Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

AI caught cheating

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

It’s been reported before but here is an SS… you can see the AI doing its move on a full board of blue gems that I just converted with Valk… it lagged for 3-5 secs and gave the turn to AI with this board…

Obviously what was suppose to happen… There is tons of 4-5 gem matches that didn’t pop

What are the steps to make it happen again?

I’ve noticed it happens about 1% of the time that I cast Valk, doesn’t matter what day or time… For the record, this happened yesterday around 5pm EST.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

EDIT: I did say 1% of the time that I cast Valk but it’s not accurate it’s way less chance more like 1 match out of 100 (I do cast Valk about 2-3x per match on avg)


Finnally someone else has gotten a picture of this, i showed this bug during a livestream twice! However it was of mostly terrible quality. Thank you for getting this picture.

Yw! The more the merrier to catch bugs :smiley:

My guess is a memory leak during the 3-5 secs lag before giving the turn to AI but I’ll let the programmers do their job :joy:

I got the same bug on my android phone. I also noticed the game was lagging a lot. I even rebooted the phone but that did not solve the lag. I don’t understand how this could occur just now, without a version update, but it does seem that there is a memory leak somewhere indeed. I hope it gets caught, I’m afraid to lose my current win streak because of that.

I got this bug on pc, not sure if memory leak or not.

We are aware of this issue.

1 Like

what are your theories on the issue?

For what it’s worth, I’ve never seen this issue on iOS 9x (iPad Mini 3) after a coloured gem conversion. But skull conversion sometimes starts causing a lot of lag.

It may be that v2.0 of Gems uses a LOT more battery power than previous updates. My device overheats during gameplay. The same is reported by several people in my guild for PC Steam, and for Android phone, to the point that they curtail their daily gaming because the phone now gets “hot as a brick”.

Device overheating might cause some of the gameplay errors we’re seeing.

Perhaps the devs may need to invite in some optimization consultants for the various operating systems. For example, I know that Microsoft was recently bragging that their Edge browser chewed through less battery power over a longer timeframe than competing browser software. But Microsoft has an inherent advantage in that they have better knowledge of how Edge could hook into their own O/S, making it more efficient. Anyway just my $0.02 on the subject.

1 Like

The time i encountered this it was also due to Valkyrie, and i also had a goblin team as opponent, so might have even been shaman’s turn after.

goblinuminati confirmed!