Alright, Here are 3 potentially Awesome ideas that can change the direction of the Game!

If yours was taken from the “my rib cage is a great place to nap” pov then we’re twins, lol.

She’s a rescue who was abused and/or neglected and has at long last figured out that cuddles are awesome, so the “grateful” comment made me wibble.

Is yours a Russian blue?

1 Like

Yeah I ‘re-edited’ my post last night to include a ‘short’ and long version, check it out I do try to listen to people’s ideas (whether about the game or how I interact in forums), as hard as it is to believe…

: P… lol

Yeah not to sound like a dink but that’s kinda it, I know it can be tough to read that ‘wall-o’-text’ but I try to stress don’t give ‘expressions about feelings’, give constructive feedback.

I know it’s a tough line (and yeah I have to take it both ways) but fan-boism will never die, in any game, and it’s disturbing how much I have to come out and ‘defend’ myself from people not so much attempting logical explanations why it actually might not work, but instead the “You Suck Go Away I don’t like the idea!!” type thing.

There’s a big difference there but yeah I know for every poster venting about my ‘dumb’ idea there’s me prattling on defending it, making both of us unproductive in the thread, lol…

‘Viridian stands his ground and people feel he needs to be more open-minded about discussing, changing or accepting that his ideas are not as good as he thinks.’

Exactly, like you said… I tried to stress in the opening post "Please don’t criticize or nay-say, just give actual technical reasons or suggestions either way (why it’s good or not good). Note, like you say, people ‘commenting’ on these ideas like they’re ‘bad’ is exactly what I would ask people don’t bring up, there’s already enough negativity in the game why ‘nay-say’ in a thread trying to change it?

If a person is happy with the game then leave it at that, I think maybe when there’s nay-saying going on it tends to ‘rain on the parade’ of the few hopefuls left.
It’s kinda psychological thing where I’m trying to give people hope for the ones left that want to see the game change, put enough negativity in an idea and it will never fly, regardless of how ‘great’ it truly is.

That was my intention with the premise of the replies I wanted for the post, I see though that was a bit too wish-ful thinking but it’s cool it comes with the territory right, can’t worry about the nay-sayers so much anymore.

I do respect posts like yours and I made a point of saying I will not play ‘defender’ to nay-sayer posts anymore, as I done a few already like that now it’s just discussing the ideas with interested players,

cool thanks for the post keep up the good work

I changed the opening post into both a ‘short’ and long version last night, I hear you guys I know it was a necessary change (lol I realized I had to start doing that on my steam reviews a long time ago so I know what you mean, lol)

Yeah but I mean that’s the oxymoron isnt it? How do you have a valid ‘back and forth’ without typing (‘more’).

I always try to get all the necessary points I feel across, and unfortunately if it takes a lot of writing to do that I don’t know what to say,

: (

You have a valid back and forth by letting someone else say something without going on and on (the way you did in your reply to me). Have you ever tried to have a conversation with someone that won’t stop talking?

I think this might be part of the problem. People can only deal with so many points at once, so try taking one at a time and let people process things in manageable chunks.

9 Likes

Yeah I mean lots of people probably thought of that before, but it (showing a technicality here) won’t fly in terms of game design because people purposefully ‘choose’ how to make a team, so if you negate a certain colour, troop etc it destroys the whole ‘pvp’ aspect (mind you it would work as an AI type thing).

This is arguably already done with explore mode in kingdoms that give you a general set of troops set to each kingdom, but again it’s not ‘real’ pvp so you don’t get the rewards as such.

Perhaps elaborate more on the potential filters besides the specific troop, let us know!

Alright, that comes across as ‘attackish’ but I know you probably didn’t mean it that way lol, so yeah, I mean this a forum right, you make a post, read a post, etc

There’s nothing stopping a person from ‘reading’ chunks at a time of a post.
Basically the ‘onus’ is on my to get all my points across in a fair and justifyable manner (each post by quoting etc), if I don’t get people ‘stressing’ at me will then say, “See! You had nothing to say to that! I knew I was right I win!11” etc.

