Boycott the Arena

What I find hillarious is “whiners” are what caused the devs to finally drop the 50 gem class fee. No one requested them to Frank with hero XP in the arena when they did.
And as one of those “whiners” about the hero class change fee. Let me just speak for us all and say “you’re welcome.”

I don’t know if our whining had anything to do with it, they generally seem fairly resistant to opinions here. They just happened to update the code, three years of constant complaints didn’t speed anything up.

(I actually never play arena but I saw this meme template and thought of y’all)

15 Likes

There is no need to troll players who think differently than you.

Who’s trolling who? It’s just a joke

I already started the boycott 4yr ago :stuck_out_tongue:

I really don’t like arena

I started in October or something. Came running over here to escape the arena in LGOH. And everything else. So for me the game is a marked improvement over that pos moneypit.
That said I’ve always liked arena if I could get the right combo of troops. Just don’t really play as much due to so much else going on gamewise.

I kind of agree that there are plenty of ways to level classes so if they aren’t doing it for arena… Whatever. Whether they do or don’t it really don’t matter if you get stuck in evil AI…er, bad rng hell and get beaten. Guess maybe this is a beef for all of you multiyear many dollar players.

2 Likes

I did an arena for the ten gem task, hard to turn that down.

4 Likes

That change is a disaster. It is totally unfair to penalize arena players that way. But I doubt that boycotting the arena would change anything. The devs never seem to have cared much about arena. They always seem to forget that it exists.

Well, the only other option for the player is to do nothing. So not exactly a lot of choices here…:person_shrugging:

You do know comments can be deleted right? And the person won’t even be notified anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, never had to do that before, I typed something without thinking first.
Anyway… nothing to see here :wink:
Boycott the Arena!

1 Like

Keep threads permanently alive on the forum like for the removal of DB from arena… Bring back the topic constantly in the streamings like for the 50 gems of class changes.
But that would require to have enough people caring about XP in arena.

1 Like

The devs official word right now is they do not want to bring hero XP back into the arena.
They never said that about removing Dawnbringer, they just said they were looking into it until they made the change.
The only thing left is to do is to have the statistics show the drop in use and hope that gets on Sirrians radar. Causing him to want to change the arena to generate more use again.
Doing the arena after such a drastic change only encourages the change instead of discouraging it.

This is what we intended to do. Sorry I didn’t make that clear. The patch notes are pretty matter of fact, and this was an attempt to cover all bases.

1 Like

… Really no good way out of this for the dev team is there.

Transparency before, or during the fact tends to be the best option. Instead of months later saying… Yeah we never meant to have class XP in the arena. We just threw it in it patch notes back then cause it was there.
We didn’t lower the XP to 1 like we did in Explore or Quests. We instead kept it at 2 to be an equal option with PvP. But since we can’t give you all anything without taking something away. You now get 0 xp in the arena. Cause now we don’t want to bother coding it. Just like back then we didn’t want to bother coding it out of the arena. :person_shrugging:
Forgive me if my paraphrasing is off based. But that’s exactly what it sounds like happened.

4 Likes

Based on Salty’s stream schedule. It looks like they are done with 4.3 by now. So if they added Hero XP into the arena again then it will be in that build. If they didn’t… Then it’s pointless to continue to boycott the arena anymore at this point. I appreciate those who actually supported this idea and haven’t done the arena since the change.

If daily tasks don’t count I am successfully boycotting Arena since 13 Jan, 2017 @ 2:53am

Because you got Pharos Ra? :thinking:

1 Like