After Updates, Sarcasm is my Best Defense: What’s Yours?

Ha! Well, nothing to worry about. Without all of your ascensions, traits, mythics, levels, naked lions (etc) my copy cat attempt is about like this:

4 Likes

Probably because they are tired. I can beat goblins. Few losses here and there but hey I am playing on warlord II or warlord I difficulty mostly so if I get bad rolls I lose. But all and all goblin teams are defeatable.

It’s just that its so tiresome to be facing off one gob team after another. Sometimes its not pure gobs but have 3 gobs and a slime but all and all I still count them as goblin teams.

I rather face dragon team since they are more rare than freaking gobbos who are everywhere.

1 Like

For defense I use dragons (cele/bone/shadow/Sheggra).

I go from 7-8 consecutive losses to streak of 9-10 wins.
Only recent change to explain that is giving Agile trait to Celestasia.
I faced Majere’s dragons and they are scaring, but his dragons are more “traited” than mine ad I have only Celestasia full and others with 1st trait only (but all to level 19 except for mythical shadow)

1 Like

I haven’t thought of my defense yet. At the moment i am still using 2x Webspinner, Goblin Shaman and Hobgoblin. Thanks to nerfing Webspinner and Goblin Shaman they have become quite uneffective now, so i am forced to change them…

1 Like

I’m still wondering who you guys are facing who is fielding goblin teams all the time. This time in PvP run, ran into 3 full goblin teams, one fully decked out with traits (something like level 500? my first real high level) who I lost against. A couple others had a couple goblins but not a full team. Out of 25 matches or whatever it is to get to PvP 1.

Also ran into one Rockwurm team and one, maybe two Skeleton teams (both ran that Construct-looking guy who generates Purple Gems and uses Red/Blue to power up).

Everyone else was a variety of troops who don’t really stick out, maybe some Webspinner/Jarl Firehammer/Venoxia/some Imps teams (not all on the same team) come to mind.

1 Like

For defense I’m using a mostly Fey team. I just got Defender unlocked on Gloom Leaf and I have Fey Bond on the Dryad and Seer.

Feys? Feh!

Dryad - Fey Bond, Bless
Webspinner
Gloom Leaf - Defender
Green Seer - Fey Bond

Comments from the peanut gallery on either troop positions or types? I should have Bless unlocked on Seer eventually, just need to collect some more minor winds. I have the spinner in there to provide more green but I’m thinking of replacing it with a Treant once I have it leveled up. If I had another Gloom Leaf I definitely would run it as Gloom x2/Dryad/Green Seer.

1 Like

Woke up to 3 revenge today. All 3 had a true shot with 20 atk in first slot. Quit out of all 3 matches. So much fun…

1 Like

That’s not true. Once you have three Revenge battles lined up, you can still be invaded and appear for others in pvp - if they win they are added to the Revenge battle list and the oldest one is removed…

1 Like

Without the number going up? IOW when it says 2 win 3 loss it might have been 10 losses really and say goodbye to my gold without chance?

In the past there were >3 numbers, when it was fixed I expected it was not done by falsifying the display.

1 Like

No, the number goes up. It still records all defence wins and losses in the totals that generate the (rather unexplained) rewards. But only the three most recent losses are shown as available for revenge battles.

Falsifying the display? LOL. You do always assume the worst of the efforts the devs make… There have never been more than three revenge battles on offer, it’s always been this way…

1 Like

Now I’m really confused what you state. Since the fix I never saw the number of attacks over 3 unless fought off before getting out of the pvp panel. Even when they were coming at insane rate.

So is the number display s correct, then the incoming is on hold until there is a place for an entry. Or if the silent overwriting actually happens then the number must be lying. Which will it be?

1 Like

We’re getting wires crossed here, I’ve no idea what ‘fix’ you’re talking about. Sorry, let me try and make it clearer.

When you click into pvp it pops up with how many defence wins and defence losses you’ve had since you last clicked into pvp.

