Boycott the Arena

A few level classes in a week. Remember this a year from now when you’re no where close to having all the classes to 100 talent level.

That may seem like a long time from now. But considering there will be at least 34 hero classes by the time it happens. Unless you are maxing a hero class on a monthly basis at least. Then you are behind the schedule necessary to get your Kingdom to 20 stars the second it’s possible.
Removing a way to get XP and not giving a new way to get XP certainly doesn’t help matters.

Quite a few. Went from level 40 something to 60 something on Frostmage and from under level 10 to level 40 on at least 5.

That was my main account. I also have my second account that I needed to play on a bit to do my 1500 seals and get at least a million gold.

I’m not reading all of this because I am biased against arena because I find it boring almost always, but …

Technical issues aside? The hero is already by far the only troop that matters in arena. Because its horribly strong, higher stats, and then things like Dawnbringer and Runic Blade are scary.

Now if things remain consistent, for the hero to be benefiting from a class in any way implies that it would be getting all its traits and talents in Arena. Seems like overkill.

By the same logic, weapons would also benefit from upgrades? If things are consistent.

2 Likes

Clearly false, no matter how you try to backtrack it now. The patch notes for 3.5 clearly state that Champion points will be earned in the arena.

Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining.

5 Likes

Agreed, for me this is the point that makes me feel betrayed the most.

If the earlier patch notes said this was unintended, and will be fixed in a later patch, then I would have just shrugged it off.

3 Likes

I kinda feel like they might have just been listing all the places it was applicable, rather than deliberately making arena a viable thing to do.

I mean … considering the history of arena, which is more likely?

(Of course they did still put it in the patch notes. I’m just suggesting it might be negligence instead of malice. And they should call it what it is.)

2 Likes

I may go a bit off-topic here, but I just wanted to clarify my point of view.

We knew that they will take something away. That’s not the main problem.
The main problem is that the developers or publisher is taking away more and more, but not giving enough Gems in return. I find this very troubling. You’re pretty much at disadvantage at every turn.

I asked around and talked with many players. Developers used to be generous, but now they are getting skimpier, and something tells me that this may get even worse in the future.
Imagine if they release a new game mode, and yet another Gem sink, but no means to increase the Tribute and Guild rewards or reduce the Gem prices on such?

One example:
Gems are extremely valuable and way overpriced in the Store, yet, one example, you are REQUIRED to spend at least first three Tiers, which is 250 Gems, if you’re lucky, that you don’t need to buy the fourth upgrade for the Class Event without losing a single match. Those events are not obligatory, they give poor rewards anyway, so most people ignore this Event completely or just play the free battles.

Every Invasion/Raid and Doom Event requires Gems, you pretty much can’t progress without them. The point is that when you spend way more than you get, that’s the main issue. Either this or the cost of those upgrades should be reduced by at least 25%.

No you don’t. It depends on how much you’re playing. What you decide to spend is up to you so that you can fall into a deficit, but if you buy just up to the weapon tier in all events and you’re collecting tributes on a fairly regular basis, belonging to a guild that completes all tasks with gems, does the weekly event, and does the dailies, you should come out ahead. Not even counting the small amount of gems in reward tiers which come if you’re doing events too.

I know, because I kept track of every gem coming in and going out a couple of months before dailies were introduced and I found I was gaining roughly 1400 gems and paying maybe 800-900 gems a week. A year ago I had 33K gems, I now have 56K gems.

So if you’re not playing the game enough to have that kind of income (I’m speaking generally when I say “you’re”), that’s your decison but at the same time, it may dictate how you choose to spend the gems. No different really than a household budget (probably a freelancer would be the example here, not a steady paycheck type job, but in general.) But you can’t throw out the generalization that you spend more than you get because that’s just false.

6 Likes

I suggest if you want to debate the gems income being nerfed then you start your own thread about it instead of hijacking my thread. :grinning:
That being said, @Dorgath is right.
The last time I bought gems was 2017 and it was actually months before the gem events were created.
I currently have 14k gems. And only experienced gems in LT for a few months. I do at least tier 6 on every guild event, I have all but Zuul’Goth for troops, and all my kingdoms are Max power.
GoW is currently pay or play. But not play to play. Currently.

I took a break from the game last year and came back after the task nerf and after gems were removed from LT and when the guild events were around. I had 0 gems when I came back and now have 23k while getting all mythics (just missing 2 from when I wasn’t playing and 1 from when I was really low level) and only missing a couple of the weapons that came out when I wasn’t playing. I always get the weapon from guild events and new factions and don’t even collect tribute or do daily tasks that often.

3 Likes

what if this thread was just about getting everyone other than his guild to quit arena so awryan can be number 1 in trophies…what if…xD

4 Likes

What if that was already happening pretty much every week since they fixed the Exploit in the arena. (Patch 4.0)
I assure you… My motivation is primarily to level up weak classes. And I hope others feel the same way as me…
After 2 years of being GM, I’ve never had a player say hey “I see you got #1 in weekly Trophies, so I want to join your guild.”
It’s cool and all… But not something I care about for the most part.

1 Like

As posted by Cyrup:

"Hey everyone, the changes made to Arena are not a spiteful attempt to take something away after giving you a nice thing! I’m sorry if the wording around this change has been vague, and I am sorry that this change has had such a negative impact for some of you.

Unfortunately, the team won’t putting back Class XP into Arena. Prior to 4.2.5, Arena was never intended to award XP/Class Wins. When 3.5 (Classes) released Arena was included in the patch notes to give a general overview of where Classes applied. At this time, Classes applied globally to your Hero, so via a little loophole they applied to Arena, too. To enable the Gem removal cost the Class system had to be redesigned. This means that Classes now apply per team where the Class is in use. As Arena doesn’t have Classes, the ability to attach a Class to your team was inherently removed. As the Arena has a special type of team, technically the new system can’t add a Class. This isn’t something the team is planning on adding again, especially considering this update was a small one.

There’s no statistical benefit for having your class in Arena, so based on the new system and the previous design choice the ability of Class XP to be earned in Arena was removed."

Copied and pasted from another thread, this was posted by Cyrup. It’s not going to change regardless of if players like it or not. It’s a non starter

i would hope this is supposed to be strategical…

I didn’t write the post, sorry I missed the heading, it was posted by @Cyrup

2 Likes

I had already posted that. But thanks.
The devs would NEVER change something but then change their mind due to back lash from the community. :roll_eyes:

Oh wait. :speak_no_evil:

Yeah I mean, the recent history here is the devs spent several months answering that question with “we can’t do it”. Then suddenly, “Oh guys we did it for 4.2.5!”.

There’s nothing impossible to implement here. Just a thing that required some effort to make work and, in their opinion, shouldn’t work at all. I think both awryan and I are arguing:

• We disagree with the assessment it shouldn’t work.
  • We think it is worth the effort.

The only reason I might change my mind about the second is if I hear they’re instead working on some cooler feature. But at the moment, I can’t think of what I’d want more than Champion XP in Arena.

1 Like

Here’s what I find funny about the whining about this update.

Personally, I’ve been able to add Class XP to several classes that hasn’t been touched for months, because I don’t have to lose all the XP when Titan (or whatever class I have at 100 already) is the class for most of the week because it’s the best for the event. These past 2 weeks is probably the first weekly Class events that I’ve played with the actual class, for example.

And I’d be willing to bet that most of the people doing the whining in this thread have been playing a majority of their Arena in the past 6 months without getting XP because they stuck with Titan or Bard or Priest or whatever powerful class already at 100 the same way I did.

3 Likes

Actually I had a pretty fixed Arena schedule the past 6 months.

GW weeks, no arena, it just wasn’t possible.

The other 3 weeks, I didn’t play the guild event on Monday or Tuesday since I wanted to get seals/do the Faction event. If I was bored/finished with the Faction event, I did Arena with an off class. Then on Wednesday I’d switch to Titan and burn up my sigils. By Friday/Saturday, we’d close the final portal and I’d go back to Arena with my off-class.

I’d be willing to bet that’s what the majority of whiners in this thread were doing because speaking objectively, they have strong claim to “being better players than me”.

1 Like