Abilities not working (PS4)

Is it just me or have Arena’s become way more difficult? I can’t seem to get more than 5 or 6 wins before the AI decides to go bonkers and take seemingly like 1000 turns and destroys me.

Also Brian’s ability says “Increase a random skill on all other allies by x” amount not some allies some of the time. He seems to only do 1 or 2 allies allot. By the way my Brian is level 15 so he increases by 5.

Also has anyone else had the experience of the computer matching 3 gems and just randomly taking an extra turn for no reason?

These issues are getting very frustrating and makes the game allot less fun when things aren’t working like they say they should.

They increased the level of the troops to 15, and the Hero is weak right now, so I’ve found you either get a good draw and can win all 8 or you don’t and you’re probably going 0-2. Feels very unbalanced.

Yeah, that happens. I notice it almost every match. Our version of the game has been… “broken” since they changed the economy a week ago. I detailed it a bit in this: The AI cheating since the economy hotfix is absolutely insane - #34 by TaliaParks

@Studs Again, this is Console. In our Arena the Troops are still level 10.

I read everything about the PC/Mobile version and just read the 1.09 Update Preview Part 2 thread where they are going to kill the combo breaker because of this quote exactly. They saw huge chunks of players with either 0 wins or 8.

Obviously they (developers like @Sirrian) think it’s something wrong in the game code, when in reality it’s the stupid random draws on Troops.

actually it looks like its not killing it, because we were able to set a difficulty at normal and not have it on at all. Now they are removing that and putting in a it will turn ON automatically after a certain number of wins.

@kzintiwife The combo breaker is what stops cascades. As you get more wins in Arena, the AI’s combo breaker will slowly be “turned off”, making the matches harder. And yeah, they are removing difficulty from Arena so now you HAVE to play with that code whether you want to or not.

And this is why i try not to forum when tired, sorry i stated it backwards. was thinking in terms of putting the cascades back on. (i started before difficulty)

i play on normal. so its going to be making it harder. like it was in 1.0.7 which i almost didnt keep playing because i am really really unlucky with random number generator things. cards - lucky, rng - unlucky. and from a stats point of view i know this is true. i kept track for a whole year once.

The most you can get out of any battle (by any method) is 40 souls + soul bonus multiplier (75% in your case.)
Conveniently, this means casting Valkyrie 6 times in a battle always gives you maximum souls.

1 Like