I hear you but check this out, look at the guy in this very thread with the white and red sig, very cool, he comes right out and says, ‘Hey i like your ideas didn’t have time to read it all will get back to it later!’

How cool is that?

My take is why can’t more people be like him? Instead of trashing my ideas or ‘method’, then using double-talk by saying my points aren’t clear, but you ‘write too much anyways’ so I won’t bother reading what you say.

Obviously, lol!!, I’m saying this as a general statement, -not- to you directly or as some kind of attack, lol, I think you get what I mean just trying to do my best here, one sec next point

Yeah same idea like the one poster, these are words you have the power to read as you see fit, I feel it’s more appropriate I make my views fully clear instead of ‘hoping’ people will understand I need to come back later to type more, when they ‘feel’ like reading.
We all know people are ruthless - give them an ‘inch’ (by making things shorter and easier to read), and they’ll simply ‘take a mile’, turn it around and say I’m dumb I don’t have valid points etc.

It’s a tough call, it’s tough to affect a change en-masse why do you think the devs don’t show up in most game forums?

They know no game can match the brutality of fighting where egos are involved, whether mental (with words) or otherwise, lol…

(and yes, that’s why I wanted this to be ‘technicalities and logic’ only, to not involve ego-fighting… as a human being with feelings it’s tough to have people come out and trash your ideas not with technical views, but with general dissing, and then not try to come back to defend myself somewhat… I done enough of that in the thread already though won’t need to do it more, sorry how long this post was… : (

Sorry about that - what I meant was that your reply to me was exactly what I was asking for: a brief and focused reply that didn’t go on and on. I made an edit or two to try to fix it, but couldn’t quite get the words right.

A similar metaphor is the one about taking a lot of rope to hang yourself. The more words you write, the more opportunity there is for others to use what you say against you or to contradict yourself, confuse others, etc. Personally, I value clear and concise communication.

4 Likes

This is kinda what I’m getting at (obviously meant in a general sense to all readers, not you Ivar etc), can we more try to visualize the ‘message’ and go with that, instead of focusing on the ‘messenger’, who, like -all- people, will have his faults and failings, including being very verbose and ‘going on’ about things etc.

Guys you’re dealing with a very quick thinker here who’s very ‘right-brained’.

That means sit me down at a table and I’ll go through every little step at how to make this (these ideas) all possible and plausible, including how various players and player types would feel about this and that, potential profit (or loss thereof), etc.

My ‘downside’ (very rambly seeming) comes at the strength of being able to see 100 viewpoints at once, text is a terrible format to convey a wholistic expression.

There’s a reason there’s a saying “A picture is worth a thousand words”, I suppose I need to take the time to write out a more succint plausible way to explain this stuff, but yeah it’s going to come across ‘long’ and boring perhaps.

cool thanks!

You’re going from one end of the extreme to the other. I am a westerner, I think, not quite sure what it means though, STILL I am in a very different timezone. I really do wonder whether the majority of the players are in yours by the way. But it’s late and I’m going to sleep now. Goodnight.

1 Like

Seems this type of stuff about ‘bringing back dead threads therefore you SuX!!1’ is common on forums,

I’d ask people remember not everyone was/has been on the same said forum for the equal amount of time other people might have been.

No problem on that I know it wasn’t an attack, but be aware that commenting that somehow a person is ‘bad’ for looking for a thread ‘in the past’ before they joined the forum (both of which the joining and the thread were actually both relatively recent), is not quite acceptable.

Please consider that, it comes across as an ‘attack’ to say that a person who is trying to ‘find others’ that share a similar view, is somehow now a ‘bad’ guy for trying to do so.

There’s a reason forums exist and it’s in fact, for this sole purpose, to bring people together to share a common bond and interest in things they’re passionate about.
Are we supposed to delete all threads older than 2 months?

hmm.

yeah I mean, again, what’s up with that?.. the first part was excusable, like you say…

but to rub in it implying a poster is somehow dumb because he’s trying to find others in a topic he shares?

hmm…

I’m noticing this is becoming all-too common (not an attack but a mental note to myself to include in the original post) –

There’s nothing in these ‘ideas’ that are any more ‘complicated’ than the process of having put in the ‘new’ pvp as it was changed from before, the forge, etc.

