A New Mythic Approaches - Skadi

Has anyone tested what happens when an Umberwolf and a Skadi are on opposing teams? Whose trait fires last?

I think the mechanics to make one storm lasting over the others would be hard to code.

Managed to get her, although I’m still very annoyed at what happened though. Its quite BS to spend $800+ of resources for one Mythic, and then the looming threat that there’s another Mythic coming in 2 weeks??

Well, Skadi is a lot better than I expected:

1. For 25 mana, it fills almost instantly after an exploder explodes.

2. Where as Umberwolf has been awesome offensively, her blue storm is quite annoying defensively as most of my teams aren’t blue oriented. Of course, when I do have a team built around her, the AI teams are quite limited in effectiveness from the blue gems.

3. The troop shuffle puts the 1st troop in the 4th slot and the 2nd troop in the 3rd slot. 3rd and 4th are now 1st and 2nd… (3, 4, 2, 1). Do it again, it becomes 2,1,4,3. Once more, 4,3,1,2. Chances are, they really won’t make it back to the original 1,2,3,4 (4th cycle). The shuffling isn’t as effective when its just 3 troops though. (1 and 3 switch places, 2 stays in place).

4. Queen Mab summon: better on defense, doesn’t quite work on offense. I’ve seen some Queen Mab fire twice in one turn as a summon. Was bewildered.

5. Mana Burn damage is nice vs 2 troops and freezing 2 messes the whole team up usually.

6. The one major con as others pointed out: Impervious completely nullifying her damage. I really wish she had some way to deal with Impervious, even if its just Deal 10 damage + Mana burn etc. etc.

That’s why I’m trying not to use all these Gem Chests :slight_smile:

Well, I was expecting a little better from my Fav. kingdom, my home kingdom as well. But its an alright Mythic, not the best I’ve seen, more like a Legendary than a Mythic. I was really hoping the Mythic would be Queen Maeve, from the story line. Maybe a future Legendary Troop? :open_mouth:

i got Skadi too. let me tell you her ArchNemesis → it’s Elemaugrim!!!

that dragon has impervious and the third trait making our attack becomes zero…

you can’t imagine how helpless when your Skadi fights an Elemaugrim. yup… i have experienced it…

1 Like

Yuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Skadi is my new Mythic Troop :slight_smile::sunglasses::heart_eyes:

and Still Love :heart_eyes:

I know I am necromancing this topic, but I returned to this game after 5 years absence and I noticed that Skadi does not make sense anymore?
I mean, why she have Arcane trait that raises her Magic while her spell isn’t affected by her Magic anymore? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Mana burn got redefined. It used to mean dealing damage equal to the mana held by a troop. Now it means dealing damage equal to the caster’s magic stat plus the mana held by a troop. If you check the tooltip that pops up for skadi you’ll see that description. So arcane still makes sense

7 Likes

Oh thanks, I didn’t notice Mana burn got changed! :o