Arena Sucks (Here are some suggestions)

Wow, lots of love for keeping traits in arena!

Unfortunately, we’re removing them. Because the entire point of arena is that you fight on an even field.

2 Likes

It’s an even field the way it is with traits. When you are getting matched with players close to the same XP as you, it is likely that their troops are traited similarly.

I actually have fun traiting commons, but you want to make that worthless. How about a compromise? A clickable option to allow traits, or I’d even pay an extra 1000 gold to run a traited arena, something like that.

You guys have traits in the xbox/ps4 version, we do not and probably never did either. Would be nice to have them.

I’m glad they don’t have traits in arena on PC/mobile. I like that Arena on PC/mobile is an even playing field now that hero class bonuses don’t count.

@Mr.Strange

Except it’s not equal. Players have a Combo Breaker, the AI does not.

1 Like

Combo Breaker is NEVER applied to human players.

But maybe you meant “players have a combo breaker working in the favor to limit the AI, while the AI does not get the advantage of a Combo Breaker slowing down the human player.” ?

Traiting commons is the best way to get 1-3 gold stars on a kingdom, which gives you a HUGE boost in how many souls & glory you collect via tribute. Far from useless! I trait commons 1 time asap just for this.

The game is not a level playing field now.

1. Combo breaker is broken/off (AI advantage)
  2. Both Team have Traits. (theoretical wash, but player advantage because you can select cards that are have traits)
  3. At just over lvl 200 I get get matched up with AI controlled players that are always higher level (AI advantage)
  4. Your personal Kingdom bonuses get added to the AI team (AI advantage)

I guess everyone loves lovers Traits because its fun to trait commons, adds some character to garbage cards and is the only thing that doesn’t give the AI an advantage. Thereby enabling the player to make it to 7 or 8 wins.

Ok, are you going to remove masteries in Arena as well? Because everyone has different masteries depending on various factors, especially which guild someone is involved with. It’s not going to be equal in that manner either, since ‘equality’ is what’s important correct? Also, there should absolutely be no Kingdom bonuses, or other bonuses that are being applied currently, such as ‘same race’ bonuses. It should be completely bland vanilla.

Note, I don’t agree with that, it sounds boring and completely useless, but you might as well go the whole way with the fairness you know.

On your last point to me, yes I realize the advantage of traiting all troops to increase gold star bonuses in the kingdoms, but to me that’s not much use when the vast majority of my troops will never be used otherwise!

1 Like

Goblin is not a garbage card, neither is serpent, and i could look at the list and name a few more. Your opinion to me is wrong however it is your opinion so i will just disagree with it and not try to change it no matter how wrong i think it is. I want to change your opinion so much about commons being garbage cards.
I am a commons whore, yes pay me in commons.

You seem to think that I’ve made a decision to change things - I haven’t. We’re just fixing bugs. The point of Arena has always been to offer a level playing field. Console had a few bugs like traits being applied - PC/mobile had class masteries by mistake in Arena. We’re all just fixing bugs.

1 Like

Fixing bugs? That is the only reason arena should be technically changed unless rewards are reworked. I am happy staff is addressing this and for that i thank you if i have not already.

killerman3333,
Fair enough, yes those 2 are good cards. I guess its time to change both your Invade and Defend teams to ALL commons if they are so great.

Just as an FYI on console when playing in the Arena one can’t just cherry pick Goblin and move on (it has never come up for me yet) and then select 2 other decent troops out of the full roster.

You can not cherry pic in arena in general. However i have been able to get goblin many times but the problem is that i have no flag to back him much less traits, your arena will be the same as ours, no traits or bonuses from hero.

Not quite. There is 1 difference by design and 1 which I guess is a bug so we’ll see if this gets fixed.

The by design thing (which is a Buff for low level people, and a Nerf for high level ones, especially once Hero Classes are added) is you draft a high level weapon on Console rather than pick it from the list of weapons you have like you do on PC.

The probably a bug thing is that the Broken Spire banner does count when making blue and brown matches.

1 Like

That is a bug, als i did notice the chose a weapon is from a pool instead of those you have unlocked/bought.

1 Like

Let’s also remember something. Arena is best for new people. You get strong troops with good rewards. The money and souls really give you a jumpstart on eventually getting stronger leveled troops.

However, especially after the 2.0 PvP comes over to consoles, once you have a team that can win in PvP, the returns will be far better just sticking with PvP.

@Mr.Strange
So I guess you will also be bringing in the Refund a troop button when the console gets next patch?

With all the buffs and more importantly the nerfs coming with the next patch it only makes sense that refund option be available like on pc

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves… 1.95 (Hero Classes) doesn’t even have a announced release date yet. We are a ways off from 2.0.

1 Like

Mr. Strange mentioned they were trying to get to get the 1.095 patch out this month.

Ok good to know, 1.09 was released on PC Mar 9 so based on that time frame we can guesstimate that we should the new 2.0 PvP changes on console last week of September / early October. If all goes well…