I can’t stress this enough, with the things they done to the game already, and how they put in things that were truly ‘totally new’ (like the forge etc), why do people bring up the notion that ‘it’s too difficult to put in’.

I’m not attacking I’m saying that’s a moot point, nobody knows how long it’ll take to ‘code in’ and since real proof exists of changes that were bigger than even these ideas, then saying ‘it’s too tough to code’ is a relative statement nobody will ever know for sure, so it becomes, (sigh I know I hate to say this), ‘nay-saying’…

I’ll stress I know it’s my fault need to go make the op post longer to mention it.

Its like saying, “well I do want to get in shape… -but-…”… there is no ‘buts’ you either make the time to do it or you don’t, (you either think these ideas are ‘cool’ and want to see them put in or not, justifying why they 'can’t, without being a coder for the devs and knowing the actual time, just comes across like negativity… : /… )

Download? I play injustice while streaming videos at the same time, not sure how ‘downloading’ anyting has anyting to do with anything.
It’s the year 2020 and the government has brainchips running off wifi ready for you, I strongly don’t feel like whatever they gotta ‘add’ to the game will break it at this point.
Like you said though, it’s downloaded ‘once per match’, that for sure isn’t going to break anything.
Okay about the Hero thing, actually listening to feedback and considering it I think it might be more plausible to, instead of custom crafting cards, rely more on simply having better choices for your hero, who is in fact already starting to ‘show’ the premise of this 1st idea.
In fact posters often remark (in attack mode) at me ‘why do you say you’re speaking on the devs behalf!! how dare you!!!111’, well look at the hero, he’s a great example, he started off useless but you could see (in the past) the ‘class’ menu with the ‘coming soon’ thing.
They then, over time, got it to a point where you could argue he’s almost customizable.
I feel the main Hero is a good blend between idea #1 and something workable in the game, but they need to ramp him up with proper skills and abilities.
Basically I’m saying they should enable you to have an ‘active pool’ of traits you can change up, instead of making it the hard way by having to choose a specific class, then hoping it has the ‘one’ trait you want while being forced to take another 2 that are lame.

Guys, look at it another way regrding ‘custom’ cards. When you include your hero do you not ‘select’ which weapon he’s going to use?
Correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t that basically choosing a ‘special cast ability’?

And there’s freakin like 100 weapons no less. Well simply imagine having a ‘pool’ of spell abilities, just like the weapons as is now, and on top, you select the characters traits, – just as the hero has now --.
You’re really going to tell me it’s such a big deal ?
I’ll have to kindly agree to disagree on that, nobody can speak for the devs on the feasability of such a design, especially when it’s almost in-game already.
I’ll mention this in my opener post.

Alright wait a sec, you’re helping me figure stuff out, I’ll write more in a sec (on idea 1)

complicated is relative, it’s a persons job like mine to simplify things

alright, kindly agree to disagree on that. Why? because it’s practically already done with the ‘flag’ bonus system.
More on that later…

This is critical, to the people that can’t stand pvp now, it has to be said for them…
" – So why in the world is that a ‘bad’ thing?? – "

lol that’s the whole point of my idea, to ‘spread out’ the units so that even if you’re going to 10 trash repetitive teams constantly being used, at least that leaves you with another 20 that aren’t.
Basically 20 good matches out of 30 in pvp is far better than the ratio now of 1 good match out of 10.
I hope readers can chime in on this as by trying to make it sound ‘bad’, you kinda show what the whole point is (that it’s ‘good’ because it spreads out pvp), lol

interesting I think this is the ‘hardest’ thing that might be to put into the game (this is about point number 3, cool-down timers, for readers reading this), code-wise, because it changes the fundamental way a match is played (was programmed). but like all ‘it’s too tough to implement’ talk who the heck knows.
In terms of the actual gameplay itself, I strongly feel (as anyone who looks at or played the other Puzzle Quest series) that it would have massive repercussions in the pvp realm, where people would actually start ‘enjoying’ it again as it would prevent constant whole-team kraken wipes etc.

