An empty guild in guild wars

Today my guild had 2 fight a guild called Dragon Legend. My guild mates and I were surprised to see an empty guild before us. Developers, how can an empty guild exist? Not only did this deny us a victory, it also denied us crucial points. The guild under us now have managed to come within 25K points under us as of this moment. They have much more members so it is possible that they may close the gap or surpass us. This is totally unacceptable that my guild got stuck fighting an empty guild. Either that guild should not have been allowed to participate or should have given us the auto win. We got nothing.

2 Likes

If a guild is empty, it really should be struck from the GW brackets entirely. This is more than a bit ridiculous. (The problem exists on PC/mobile as well.)

2 Likes

What should happen is if they abandon guild then their guild wars is locked to either random pvp DEF or is locked to last DEF guild had

And who is registering these empty guilds for wars in the 1st place? It must be automatic, or the last guy registered the guild and left, just to be a tool. Brackets are a mess and the devs don’t know how to fix it or don’t care. Not fixing just makes another aspect of progress take forever. And that’s what they want. When a guild becomes empty coding should recognise and delete it at weekly reset (start of wars week) if it remains empty in the weeks between wars.

They guild could still get abandoned during the week. I remember players setting single troop defenses in PvP, and the game getting patched to sub in a full team to prevent easy gold gain. Why can’t Guild Wars just sub in placeholder teams to fight if the guild is empty?

2 Likes

Even just the option to click, ‘Fight’ and receive the minimum amount of points for a win, including the Defence bonus, would be better.

2 Likes

All good ideas. Either way, an active guild should not be compromised in these situations because they have nobody to fight. Maybe that’s what’s happening if a guild doesn’t register but maintains its place in the bracket as an opponent in the schedule (a code issue). Its a mess, always has been.