Banning on ps4 bias of 505

OK the first thought wasn’t right but now there is a different problem I have…

So the players who cheated to get the gems and used the gems get banned?

But the players who cheated to get the gems and kept them to spend them later only had the gems removed? Wow that is even worse than the prior point I made :joy:

I wonder how you explain that to me :man_shrugging:t2: I am really willing to learn!

:thinking:
You request a lock on the other thread about bans.
Then try to set this one on fire after K*fka extinguished it.
65os7odbIW6pa

1 Like

Removing gems = easy fix for Sirrian

Gems spent = pain in the ass for Sirrian. Ban!

2 Likes

OK guys and girls I guess I will close the thread myself! I didn’t want to stir things up… I just want to understand how and why all of this happened
And all I have seen leaves some kind of sour taste behind :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Basically. And to be honest. I agree.
Those who simply got their gems removed should count their lucky stars.

1 Like

Yes I do think the punishment is deserved don’t get me wrong… But there is soo much that goes with the way they did this that really anoyed me…
I am a member of a top 100 guild and not only are more than 10 players gone but the trophies they played (and that had nothing to do with the cheat) got deleted and I think that is unfair for those left in the guild… We dropped about 20 places down

From my observations. Anytime a player gets banned from the game. A percentage of their trophies get taken away from the guild they are in.
Because your guild had so many that used the Exploit. It hit you perhaps harder than most.
Regardless, there’s at least consistency in that regard.
I’ve witnessed players get banned, trophies taken away… Then that player gets unbanned, but the trophy deduction remains.
This massive of a banning was unprecedented. But clearly an indication from Sirrian that he is simply tired of this bull shit.
He is tired of his folks investing time into not only fixing the actual bug. But also fixing all the issues caused by the bug.
So now, EVERYONE knows, if you Exploit the game, you put yourself at risk for a permanent ban.

2 Likes

Yeah I do understand why it was done! Totally and sure as hell I understand that they also took trophies from the players they benned aswell to make sure it is seen by other players as a sign that something like this is not going to be tolerated by the devs this all makes total sense to me!

But what I see aswell in the other topic is that people are really mad because the players who did this and wanted to keep the gems for later haven’t been punished althou they all committed the same crime

I agree with them!

If you punish… Then at least punish everyone
That would be fair

1 Like

And I really feel sorry for the devs! They are doing a great job actually and the game has enhanced greatly from what it was 3 years back when I started to play it.

They don’t deserve being accused to be the ones responsible for the mess that was created by this bug… But still I wished they would rethink the Banning strategy because that is what got the players mad! And I can really understand that aswell…

I guess this topic will be talked about for quite a long time and I hope everything is resolved in a manner with which both sides can be happy with

But then that would be a mess a well.
It looks like consensus wise. Everyone agrees that collecting mail 100 times is egregious.
So those players get banned and the ones that only did it 99 times don’t get banned?
It seems, the only line in the sand, is the folks who used the Exploit and then spent the gems.
Though I agree, anyone who did it over 100 times should be banned as well.
To me, if someone did it over 20 times they should be banned.
While others may feel, that over 5 times is ban worthy.

Sirrian didn’t say this anywhere. But I feel like…
He thought the players used the gems to make sure they wouldn’t be able to take the gems from them… And maybe those players were right. But their actions got them banned because of it.
Some ass-troll (just made it up, trademark to me.:wink:)
compared this crap to Murder. In a way I guess it is. In that their are degrees of which Murders are sentenced. But most importantly… Someone can take a life and a judge decides if it’s justified or not.
Just like Sirrian decided who gets banned and who didn’t.

1 Like

At this point I only ask that you have the same hard hand with all the great deeds we see every week

Just to make sure I get things right because this is my first time at this board… Sirrian is an official? I really get to like this board I don’t see many boards where people like Kafka and others really read what is on the mind of players and I really had my problem answerd in a way that I can sleep again :grin:

1 Like

@Kafka thank you for sorting things out for me (well at least on the first point)

I guess the second problem (the one with one group being punished and the others not) is not going to be cleared so soon!

Of course I do understand (I seem to understand more and more :joy:) that Banning players who spent the gems and just taking the gems from those who didn’t is the easyer way of handling it
Well for the programmers and the devs… But perhaps the devs think about this and find a solution to end the horrible debate!

Actually most players from my guild have understood that they did something wrong
And are going to come back with a new account to play the game in a fair way

Dude, everything got cleared already, deal with it and enjoy your ban omg.

The only one that horribly debate now is YOU, hardly i would call this a “debate”.

It’s just a monologue of a banned dude trying to either get unbanned or having more dudes get banned aswell to feel less miserable.

Wow that is very civil :grin: and no “dude” I have not been banned and if I had played that day I would have told my guild mates not to do that because i can totally see what happened after that I didn’t understand every decision the devs made and I wanted to sort it out for myself the best way I could… It is people like you who put more oil to the fire by not staying civil in the discourse and you should be banned from this forum (but I guess you would see that differently and will be in polite again :smirk:) I will sit back and wait for your well mannered reply to what I write! :roll_eyes: Perhaps you can surprise me by adding content to the discussion which I think this has been rather than a Monologe so chill dude and stop wasting your time! I don’t understand why you had to leave a reply if you think that everything had been said :man_shrugging:t2:

@Micio but that is the problem with people like you… You didn’t even care to read what I wrote because then you would have seen that nowhere I did write that I was banned :joy:

He is the creator of Gems of War (And Puzzle Quest).
He is the head honcho of Infinity Plus 2.
Everyone here with a :gem: in their picture is a developer.

Oh I see thanks for the info!

And @Kafka I guess everything is said and clear now so before anyone can say anything they might regret I would like to ask you to close the topic (because I am to stupid to find out how to do it myself)

Thank you

1 Like

The only content left to add to your “personal discussion” if block it so it stop getting bumped every hour by you, i read pretty much everything you wrote and tbh, i trust like 1% of what you said aswell.

And rofl, call “civil” a discussion you started only to accuse the devs to be dishonests cuz they dont ban ppls for what wasnt anywhere near related to an exploit (at least anyone that got a brain got it, how many in the whole thread agreed with you about those rings? ZERO).

Most of your guild got banned lol, yes am pretty sure you arent among them (And nope, you arent all day playing, you’re spamming the forum all day), that tell us what high standards of morallity was living there.

So feel free to continue your whining, i wont bother your “civilization 9 discussion” anymore cuz i wont see it again lol.

Players that claimed the gems and didn’t use them can get the assumption of mistake.
Hell, even I’ve claimed myself it like 6 times, after different guild tasks came in, before noticing that’s the same email that’ve been claimed already, then stopped because it was fishy af. I figured out that if something is fishy, it will get rollbacked or removed. Pretty much every single game removes mistakes when they find it, after all.

Players that claimed the gems and used them asap : assumption of purpose. They prolly figured out something is fishy and it will get removed. So they prolly thought to be smarter than the company and invest those gems asap, so it will get a lot harder to rollback it. And it backfired, as it turned out that there is a very simple method of rollbacking exploits, even massive and intricate
ones :joy: