An option to use two or three maps at the same time

It would be a nice option to double the rewards from maps with using two maps at same time. Or triple the rewards by using 3 at the same time. Players that do not like this option of course have the normal option of doing one map, available.

It could cost 4 maps, playing 2 maps at same time. or cost 6 maps doing 3 maps at the same time.

I just find maps too time consuming(compared to rewards) by only have the option doing one map at a time, and that is why I never do them, and I think more middle game players as well as endgame players would have played teasure hunt more frequently if we had this option.

What do you say?

3 Likes

I’ve made this request multiple times (though in other posts, never in a dedicated post) so I’m 100% on board with this. I have well over 1,000 Treasure Maps and love the mechanic but I have limited play time each week and Treasure Maps are a poor return on investment for mid and high level players.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is nothing new. But I can’t help it to feature it again. It would have meant the world to me. lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I wasn’t complaining. I have my fingers crossed that the devs respond and respond positively to your request. I’d love to be able to start playing Treasure Maps again; they’re fun but the rewards for 1 Map suck (unless you’re low level and then they are great).

1 Like

I did not take it as a complain, actually it made me happy that you liked a renewed post about this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ogunther Wait a little… If the rewards getting doubled or tripled for doing 2 or 3 maps at the same time, one will easily gain too much glory over a short period of time. So those that has 1000+ maps stacked up will really easily get tons of glory with minor effort, especially the master brainers…

I just does’nt get clever of how it should be done.

I imagine that if they ever find some time to implement this, it would include some penalty for using the multiplier. As in, paying 5 maps for x2 rewards for example, or 10 maps for x3. So that it’s an option for older players who accumulated hundreds of maps, but not a shortcut for the low lvls (although those ofc could use it too, if they’re willing to “pay the price”).

That’s probably the only thing that will ever make me play Treasure Hunt again. I have an idea, lets put it in the queue right behind the arena rewards update I’m still waiting for an update about (/points finger at @Sirrian). :wink:

4 Likes

Know the feeling, also I wrote an dilemma in the post above yours.(at the same moment. ;))
It might be a tricky coding, but hoping that something can be done.

I agree that it must be more expensive/costy doing 2 or 3 treasure maps at the same time tho.

1 Like

The suggestion I came up with the last time I saw this topic was to have a mechanic that required more maps for more rewards such as:

• 1 map used = 1 map worth of rewards
  • 5 maps used = 2 maps worth of rewards
  • 10 maps used = 3 maps worth of rewards
  • Etc.

This is just one example; if the Devs thought this would still result in too much rewards for minimal effort then they could make the trade off even higher, example:

• 1 map used = 1 map worth of rewards
  • 10 maps used = 2 maps worth of rewards
  • 25 maps used = 3 maps worth of rewards
  • Etc.

I don’t really care how the exact formula works and how many maps I have to spend, I just want a way for the time I spent playing maps to feel as rewarding as the other gameplay mechanics in GoW. :slight_smile:

Edit: @Fifthelement beat me to it lol.

3 Likes

Well we accumulated those maps over time in a legit way. So it will be an obvious pay-out for us if the idea ever goes live, I see nothing wrong with that. At the moment it’s a dead currency (the maps). Whatever they implement to spend them on, those who kept collecting them because TH is not worth it atm, will be able to use the mass-maps accumulated until now.

The only way of avoiding that is either not changing anything (and we keep accumulating worthless maps), or implementing incredibly punishing ratio of maps to multiplier (which wouldn’t be exactly fair, since no one cheated to get those maps, and after they were gone, no one would really bother with it afterwards).

/edit

same I suppose, even if the ratio was 20 maps for x2 multiplier, I would still use mine, because there’s simply no point in keeping them as a dead currency (then again I’m not sure if I could be bothered to do TH for only double rewards, if the ratio was bad anyway, I hope there at least would be an option to go for a higher multiplier)

4 Likes

This has been suggested numerous times, at this point I don’t have my hopes up.

I believe last time I saw a dev response it had something to do with the careful balance of treasure maps for new players vs end game players… I don’t recall the exact details unfortunately.

Honestly if that’s the only issue they’d have with it, simply make the x2 multiplier available from lvl 250 for example, and any higher one from lvl 500 (the exact numbers are just an example). Problem solved.

4 Likes

Yeah, good point! Also most with over 1000s of maps is end game players - that does not like to do maps, I believe. Sirrian has the number of this probably, how many players that has over 1000 maps.

Also when that is said, most end game players already have most kingdoms maxed out, stacked up with arcanes, glory etc. So it wouldnt gived them too much extra, possibly the chance of buying some more 50 glory chest packs from glory.

Yeah that is basically what they said but that completely ignores @Fifthelement and my solution. I don’t know if the devs didn’t see it or ignored it because they didn’t have a good answer but its silly that such a big part of the game (50% of the Mini Games) would be worthless to all but beginning players.

1 Like

I would not have complained if that trade off was implemented. :wink: I am like you and probably many others, I just wanna get rid of them with lesser effort.

1 Like

It’s not like arena is all butterflies and roses, it’s not a viable alternative to pvp either and has exactly as much point as TH at the moment (which is desperate need for doing something else than pvp or exploring), even if it’s entirely ineffective time/reward-wise.

I’m still hoping this one is not dead yet :frowning:

2 Likes

Agreed, I just never like the idea and gameplay surrounding Arena so I kind of ignore it lol.

I like the variety of teams it provides, on both sides. You do favor specific troops because of how strong of an asset they are in arena, but still most of the time you end up with different team. And you play against different teams (unlike pvp for the most part). On top of that you get to use (at least few) different hero weapons, depending on the color of the team you drafted. Like a puzzle with small numbers - you get this limited choice of pieces → make it work! :stuck_out_tongue: but it might be just me. time to get some sleep, so I wish you a good night (or morning, or a nice afternoon, wherever you are!) and see you in a few h.

2 Likes

I thought about this some more and the more I do the more I agree with you. I think the main reason I don’t like Arean is that it can take a long time to finish it; but the real issue isn’t the length of time it takes, it’s the rewards I get for that time. So I guess I dislike Arena for the same reason I don’t play Treasure Maps lol.

Have a good night! :smiley:

I would love the arena if they made the rewards worthwhile and made it so ALL cards appear at once, instead of picking by rarity.

At least that way you could try to synergize the cards rather than just picking the good ones and hoping.

3 Likes