Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Archer class hero one shot me whilst they were entangled

Playing pvp against an Archer class hero (Yasmine’s Chalice) which gives "15% chance for skull damage to be lethal"
She one shot killed my first troop. A couple of turns later whilst entangled she one shot killed my second troop. Also- seems rather more than 15% chance !

2 Likes

Putting aside the issue of deadly traits proc-rates, do you recall if the AI used 3 or 4+ skull matches?

Entangle doesn’t prevent you from using skulls, it just reduces your attack to 0. Which means a 4-match will still do 1 dmg when attacking (and at that point, the trait should be able to proc).

2 Likes

You have a good point there. This may have well been the case on reflection - so not a bug but something to
remember and beware of when playing against an Archer class :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

I’ve certainly had archer proc a killshot against me with a 3 skull match while entangled.

2 Likes

Yes, it works on 3 skull matches even when entangled, and always has. Back when Maw hunger was a devour, it could also trigger regardless of actually doing damage. Not sure if this was transferred when Kruarg got the devour trait, since testing it with his low proc rate is a pain. Most other things like Psion’s Siphon and the status “touch” traits will not trigger unless skull damage is actually dealt. Not sure about Drakk or Assassin.

Here’s a video, but its from version 2.0.1. I haven’t tested it yet in 2.1.

1 Like