually gets fixed, the community manager swears on the bible that nothing ever got changed and people just don’t understand RNG. There have been way too many versioning issues in the past, this one is likely due to some beta data leaking in. It’s quite safe to assume there isn’t any random component in Adventure Board task length, they won’t have developed such a feature for a single of several dozens tasks, to be used once every few months.

You don’t secretly change competition rules as participants come close to reaching the finishing line, like adding an extra day detour to disqualify weekend players on the final lap. I’m actually pretty confident this one was unintentional, which doesn’t make it easier. IP2 is also known to use every stonewalling technique in the books to weasel out of repairing collateral damage they’ve caused. Like intentionally misreading a bug report, closing it off and ignoring it for a week, then claiming that they unfortunately can’t help players having missed out on their mythic troop because all data needed to handle this got deleted automatically at the end of the campaign.

4 Likes

I am pretty confident that it was INTENTIONAL!
If paying players got locked out from the final reward they can’t argue cause the company never promised rewards for players with the elite pass, they promised if you play you will also get a mythic.

I can confrirm that the RNG, weighting, and task definitions have not been touched for this Campaign. There is a list of tasks that the game can randomly choose from, and this week we saw an combination which stopped players from completing the tasks early due to the timing of Dungeons and the Adventure Board.

I have passed on the player sentiment to the developers and they are looking into it. Unfortunately I don’t have anything else to add at this time while it’s being discussed.

(Also sorry for this post going missing for about 2-3 minutes! I accidentally deleted it and had to restore it. My apologies, I don’t know how that happened? All sorted now though.)

8 Likes

Salty, let me be frank here. This bug report isn’t about the game randomly picking tasks, possibly leading to awkward combinations. This bug report is about the Adventure Board task suddenly requiring three days instead of two. I believe you know that, so I’m finding the repeated attempts to shift the topic away from the issue rather irritating.

Would you please explain why the Adventure Board task is taking a day longer this week, without any task definitions having been changed at all? It’s a veritable miracle that future generations shouldn’t have to puzzle over. To possibly steer you into the right direction, there’s been a pretty botched up ninja fix to training battles end of last week, it looks like the deployment package may have contained additional changes.

2 Likes

solution might be very simple: task might have variable lengths… with random probabily assigned to each length… from what we’ve observed AB silver tasks can be 2 or 3 days… most of the time being 2… (but need to gather more data → how many times it had 2, and how many times it had 3 days)

1 Like

Based on Hawx’s lists (complemented by Grundulum & Starlite et al), and assuming I didn’t miss any:
No Silver AB task in Campaign 1

Campaign 2
ABx2 in Week 4
ABx2 in Week 7
ABx2 in Week 8
ABx2 in Week 9

Campaign 3
ABx3 in Week 1
ABx2 in Week 3
ABx2 in Week 7
ABx3 in Week 10

‘RNG’ was kind enough not to include any silver AB task in the opening campaign
:face_with_monocle: :blush: :vulcan_salute:
#RNGfallguy #GoWListensandCollatesFeedback

3 Likes

I’ve got a strong feeling that because I was away for Week 1 where Grundulum kindly stepped in to do my graphics, that I didn’t change the look up table in my Google Sheets and weeks 3 and 7 were possibly 3 day AB too.

If so, I’m very sorry :woman_facepalming:t4:. I compile these lists on a Sunday from the beta server so I can’t really ask for proof readers and generally (bar the odd typo) they are correct. Again I’ll hold my hands up and apologise if weeks 3 & 7 were an error, usually I get a dm saying if something is wrong, but I had none for these so I’m not totally sure what’s happened

2 Likes

It is fairly safe to assume that if those had been 3x and your graphic said 2x, the forum would have mentioned it in the main thread, IMO
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

It’s not entirely impossible. However, there’s no other task that has been observed to require a random amount of effort, like 4 - 8 Dungeon battles or 45 - 75 Treasure Hunt moves, there also seems to be little benefit gained from adding such a capability just in this one place. And we’ve had similar temporary inconsistencies, like the missing pet gnomes in arena, adamantly waved away as RNG, the official stance still being that no changes ever happened. No insult intended, it feels like you are desperately grasping at straws.

2 Likes

Week 3

Week 7

So we were fooled into thinking week 1 was just a one off.

Now I know it’s easy to blame 1 and 0’s for everything wrong with the campaign tasks this week.

But there’s an evil older than RNG and that’s greed.

I’m not going to raise hell about it just so Salty can start raising her conspiracy theory flags and have her supporters (though her numbers have certainly dwindled over time) possibly come at me bro.

But I find it highly suspect that 2 separate adventure board Silver Tasks clearly exist. And that the one that takes 3 days so happened to trigger exactly at the start and end of the campaign. The 3 Day variation didn’t exist During the first 2 campaigns.

2 Likes