An option to use two or three maps at the same time

Quitting on the first turn would net zero trait stones which is a big reason for at least finishing turn 15 for those needing minor fires.

1 Like

like gold keys, you would receive gold and souls. The same as if you were to trade them in at a vendor. Of course playing to 15 turns can net you a stone which would take maybe a minute or so which is about the speed of pvp. The speed = reward= enticing players to use their maps quickly. [quote=“ogunther, post:40, topic:15205”]
The tiny bit of gold on the map?
[/quote]
Maps from quitting can easily be around 1000 on the starting board, maybe 2k-3k sometimes. [quote=“ogunther, post:40, topic:15205”]
Please tell me I’m missing something.
[/quote]

You are, this is to make maps as competitive in speed as a pvp match, which is what prevent mid-high players playing them. By making them as close to instant as possible you can net more games an hour, which also means more gold/souls an hour. People using more maps that do not equal to the value or greater would be against using maps. If 2x rewards for using 3 or more maps, with the same number of turns would deter some players from even using maps as the speed factor is still not competitive to pvp. My request was to preserve the value of the map and also make it time competitive to pvp while offering similar rewards. However one think overlooked was how the starting boards would need to be reworked so that players feel compelled to quit early if they so chose. Some players use maps for glory and quitting when you do not want to make a move is a great option. Some players in my thread have already agreed to this, however it is wonderful to finally debate an idea of this magnitude. Unfortunately we are doing it in the wrong thread, and i apologize to anyone who is not ok with this derailment.

What if, by adding the multiplier with a bulk map option, it also cut your turns down, such as a X5 multiplier for using 100 maps, but you start out with one turn. That should keep it from being too economy breaking, yet make them more useful/faster to burn through for the elite.

@killerman3333, I don’t mean to be hounding you on this but I don’t think you’ve thought this through very much. Perhaps I’m wrong but just to clarify, you are proposing that we:

1. Click Mini Games
  2. Click Treasure Hunt
  3. Click Use a Map
  4. Wait for the map to load
  5. Click “Quit Map”
  6. Click the Map to skip the animated reward screen
  7. Click the Total Reward screen

And then repeat that entire thing (in my case) 1000 or more times? Why would the Devs every agree to such a thing? Not only is it tedious to the extreme but by my calculations, it’s rewarding far less gold than you assume (see pic below). All the above for only about 500 - 600 gold and a few souls; I don’t see anyway a starting map can ever be worth 2k-3k like you say. It doesn’t seem worth it at all and it definitely wouldn’t be fun. I’ll pass.

Note: My calculations assume max gold; if some of the bags rewarded souls instead of gold, the total gold would be even less, which is very likely.

1 Like

I don’t think 1 turn would be fun at all but if the penalty was less severe it might be a viable option.

I was thinking you’d start with one, still able to use 4 matches to save a turn and 5 matches to gain a turn. It would just cut your total turn count significantly, also making it much harder to get vaults. Idk, I should have been asleep hours ago, so probably not the best time for me to make suggestions about anything lol.

Lol go to sleep you! :wink:

It’s been a long time since I played Treasure Hunt regularly but I’m pretty sure there are no guarantees of 4 or 5 matches on the first turn. If you used 100 maps and got 1 turn, I think that would be pretty infuriating. There’s no real need to go that low. 5 turns would be the absolute lowest I’d think was fair and even that is pushing it.

It’s been a long time since I’ve played them as well, but I don’t recall ever not having 4-5 big matches right at the beginning. Also (once again it’s been awhile) don’t they start with 8 as is? Dropping only 3 turns doesn’t seem like much of a penalty, however we are talking about spending 100 maps at once, so I suppose the penalty would either be soft or harsh depending on the current maps the individual has…I personally only have 180-200 maps, so I still have a while before a system like this would be beneficial to me lol

Would somebody be able to explain to me the big stigma surrounding high level players doing Treasure Hunt? I’m a high level player on the Xbox One who plays tons of maps.