Based on the number of wins and losses it also pops up (at the bottom of the screen) your loot (using formulas that @tacet I think has listed out).

If there’ve been any defence battles since you last went into pvp, the pvp icon on the map screen will have the flashing ‘!’ showing that you have loot to collect.

After this you get the pvp menu with the ‘invade’, ‘revenge’ and ‘defenders’ icons. Clicking revenge takes you to the screen which lists the three most recent players that beat your defence - i.e. your three most recent losses. You can battle these guys back as a revenge battle, against their own defence team.

This revenge screen used to be called ‘defend’ battles, but ‘revenge’ makes more sense. It’s only ever showed three opponents, the three most recent ones.

If you battle one, it’s removed from the list.

If someone else invades you and wins when you already have three on the list, this newest enemy goes onto the bottom of the list - the top (oldest) one is removed and the others go up one space.

If you’ve had five enemies invade and win since you last clicked pvp, then it will pop up with five losses and give you loot, then revenge will show the most recent three of them. The other (earlier) two of them are ‘lost’ as revenge battle opportunities as you didn’t click in time to see them.

It’s always worked this way.

Thus if you care about revenge battles (which are cheaper than invades) then you should hit pvp regularly and clear any revenges immediately to get them before new ones ‘over-write’ them.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This runs counter to what I have seen since I started playing. I have never had more than 3 defense losses show in the summary / rewards overlay. Wins I have seen go higher, but never losses. This is regardless of whether I check regularly throughout the day or wait until the end. Also while ranking I have gotten jammed with potential revenges that were too risky to hit back until I hit rank 1. In those cases I got no more revenge losses noted until I clear one of the three. This is while pushing to rank 1 over the course of a day. Another example is I rarely have time for more than one or two battles during the day at a time. Each time I return to the overlay screen showing me a number equal to the number of slots I left open (1 or 2), never more than that.

Something seems off in either how it works currently vs a time way in the past or our understanding of what we are referring to. Or perhaps some difference between PC / Apple / Android versions? I only play on the iPad.

-Razlath

1 Like

Well, it indeed “always” worked that way up to 3-4 months ago, when it was announced as fixed and you get NO more incoming attacks when your list is full with 3 entries. The announce perfectly matches what I see in the game, to have more incoming battles I must fight off some on the list.

In order to see a number over 3 I must remain within the pvp panel and keep playing defends – then I get the report retroactively on the button.

Certainly when it fill sup and reports 3 I can’t tell if the 3 entries are correct or not, just that they properly match the number.

So restating what I said: from what I see the overwriting is NOT happening (for several months now) or it is, and the reported number (along with the loot) is incorrect.

1 Like

I must have missed that announcement of the ‘fix’. Would be very pleased if someone could show me it. Will keep an eye on the pop ups as I’m sure I get more than three losses register… Tho I’ll have to put a crappy defence team on again as my current one is nasty…

1 Like

What we fixed was that you would receive no more attacks than 3 that would steal gold with in 24hrs after the first attack. You can be attack more than 3 times, but only the first 3 will be able to steal gold and register as a revenge battle (so you could recover the gold).

7 Likes

Ah ok, so my description was nearly right… Just the revenge list records the earliest three attackers not the latest three attackers…

Cheers!

1 Like

My defense depends on the weekly Event Kingdom. This week it’s Adana, so I’m using a full Adana team.

It’s pretty inefficient, but I’m not interested in Defense Victories. I just want to let people face something else than Goblins, Skeletons, Centaurs, etc.

1 Like

And that pesky 24h grace period… Appears in order to get the overwriting you have to leave the defense list alone for over a day but start playing invades to trigger more attacks.

Now I’m running experiment on incoming attacks. I played up to champion on first day and more pvp to 100-ish trophies processing all the defenses, the last ones Tuesday afternoon. At Wed noon my list no more incoming attacks and list is empty.

I will not play PvP the rest of the week at all, just record the incoming attacks. Will report results after the event ends.

1 Like

Same here dragons but I use venoxia Instead of bones. Good results

1 Like