Anybody else struggling with Some Light Exorcise event?

I use impervious on my first troop so the only thing that bothers me is the repetition.

Since there is no real penalty for losing a PVP match, if a Wraith insta-kills my lead troop I simply retreat and take another opponent. Same if they get a cascade that leaves my entire team frozen, stunned, and/or ensnared. It simply isn’t worth the time or frustration to try and win a match when a bad luck string gives you a losing position.

3 Likes

@Rasper - same. If BD wastes my first two troops, or my loop breaks down, I’m out. Quit and on to the next, no big deal.

Ironically, my mix of opponents seems to have improved in the last 15 minutes or so.

2 Likes

Yeah I see a lot of wraith teams this week.

I agree with you Rasper 100%. That’s exactly what I do on my PC account when wraith or an unlucky chain happens. Usually get an unlucky chain every 10+ battles or the board is against me on PC account.

I just wish I could say the same for my ps4 account.

118 in 90 comes out to about 1.3
I’ve done 876 battles and have 1,344 stones, for a slightly higher average of 1.5 per battle, but still not great odds.
I’ve had as high as 9 in a single battle when IK wouldn’t stop resurrecting, but other battles with 0.

The big problem is Explore. During the Undead event you could drop out of PVP and do Explores in Khetar or Ghulvania and get 3-4 event gems every battle without fail.

I’ve done over 100 Explores in Blighted lands and Karakoth and I’ve seen 2 a handful of times. I haven’t seen 3 or 4 a single time. 1 is most common, but offers of zero are quite common too.

I think Ivar may be right in saying that they’re testing still.

But part of it is some people just don’t want to take part in the event, and the other part is the system in place. I think they should still give troops buffs, but I think they should think about giving the stones for color of mana used.

Say one week you gather stones for killing any troop that uses red mana. Might give a better and more consistent outcome.

Overall I gotta say though I was highly surprised at just how many people would take part in these events, and how effective they would be at changing defense teams.

1 Like

Or just use a boosted troop as a snotstone dropper. Constructs are boosted this week, so make Constructs drop snotstones. You’d be “earning” the stone by defeating a boosted troop, and more people would set up a construct defense in PVP.

3 Likes

Yeah that would definitely work as well.

I was just thinking if they did the colored mana you could build whatever team you wanted. But that probably would do a lot less to break up the monotony.

1 Like

I think they’re trying to find the line between giving them away and earning them. I believe it’s supposed to be like, “if you want to earn them you can, if not that’s cool too.”

For me 500 stones seems like the best fit, but they need to nail down how hard they want to make them to earn.

I don’t think people that want to take part in the event, should have to play over 400 matches to get the stones. I also think people that change their defense team for the event should be rewarded. Maybe they earn stones 2x faster? After-all we’re helping out the community and doing what the event was designed around.

There needs to be more incentive to change our teams. Currently it’s basically just to be nice to our fellow players.

3 Likes

No, I didn’t struggling.

Yes, sort of. (To the question in the thread title).

Explore doesn’t help much.

PvP I’m seeing some daemons (I use one week troop on defence) but still lots of meta bone dragon teams.

I’m past 250 snots mostly from pvp. Not sure I’ll make the 500 this week.

1 Like

Nice idea. People that change their defense for the good of the community should definitely be rewarded.

3 Likes

Yep. We raised this when the events were first revealed.

One option I suggested was that for every 4 or 5 Snotstones players earn from invading you, you should get 1 Snotstone.

That’d incentivise me to stick out a four daemon defence…

1 Like

Yep I put out a 4 snotstone defense whenever possible to benefit the community at large. This has been the first time that I’ve been grumbling under my breath “why those ungrateful ***” when I get three or more teams in a row with no (or one if I’m lucky…no wait it’s a W/BD/C/F defense again!) daemons. Why am I the sucka? :wink:

1 Like

I have not played a lot so far, this week, and I am already at 250+ snotstones. No struggle here…

2 Likes

I left full daemons team overnight and I woke up with something like 0-10 on defense. Sorry I’ll stick with my Wraith.
Though I really appreciate people who put 4x event troops on their defense deck without complaining about other who doesn’t put full event troops.

Hey famine is daemon tho. So it’s something. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

But got to love this people who put 4 void portals. Neither do they give you event gems nor they can win that defense. What’s their edge? To make your fight last 10 minutes? What’s the point of that jerk behaviour. .

4 Likes