Allow 1 hour pet rescues with 24 hour pet rescues

Traditionally, the chance for a new gnome was taken out of the chance for a treasure gnome. Treasure gnome was the first gnome implemented, it had a chance of 6:6 to get picked. When pet gnome was added it received one slice of the treasure gnome chance, making it 5:6 for treasure gnome and 1:6 for pet gnome. The same happened for every other new gnome, so each of them now has a 1:6 chance to get picked. The pet gnome chance always remained the same.

1 Like

I personally love the down time on Wednesday after playing for hours on end for the Faction delve event on Tuesday. It’s a nice breather. And yes, I’m aware I don’t have to do them, but FOMO.

Ok, but there are now 7 gnomes other than Cederick:
Treasure
Glory
Soul
Jewel
Mecha
Pet
Daemon

If all have same chance to spawn, than rates are 1:7… If any other is being added in future → rates will drop even more :wink:

1 Like

There’s a bit of a catch there, not all gnomes show up in every game mode. It’s still 6 gnomes for anything but PvP/Arena. I’m not sure how pet gnome currently fits into those modes, there’s likely some special handling in place. I’d hope that he has a constant slice that always stays at 1/6, with the other 5/6 getting distributed among the other gnomes. At least that would be smoothest way to handle a design situation like this, adding extra gnomes while still preserving what matters most to players. However, I’m afraid the devs might be well past the point where things that matter to players are given any thoughts.

Finished my daily tasks for the day, which means pet hunting time! Finally, found a pet gnome! It’s a difficult fight, I thought I was going to die… Success! Wait, why am I only getting pet food? Where is the pet?

Oh. Right. Today is Wednesday. :woman_facepalming:

Nothing to do in game. I am off to go play another game, as the devs have designed for Wednesdays.

6 Likes

Wednesday is grind-Explore-for-Nysha-medals day. Saturday too, this week. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But yes the 24h rescues blocking 1h rescues is annoying.

3 Likes

Normally I would agree but I have three nysha medals already. I can’t be bothered to medal troops. Nyshas are too rare a drop to farm. :rofl:

1 Like

Farm traitstones! (unless ofc, all your troops are shinny 3-trait troops) :laughing:

Almost. Got tons of traitstones. I prefer buying arcanes with glory. I just want my pets. :sob:

1 Like