Arena Worst Event Ever?

Well. I did 2 hours of arena this weekend and that’s Deffo the end of this event for me. I got my gem keys and 10 diamonds from the 1000 shards then realised that the next "reward"at a ridiculously high time price was event keys. The escalation per reward is insane. Nobody should be giving arena any time at all. Not only are the rewards appalling, the mode itself is stupid. Burn troops destroy you in no time

2 Likes

I totally agree with you @ TheCuillin

Boycott the Arena - its that simple-its so BAD, BAD, BAD.

2 Likes

I’ve never been so thankful that the devs took the low effort route. I thought they would try to make the arena event compelling like a proper weekend event. Instead I got three days to spread out the suffering of a single day arena event. I will never go past 60 writs. This way I could get 3 offers for 3 days although I got nothing good.

If I wasn’t so short on imperial deeds I think I could skip the event entirely.

I see someone else came to the same conclusion I posted earlier, that the only way to win is not to play (from War Games).

5 Likes

Done enough arena to complete the trophy achievement and that is enough for me :slightly_smiling_face: saying that, the only other time I’ll touch it is for tasks, any other time, no thanks :+1:

3 Likes

Arena of Valor is definitely the worst event in terms of rewards per the effort. I will probably either ignore it completely or play one round for the 3 gem keys most of the time, and maybe once in a while play a couple more rounds for the 10 diamonds. That will be it for me.

I think there are other events (Class Trial and World Events in particular) that are just as bad in terms of boring and repetitive gameplay. You get some decent rewards per the time spent from those events though, so it makes them at least somewhat worthwhile.

Then you have the Tuesday delve event which is just a scheduling nightmare for people that work full time. I always ignore that event because there realistically just isn’t time for me to do anything useful with it.

The only Events I really enjoy playing anymore are Guild Wars and Tower of Doom. Unfortunately those events keep getting changed to happen less and less frequently as time goes on, and instead we get more of the boring repetitive stuff. It’s too bad really.

3 Likes

ToD is great because it changes how you approach it from the usual. It requires teamwork and planning with your guild to work through it optimally. Newer players might be most helpful gathering stat scrolls while stronger players blast through floors as quickly as possible. It takes strategy and communication. I really wish they’d add more events that change the way we play.

3 Likes

Boon scrolls in ToD are a waste of sigils.

To stay on topic though, the Arena ‘event’ is the worst ever.

I guess a Treasure Hunt ‘event’ is next, all devs will need to do is recycle old code and offer crappy rewards for hours spent playing it again :laughing:

2 Likes

Is that because players now have the option to spend extra sigils for bonus stats?

Second arena weekend event, I played up to the first chaos orbs, which gave me a wisdom orb. First time, I only played up to the writs.

I can say now that I hate the arena less than I did at first after the rework. It’s gotten a bit easier now that I’m more familiar with the troops and have already tried many of them and know which ones usually pay off and which ones don’t.

That said, arena event, still the worst ever. How about giving us double the daily offers in arena during the event, 6 instead of 3? Would make things more interesting. Though it would still be the worst event ever.

Another improvement: make the diminishing returns less steep by making effort-costs increase lap-to-lap rather than reward-to-reward.

So, in lap 1, the first reward takes 45 Valor, and then the second reward costs 45 Valor, too. And so on and so forth — until the Chaos Orb costs that as well.

Then, lap 2, each reward is 90 points or whatever.

This way people could reasonably get through 5-7 laps as opposed to 2-3. I assume the max a person could personally do right now is well under a dozen (I myself only have one reward left in the third lap, and I think if I played Sat/Sun like I did Friday [8+ hours, I think], then I’d have only gotten through maybe one or two more).

4 Likes

What’s the record I wonder for the most “reward loops”? Are there any masochists out there who did 3 or more loops? Is more than 3 even possible?

Another issue is the rewards if you do bother with daily arena. For example a pet for 120 gems. You can’t visit the inventory to ascertain if this is a worthwhile investment. You have to do it blind and that’s something that will always prohibit investment. I am tier 2 after all. No coin without reason from this guy.

EDIT
I haven’t the time or compulsion to make lists

2 Likes

Any input plz before 2021

2022*

10 letters

arena is the worst event :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Arena might be the worst event, but I do like using peasant shenanigans from time to poke the enemy to death.:rofl:

1 Like