Big Dust Devil Nerf! A bad Joke or what?

Very good reply Orbin… Fully traited Goblin Teams are a good example… My 4xDD needed 7-10 turns (in the best case) to win… I can’t understand why the people say the DDs were OP. The Defence Teams are pretty strong actually in PvP. The DDs were just a good help and a fairly answer to this insanse Defence Status.

Well, I do not consider 4x DD team strong. It may be that it is easy to obtain for lower lvl players.
I used it only for farming of traitstones.
Gem color changing teams are much stronger in my opinion because you have better control over the board.
Or Goblin teams of course.

I truly believe that Dust Devil was not nerfed because 4x DD team strength in PVP but because it was used so much for farming.

3 Likes

That’s my defense… :wink:

You do realize that even the AI wins about 1 in 20 with that team, right? :smiley:

1 Like

Really? How? :astonished:

@DonBoba

Ever get those games where you make a 3-match, the AI chains to fill it’s entire Team and get 5 Skulls, then all you can do is another 3-match and they super-Chain you again and this just repeats?

1 Like

LOL @TaliaParks and @DonBoba Probably some random internet drops in there as well.

-Razlath

Thats no plausible and contructive Answer for me. So its irrational to use one of the last fairly Troops (with fairly Spell Damage) in relation to these insane high Defense Values in PvP (+40 Life/Armor)? I think other People have lost the meaning of realism.

I have no idea how the AI wins defends for me. They do make me smile though… :smiley:

Yes I did, but that’s only bad when enemy has some strong team, other then that, it’s just a mild inconvenience.

Dust devil x4 was just dumb. I used it some to do the quests to unlock classes, but it is was too boring to use it any more then that. Any time a team wins fast by using 3 or 4 of the same troop, it needs a nerf.

1 Like

For trait hunting I was using a solid team before the DD arrival and won’t have any qualms going back to it.

2 Likes

Dust devil gets nerfed and i read mostly about his use to farm trait stones. I am over hear wondering why no one complains about tyri’s op ability to farm multiple trait stones a game through maps and how great she is for it. It is always dust devil this and dust devil that but what about tyri?! Doesn’t tyri deserve some love too?! :sob:

It sounds like you didn’t have Dust Devils traited before the nerf. If you had, you would have seen just how ridiculous it was. Basically when the game started, you’d click the first Devil, use skill. Wait for however long you deemed appropriate for the CPU to do its turn, then you’d mindlessly click off the next Devil. You didn’t even have to look at the board. I’m pretty sure that is the very definition of hamster-wheel, and despite it being ridiculously efficient (I’m still a few damn traitstones shy of my goal, and now it’s taking a hell of a lot longer…grr), it was also pretty much the antithesis of Gems of War gameplay.

This is a match-3 game. If you’re winning without even matching once, the developers have to reign it in. So they have.

11 Likes

The problem is, why did the developers not see that flaw? The team being too small is a lame excuse as it only takes 1 person (with a bit of analytic skill) to see it. Apparently they lack quality in that particular area.

Sirrian promised to “do better” in the future. We’ll see, but i’ve read similar words after the previous nerf rounds and my expectations are low, very low.

Anyway, nerfs (and bugs) are getting on my nerves. Best medicine for it is to drop playtime considerably (dropping from 400-500 trophies to 100) and spent more time on other things.

2 Likes

Yes bad Devs…shame on you for limiting my ways to exploit the game. I am gonna take my ball and go home.

(As it has been pointed out to me in the past sarcasm is not often translated well in the form of forum text and so this paragraph which turns out to be longer than the actual sarcastic post is just to give those who lack the ability to spot sarcasm a heads up so they to can enjoy the reply without feeling offended)

(Oh just so you know the paragraph explaining that the orginal post was supposed to be sarcastic is also laced with sarcasm) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Dust Devil needed to be nerfed. Very much so.
When a team of 4 identical rare troops becomes the team of choice for many players, something is wrong with that troop. And it needed to be fixed.

My main “problem” with this nerf is that it took way too long to fix this. Dust Devils aren’t that hard to trait fully, so many people had mythic fully traited Dust Devils weeks ago. The fact that many people had gotten used to just running 4 Dust Devils and casting the spell 4 times for the win for a few weeks is probably why quite a few people are upset about this rebalancing… Now they have to find another team and there aren’t any that were as efficient as 4x Dust Devil…

2 Likes

That would be my guess. It provides a logicless victory against a challenge. With a mouse motion recording software you could easily automate farming, provided you put enough delays in for opponent turns with cascades.

My guess is that they have a blinder for using multiples of a troop in a team. They’re always looking for OP synergies and combos, and they’ve built systems to support this (e.g., Kingdom & Troop bonuses), that they miss troop stacking. Same thing happened with Celestasia, Webspinner, etc.

2 Likes

Why don’t you make a game when it is so easy and you are so smart? Oh right it’s hard as hell, its much simpler to dish someone who is doing some hard work.

1 Like

Wow, calm down. I am playing this game for more than 1,5 year and showed them my appreciation by supporting them financially. That doesn’t mean i can’t express some critic words now and then. You may dislike them, and rant all you want, i don’t really care.

1 Like