An option to use two or three maps at the same time

I made a rage quit the map thread, devs sorta, may have confirmed that they would implement it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve lost count of how many times people have made this request, but they all have the same flaw: for many, if not most players, this amounts to additional resources for essentially no additional cost. Maps are trivially easy to acquire, and have only gotten easier. If you run a looping or board manipulation team, youā€™ll probably get at least one per battle. The guild task for them is probably worth putting gold into for lots of guilds now. And we now have three troops, and an upcoming hero weapon, that create maps. It almost certainly takes less time to acquire a map than it does to use one.

Unless you value playing Treasure Hunt more than you do the rewards from playing it, it would be stupid to choose not to spend multiple maps at once, for pretty much any ratio people have suggested. Except for very new players, time is the actual cost for Treasure Hunt, not maps. Offering more of a worthless resource in exchange for a better ratio on valuable resources doesnā€™t seem like a good deal for the devs.

You might as well just ask for them to buff Treasure Hunt rewards, without tacking on the offer to pay more maps. Thereā€™s no practical difference. It would take something else to make maps into a meaningful currency.

1 Like

Treasure maps have value for low level players so thereā€™s no reason they couldnā€™t implement a system that gives them value for mid and high level players, too. Putting in level caps that require you reach a certain level before you can use additional maps solves this easily.

To say it just canā€™t be done in a way that both makes it economical for players and non-game breaking for the devs is just showing a lack of imagination. :wink:

2 Likes

There were other topics about it already, found two of em:

(i think rate 10maps = 2x gain is rather more reasonable.)

1 Like

I am thinking my topic Rage quit the map, will make finishing maps far faster and per map, way more rewarding as far as time spent on each map is concerned. Also would this request be worth fulfilling, especially when the devs might have sorta said they would implement mine?

2 Likes

That would be a great addition for people playing maps for seals but it wouldnā€™t change the fact that map rewards would still not be worth it for mid-high level players.

1 Like

Lack of imagination is what Iā€™m complaining about. Everyone comes along and makes the same naive, self-serving suggestion of trading something of minimal value (Treasure Maps) for an improved resource/time ratio in Treasure Hunt. This is particularly foolish when made under the assumption that it will increase the value of treasure maps ā€“ it doesnā€™t. It increases the value of the Treasure Hunt mini-game, but actually decreases the value of each individual map. Instead of each map being worth one game of Treasure Hunt, they become worth a fraction of a game.

Treasure Hunt is considered a poor use of time, not maps. In part, this is because itā€™s currently the only way to spend maps, which in turn makes the value of maps themselves poor. An alternate use for maps could increase their value, but would simultaneously make Treasure Hunt a poor use of maps at the current reward/map ratio.

Treasure Maps are valuable to low level players because the supply is lower for them (lack of relevant troops, not being in a guild that trivially completes green tasks each week), and because the reward/time ratio of Treasure Hunt is competitive for them, once again because they lack the troops and resources to rapidly beat other game modes.

The ability to farm maps puts a limit on the resource value of each map, because otherwise the optimal approach to the game is to farm maps, which is even more repetitive and mindless than the existing game modes have become. Using multiple maps for one game of Treasure Hunt could be balanced in such a way as to improve the reward/time ratio for treasure hunt, without providing an unbalanced return for map farming, but it would most likely cause a problem if they ever introduce another use for maps.

Again, the question is whether the problem is that Treasure Hunt is of poor value, or Treasure Maps. Their value may seem to be indistinguishable, but different solutions may affect them independently.

i dont think value of maps should be increased - with that their availability would have to be decreased and thats nothing good.

i dont mind if maps individual value decreases, they are already obsolete to me so it wouldnt decrease from my point of wiev.

and i do think that minigame treasure hunt time/reward should be increased at cost of the extra maps/maps value

1 Like

Iā€™d be happy with a cash out option. :wink: aka selling the treasure map to the fool looking for gold. Have it in Blackwater. Get random treasures gems: keys, glory, gold, stones, whatever. You would still get a return on maps and it wouldnā€™t give an incredible amount. Better than sitting in my inventory. It even makes sense since newer players put more value on maps for multiple resources and veteran players know there are better ways to get resources. Or maybe Blackwater will get a new mini game for them, which would make sooooo much more sense.

1 Like

Lol ok, you have fun with that attitude.

2 Likes

@Freakynation76
I really like the idea of somehow creating another (or additional) avenue to use Treasure Maps in. That way the developers are not ā€œunbalancingā€ Treasure Hunt and everyone with 1,000+ maps can decide to use them another way if they chose. New mini games might be time consuming to create though, I donā€™t know.

Most importantly Treasure Maps and Pirates go together, like peanut butter and jelly!

@Sirrian what do you think or creating another way to use Maps, rather than buffing Hunt?

I think arena would be better if they had it with high end troops instead. That would let new players play with cards they have difficulty obtaining, that includes mythics.

if they added more mini games which cost different types of tokens to enter, we could have some sorth of token transmuting option to turn maps into a different minigame token

i think i did mention it somewhere already, but due to not enough of minigames for now tweaking treasure hunting is best silution imoā€¦

Not really, the idea might be great for seals, but with my topic it basically lets you leave at any time, including turn one. The biggest complaint i see is people saying the rewards are not good, and the maps take too long. One side thinks by increasing rewards at the cost of extra map as a good idea, however that is one way to solve the too many maps issue. Mine is another more beneficial way to deal with too many maps, and would not be too hard on the devs to implement. You would be able to spend maps faster than just playing 1 treasure hunt that uses 10 maps, unless you only get/use 8 turns.

What about being able to exit the map at any time and get all the rewards? It would not devalue the maps or treasure hunt would it?

THat is essentially what rage quit the map is.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™m understanding your suggestion: I can understand wanting to quit a Treasure Hunt if you only care about getting to 60 turns for the seals reward or quitting if the Hunt is taking too long and you just want to ā€œcash outā€ but I fail to see how quitting after one turn helps anyone. That just seems like a huge waste of time.

If you care about the number and just want to get rid of maps as quickly as possible, especially for mid-game to end-game, and are willing to use multiple maps for a reward debuff and turn debuff, then this makes maps still worth the same but ensures that the maps are not devalued. Using 10 maps for 2x rewards is a debuff because each map has lost 5x its own value, and you still have to play the map. This costs time. Being able to just quit the map at any time including before the first turn keeps the original value and you can complete more maps before it takes to complete 1 map at debuffed value.

I have over 1,000 maps; I have no interesting in opening 1,000 Treasure Hunts and then quitting them. That sounds like a great way for me to never want to play GoW again lol.

I still donā€™t understand why Iā€™d want to start a Treasure Hunt and then immediately quit it? You didnā€™t answer this question.

1 Like

I did, to preserve the value of the maps themselves. It would make them worth as much as a gold key, and about as much time as opening a 50 pack of gold keys one at a time. Actually to be honest, it might take about as much time as quitting a battle but more rewarding.

Why would it be more rewarding? Youā€™re still not answering the question lol

What is it exactly that you think weā€™d get rewarded for immediately quitting? The tiny bit of gold on the map? Seriously? You think any mid to high level player would be willing to go through all that hassle for a few hundred gold at most? Thereā€™s no way. Please tell me Iā€™m missing something.