I don’t really understand the argument that it’s not worth the time. This may have been true before the guild update (something that we don’t have yet on console), but I read about so many people being upset that they don’t have access to all the keys and gems they got before. Enter Treasure Hunt! Treasure Hunt is the best source of glory in the game, a good source of souls (for those that need them), and a decent source of gold, gems, and keys. You can play quick, one or two minute games and still rake in a pretty good haul. I just don’t understand why people think it’s not worthwhile doing. The consensus seems to be that the Legendary Tasks don’t really live up to their name, so for people in guilds that finish all the regular guild tasks it seems like doing a bunch of maps would be a way to at least somewhat make up for the loss in resources from the guild update.

I don’t know, I just read lots of threads like this asking for an option to increase your treasure hunt multiplier, and it seems weird that it gets so much attention, when at least for maps you actually have a way to use them. Extra souls, traitstones, and troops, on the other hand, are totally worthless once you’ve fully ascended/traited your troops, and IMHO, deserve a much higher priority (no disrespect intended).

Just curious to hear your thoughts…

You’re not really comparing apples to apples there; finding additional uses for extra souls, traitstones, etc would most likely require a new mechanic to be added to the game. Fixing the Treasure Map issue wouldn’t take an entirely new mechanic. It’d be the same Treasure Hunt, now with the option of using more maps at once which would increase the rewards.

I don’t know what differences there are between console and PC/Mobile Treasure Hunt so I can’t speak to that but I believe most of the players in this discussion are PC/Mobile players so that might account for some of the difference?

i agree 100% @einsteinle - im a pc player lvl 1039, after i get the rank 1, and my 1500 seals for my guild, i do explore with alchemist, tyri, marid, and the new hook guy… thats 20% for a map from 3 different troops! i play at least 5 to 10 maps a day and sometimes as much as 50 maps. i dont shoot for high number of moves, when i need seals i go for 60 moves other wise im good with anything between 31 and 46. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You say you play 5-10 maps a day (sometimes much higher) but how many PVP battles do you play a day? It still sounds like you play way more PvP than just to Rank up so I suspect you’re proving our point without realizing it. My guess is you enjoy Treasure Hunt and so play it quite a bit. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn’t negate what the rest of us have said.

after i get rank 1 - i stop playing pvp. i play explore mostly… maps are my main source of glory and i end the week with about 4 to 5k.

i banked a bunch of maps a while ago… i keep about 50 all the time. also with the team i mentioned 2 maps every explore is not that odd.

There are no differences right now between the two versions, as far as I know. And that’s why it puzzles me even more that most high-level PC/mobile players consider them not to be worth their time. On the console, we at least still have access to the old (more generous) guild rewards, so for the few people that are in guilds that get tons of resources I could maybe understand taking a pass on treasure hunt (I’m in the #1 Xbox guild and still think it’s a good supplement to the guild rewards, however) because at least all of their gold can go towards completing more tasks.

On PC/mobile, you don’t have that luxury anymore, so your only option for excess gold is Legendary Tasks or gold chests. And, short of purchasing something from the store, your only real option for gaining additional gems and glory/gem keys is either completing those Tasks or doing maps. To me at least, maps just seem like a much more efficient way of getting stuff.

I don’t think it’s apples to oranges, either. I would be content with a way to sell my excess souls, stones, and troops for gold or glory, which at least have outlets for their use. Those other things have no outlet. Maps likewise have an outlet; you just have to actually play them. If people don’t want to play them, that’s fine, just as they can choose to not play Arena or Explore or PvP. If you don’t play those other modes, you don’t get their rewards. I just feel like maps should function the same way, with no shortcut needed.

But that’s just me, and I appreciate your response! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me, its not just that the rewards are pitifully low, but also the mini-game in and of itself is not something I want to do for an extended period of time. If I am going to play treasure hunt at all, I’d like my ratio of “normal” game play to treasure hunt to be about 10:1, at least. If I played every map I got, not even actively farming them, and not counting the 2000+ I already have, it would be more like 3:1 or 2:1. That is too much ratio of my time spent playing a mini-game I don’t particularly like.

