Bring back a option for old Challenges. šŸ˜­

I Complete all new Challenges but Iā€™m tired of the game.
For Example one Kingdom Complete Tier X and you can play Tier 1 over and over again (with no rewards)
Explore makes no longer fun. And Soul farming in Explore?

Explore: no 100% one shot, no more exp
Oldest Challenges: 100% one shot, more exp
This Update ruin my Gems life :tired_face:

1 Like

The new update is gonna make it up for it
:ok_hand:

4 Likes

Really? the comming next?
or is it a joke?

2 Likes

No joke m8. next week I think. youā€™ll seeā€‹:grin::wine_glass:

2 Likes

this is good to hear thx.

2 Likes

Yeah this update is gonna be a good one

1 Like

I hope you are right :grinning:

1 Like

and what is this?
ā€“ In 4.6, all player selectable difficulty modes will be removed (these will still be in place in 4.5). [RIP fire bomb/bombot/firebird teams]
ā€“ Needed to happen for the eventual ā€œbig 5.0ā€ update in 2020.

1 Like

What he meant was if you like playing old challenges and grinding quickly, itā€™s over. You need a new game. 4.6 is going to remove fast grinding from the game in favor of scaled things like the challenges across the board.

Explore is being fully revamped in the new update, to be clear. It will no longer have a difficulty setting (the other modes will have difficulty settings removed too, consequences of that are unknown), it will presumably be tougher with better rewards.

1 Like

I saw something in another thread which suggests bosses in explore.
Color me curious.

That makes me extremely sad.
No more Speedfight :rage:

All yā€™all talking about new Explore should really watch Saltyā€™s 4.6 preview stream next week. I know you canā€™t please all the players all the time, but I personally am pretty excited by the changes coming.

1 Like

Iā€™d absolutely rather get toughter fights with more rewards than hours of mindless sunbird spamming for a handful of stonesā€¦

1 Like

Rowanne not Sunbird. Sunbird is out.
And yes why not SF makes me fun.

Slyp is mostly correct.

While everything is in super-secret lockdown until Monday, I will say about my note from the previous stream cited in this thread that it is no longer a 100% accurate statement.

That said, as EMEric states, players will be highly incentivized to run explores at difficulty levels higher than what is doable with fast clear teams.

Youā€™ll want to watch the Monday stream (or at least read my notes thereafter) to understand why.

4 Likes

Waiting for notes then. When the stream runs itā€™s 4AM at my place. Not really a time to watch (maybe except during vacation period).

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. I tried to keep my statements outside the spoiler thread to things stated by the developers.

The 4.5.0 Developer Q&A stated that the update would rework Explore and remove difficulty settings from all remaining modes, and that they prefer to rework the game balance such that it scales more smoothly.

I certainly feel like the traitstone grind from Explore was frustratingly tedious before. My hope is that the new update provides a new explore mode, with notably higher difficulty coupled with drastically improved drop rates of higher rarity traitstones like Arcanes.

Thereā€™s a lot of unknowns thatā€™ll be resolved Monday though.

Yeah, setting aside that much time to watch a stream is tough. If only there were a way to post preview information to social media that didnā€™t involve live video, perhaps using visual glyphs that can be read 10x faster than spoken word. Please donā€™t take this snark as directed at you, itā€™s all me being grouchy that the only way any preview information is ever released is in a medium thatā€™s extraordinarily difficult for me to consume.

5 Likes

I feel you. I am very grateful for @Lyrianā€™s stream summaries for exactly that reason. I canā€™t stand watching video most of the time, and vastly prefer the written word.

3 Likes