Remember I’m going to try to do a post about those 2 points thoroughly soon,

cool thanks!

Sure, but I’d like to think (whether wrongly or rightly, and honestly over time I believe it’s ‘rightly’, apart from the few types that will -never- really pay attention or think with their heads instead of their emotions etc), that being more clear and concise involves the necessary wording to state your case/position.

lol, A lot has to do with personality types clashing, I try to stand my ground though because it tends to be the ‘types’ that resonant with my thinking will come through in the end, you just have to wade through the ‘others’ to get to them.

No offense @Viridian, but I have a lot of respect for anyone that actually took the time to read all of your posts, because holy smokes, you’re so prolific that your Collected Works won’t fit in a library :scream:

(This is an OFF-topic post so people not interested -skip- reading this - the ‘attack’-types of people ready to say ‘shut up’ etc)

You know what , I wanted to add something because I respect how you’re trying to talk to me and bring sanity (the original intent, lol) back to this thread.

You know I totally get what you mean, there’s nothing worse than a person going on about something, usually something their ego’s attached to, and never getting a chance to get a word in. (note this can include defending something that’s ‘stagnating’ that is past the point of defending…)

But you know what? there’s a flip-side to that, there’s also the experience of having something deep and profound to show and share with someone, and when you try to ‘get the point across’ they can’t ‘see’ what you mean.
Then you’re all excited and try to explain it to them, any possible way you can, but all you get are subtle laughs or other extreme outright ‘shut your mouth!’ type stuff.

An example would be like trying to tell people how awesome it is to work out, you try to explain how great it is to be in shape, how it feels, what it’s like to get pumped… etc … but then you realize you really ‘can’t’, since those are all ‘feelings’ and even on top it has to be ‘seen’ to be understood.
You realize words can only do so much and it’s not long before you realize if you keep going you’re just going to annoy them as some kind of fanatic.

It’s common knowledge, to certain groups of people after a certain point, that the ‘dreamers’ (visualizers) have a certain place in society and unless they find an actual outlet for the way they think it’s tough going dealing with the majority.
The majority seem to always be happy with what they have never thinking that everything they’re “used to” was -all-, once some crazy ‘radical’ idea.

‘Seeing’ things in a game is like the same type of thing, if I could relay what it would be like, to log in, click ‘World PvP’, see the cool map come up, see all the ‘UnSeiged’ icons under each kingdom, begging to be attacked… Click on the ‘troop’ roster tab, see which flags haven’t been assigned, etc etc

I mentioned I’m going to do a more thorough post trying to convey this ‘walk-through’ of these ideas.

Bottom line (and back to topic), is that this ‘kingdom take-over’ and heroes idea is inevitable (think I mentioned another game is already trying to do it, but it looks too convoluted Gems could do it ‘better’…), Gems either meets that new standard or becomes sub-par to the next ‘Match-3 Strategy with RPG elements game’

Thanks. With respect, I think I’m going to bow out of this thread now as I honestly don’t share your enthusiasm for the inevitability of the World PVP idea. My last comment would just be an encouragement to you to make sure that you’re taking part in a conversation here and not just sending your words out into the ether. “Likes” and meaningful responses from other posters should be the clue that someone is actually reading and mentally engaging with what you’re saying.

3 Likes

lol OFF-TOPIC post guys skip if you don’t want to read! thanks

lol, you know the funny thing is, for every usual word I speak, I spent probably 50 hours reading/looking/practicing and experiencing all kinds of different topics to get to a solid understandable conclusion regarding said topic, lol…

(I basically never talk unless I feel something valid can and has to be said, crazy I know lol…)

I like to joke around too but anyways lol…

guys sorry about these points, to make it more productive, please check out the effect of “Mercury” on a persons personality, yes from Astrology.

