Behemoth: the anti-Mab, anti-Maw

Yesterday my Maw ate a Behenemoth on a 3 skull match…

If it was on iOS, that’s because we’re still waiting on a fix for Impervious and for Mab’s third trait.

1 Like

I cannot wait for them to fix these issues on iOS. I Finally started using behemoth after ascending him and unlocking his traits. Seems like a decent troop. Too bad his impervious is useless to me right now. Same with mab’s third trait. And I’m absolutely tired of coming up against maw teams. If ever there was a broken troop in this game, it’s maw.

1 Like

Good idea! I tried it and it does seem better, to the point that Mist Stalker almost singlehandedly wins some match-ups. I was wary because I thought Night Terror might be faster and Mist Stalker’s true damage might not quite fit, but as a finisher it works wonders.

Behemoth
Hellcat
Crimson Bat
Mist Stalker

Just theory crafted that team.

Swap out Hellcat if you want the monster theme, but making reds to feed is very nice…

Yup just had my behemoth eaten by maw. Still won though luckily haha

Maw Hungervoured my traited Behemoth yesterday on Android.

Wouldn’t troops with the stealthy trait (cannot be targeted by spells) also be an effective defense against maw? at least once the patches fix impervious, you could have first troop be impervious and the remaining 3 be some combination of impervious and stealthy and nothing could be consumed by Maw.

2 Likes

That is why i posted the glory for satan team, it is completely immune to maw. not so much vs mab. At least on steam version. Once they fix it for mobile it will be good on mobile.

I know that the Stealthy trait only applies when there’s another card to target. I know if you have 2 stealthy cards in a deck of 4 and kill the other 2 cards, the stealthy cards can be targeted because there’s no way to use the spell otherwise. I’d be interested to see this play tested because I have to think if you fielded a complete immunity team, the AI would allow them to be targeted.

I realize that might not make sense but I’m hoping you get my drift…

I was imagining it working like this, but I may be wrong since without the bug fix/patch I’m not yet certain how it works. Technically, the impervious troops can be targeted by spells, it’s just that if that spell causes devour, for instance, they won’t actually be devoured. If it flat out won’t let you target impervious troops then perhaps the stealthy trait won’t work the way I was envisioning.

It should work. I saw in Tacet’s video where an AI maw targeted an Impervious troop to devour, as such a team with 2x impervious and 2x stealthy, the opposing maw couldn’t target a stealthy so Must hit an impervious where the effect is nullified.

Maybe something like:
Behemoth (Impervious, gain life on match 4+, spell explode gems)
Sylvasi (Stealthy, spell converts blue to purple and reduces attack)
Spirit Fox (Stealthy, empowered, spell does mana drain, true damage, and yellow gem destroy)
Mist Stalker (Stealthy, bonus purple mana, spell does true damage + poison)

Behemoth tanks, Sylvasi makes purples to fill up fox and stalker to do true damage. Sylvasi’s attack reduction helps keep behemoth from taking too much skull damage. And empowered fox can get rid of yellows to thwart an opposing Mercy. Use Abyssal Banner (+2 purp +1 red, -1 yellow) since we don’t use yellow anyway.

7 Likes

Yes, I would assume 1x Impervious, 3x Stealthy would work, as would 2x Impervious, 2x Stealthy. The only combination that would not is 0x Impervious, 4x Stealthy.

4 Likes

This strategy has been reliable for me:

This week for PVP, I used this team:

Behemoth
Behemoth
Valkyrie
Sea Troll

Giant’s banner for +2 blue. Valkyrie and Sea troll fill up from destroyed gems. Spamming the board with blues provides ridiculous life to the Behemoths with Immense. Occasionally, the match will end with over 100 life on each.

The only weakness I have come across is magic loss, since damage to all enemies depends greatly on magic. I am wanting to trade out Sea Troll with Plague if I ever find one. Between Valkyrie and destroyed gems, I often won’t need to ever cast Sea Troll. Plague would provide a 3rd damage source, 3rd impervious troop, and 3rd blue to feed with Valkyrie.