Even discounting the rewards, I have an issue with the static repetitive nature. I’m fine with a couple treasure hunts, but a dozen or so has me feeling like doing anything else. This is in contrast to even the “grindy” nature of farming traitstones in explore, where I can easily do an hour long block without feeling bored, and if I do, I can switch teams. Or Kingdoms.

For those avid treasure hunt players, I’m genuinely curious here, do you have any recorded data for your average total gains over an x minute period, preferable something extended like an hour? I keep hearing blanket claims like “you can get a lot of keys” and “its a good source of glory”, but really, in the grand scheme of things, how does it stack up reward wise? I realize it is pretty much the only game in town for raw gems past a certain point, but how long, on average, would it take to get enough gems to purchase, for example, a single VIP chest?

I’ll also make the same suggestion I make in most these threads: Allow spending multiple maps to boost the ratio (spending many maps for a smaller ratio increase), but limit the amount of times the multi-spend can be done per week. Even if I could get triple rewards for spending 20 maps at a time, I’d still have no desire to grind out a hundred treasure hunts in any sort of short time period anyway.

3 Likes

most of the people i have talked to go for big counts on the moves - which triggers many more red chests/vaults ands takes a longer time. I try to get nothing higher than green chests. and i try to stay with green/plain chests. i try to play for about 30 to 45 moves (based on the gem going up in the background), these are fast moves - i dont spend very long between gem matches. When those moves are done i just take a bunch of match 3 so the turns dont add up. i have been unlucky enough to get 4 glory but been as lucky as 50 glory. its hard to say - you get 50 gems and how long does it take you… i dont play like others apparently but the answer is less than 25 short maps or so (i’ve been sick this week and only got about 25 maps done - and i have gotten 50 gems.) out of that 20 maps, i had less than 3 that were 60+ moves, i also got about 500 glory (forgot tributes).

does that help?

Not sure for it was suggested, but what about having the option of using a map to get an extra 5 turns when your initial turns are complete and just repeating it till either you don’t take it or there’s no moves on the board. This would probably see use as it allows for more successful attempts to reach the seal reward if 60 turns. I think the main issue for people with a lot of maps is how much time it would take to use up what they have. 1000+ maps will take forever to play, so that in essence they are useless at that point. Gems, glory, seals, gold, souls are all instant use. Maps are the only resource that takes a time commitment to use.

2 Likes

lv 450~ish

to answer you this:

to me maps give less rewards/time spent then the explore or pvp depending what you want to do.

yes it gives a little more glory then the pvp but a lot less gold. the small loss at glory is in my opinion compensated with that gold greatly, considering whole guild activity not just your own. guild task rewards are worth the loss of glory towards then and they also give that glory back within the keys content droppings.

traitstone -wise explore is the obvious choice for me. thats when i dont want to pvp anymore or am in hurry to get that certain color traitstone

i also sign up under that.

2 Likes

Assuming you are already in the opponent selection screen.
1.choose opponent
2a.choose to scout or choose to battle
2b. choose battle
3a play a fight that can take about a minute or more to get rewards or click the gear
3b quit game/finish game
4a if quit game, you are back at the opponent select screen
4b if rewards for completing game, you go through 3-4 screens, two which give you the load wheel, and one screen which tells you if you got a trait stone.
Now considering how much you have to do timing wise to get the rewards in pvp vs a map, the fastest you can get a reward is 1 minute, vs how fast it takes to quit out a map, which i have no idea how fast that will be.

Mostly because of how treasure hunts in real life work. When going hunting in real life, if you think you have enough rewards, you can cash in at anytime. Also they can change what can possibly drop during the opening screen. Giving each reward its own rarity tier would alter further how much you can get. Now assuming treasure hunt currently works like an actual battle, quitting early nets you no rewards but the question is why? Why are you retreating from a fight that has no enemy and you leave the loot to boot? It would make sense if there was an enemy and you can’t grab the loot because you need speed to get away, however it is a map, no battles, almost like using a metal detector near a bus stop.

I can get a lot more gems from gold keys than maps. Just saying.

1 Like