It’s true that those under the power of Mercury tend to not only think fast (appearing hyper to others) but are also very linguistic, so tend to speak with an abnormal amount of articulation etc…

Trust me I don’t ‘try’ to behave like this it’s just how I am, it has it’s benefits and faults like all other traits and abilities…

Yeah I learned well recently that’s by far the best way to gauge things, which includes that premise of me wanting to see the kind of reaction to it (me attempting at bringing this type of stuff across).

This thread needs more time to be seen, I do want to clarify things better visually so people can get a better grasp of it.

We’ll see what happens, cool thanks for the posts!

1 Like

It’s not good to revive old discussions unless there is some sort of update on the matter i guess. You should/could certainly start a new thread using the ideas and perspective you got from your readings.

As people pointed out already, you are being very passionate about your ideas, it isn’t a bad thing per se, but you overdid it by literally spamming that old thread. Ever heard the say: “Too much of a good stuff…”
Well, consider being more moderated in this sense and i believe you will be in much more agreeable terms with everyone. Push too hard in one direction and stronger will be the resistance you encounter.

Hmmm… if you take a little break from this general idea you have maybe you could appreciate another perspective. The Soulforge, and the Hero were conceived within certain rules, and these rules are all coded to work with a database of possible cards present in the game. You can imagine it as being a room full of cards, with a small subsection dedicated for the hero and all spells and classes.

In order to introduce mechanics allowing you to create or rearrange the properties of cards in some fashion you would need to break some walls, build another room and make sure there are no flaws to be exploited in all that. I agree it could be done. But from the developers point of view would it be worth the trouble?

From your perspective it would, probably, but if it would be implemented, once it’s all done and finished, there is more to be worked with like balancing issues as mentioned before. Making a quick “math”:

• Balancing issues with cards + regular schedule of events + bugs needing fix = Right now.

• Balancing issues with cards + regular schedule of events + bugs needing fix + new feature with custom cards(balacing issues + possible bugs + possible exploits) = The direction you envision for GoW.

Honestly, it’s more about being realist about why your ideas have little chance to be taken seriously. Again, they are not impossible, but as i and others said, they are mostly unfitting…

Please, don’t be ridiculous. Enough with this non-sense…

This is a real talk: The game had to migrate to new servers once it became too big. So as much as making small downloads wouldn’t hurt us players, it would certainly require more server bandwidth for communication per requests and space to keep every new card the players decide to create and as such it would require extra investiment…

How the devs would be supposed to cope with the costs of creating a new code/feature that would require even more investiments with new servers? I’m making a few assumptions on the matter given how much common knowledge we have on the company’s number$, so yeah, i’m assuming they can’t take a lot of risks involving money…

But for any business model it’s hardly a good idea to make an investiment that will require another investiment with no projection for profit…

These are basically the important questions pertaining to the costs and possible profits of your idea:

- If we could “create” our own cards, why would we even bother chasing some newly released cards if we can edit our hero to be like the new card for free?

- But if the newly released cards are always better than our hero can be, why would we need a feature to make a subpar card?

- If there is a balance on how good new cards are and how good our hero can become, why would they introduce a new feature to edit cards if the result is basically what we have now?

5 Likes

First and foremost @viridian Welcome to the GoW Forums. I have been following these posts with reserved humor.

I will address your op with brevity.

1. Cool idea but does not fit THIS game imho.

2. Really like this idea, might be better as a new game mode then an alteration to PVP, again imho.

3. Could be implemented with new cards as a new mechanic but making this kind of systematic change to core mechanics would be too big a change, imho.

Finally, allow me to offer a personal comment from me to you. I am seriously befuddled by you. :confused:
I think you have some good ideas and I respect your ability to stay light and funny despite some backlash. I think you might be a great contributor to the forums if you take people’s advice and communicate with respect and brevity. Keep the good ideas coming and don’t worry about defending your posts against every counter point and I think it’ll be a productive relationship. Again imho.

:wink:

5 Likes

You know it’s @Lyya’s “job” to make me consult the dictionary/thesaurus every now and then right?
Et tu Efh313… :wink:

3 Likes

Keeping you on the up and up is the responsibility of the entire forum. I’m just glad I could do my part! :wink:

2 Likes